Saint Etienne

Julian H. Cope

I downloaded "So Tough" a few weeks ago and spent an enjoyable morning stuck on the bus in traffic the next day listening to it. It was my revision music of choice and brought back a few memories.

Avenue and Hobart Paving. Lovely.

I used to f-f-f-fancy Sarah Cracknell something illegal.

I downloaded "So Tough" a few weeks ago and spent an enjoyable morning stuck on the bus in traffic the next day listening to it. It was my revision music of choice and brought back a few memories.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here, I met her after a gig at the Pyramids centre thing in Portsmouth back in 93 after a gig (St Etienne supported by Pulp). Even with a skinful of dutch courage, I somehow managed to turn into a giggling schoolgirl when I met her :(

I think Hobart Paving has been on every compilation tape/cd/flash drive I've ever made, and the London Conversations compilation is never too far from hand these days either.

Was it any good, then? Did you see Go-Kart Mozart?

I saw the tail end of their set,(Got to hotel a bit late, then hit the bar for some much needed refreshment)but they were pretty good.

Saint Etienne were utterly fantastic & the album played really well live.My only gripe was a pr*ck behind me insisted on leaning over me to film with his f*cking mobile phone. .Generally I am quite tolerant but I had to tell him to f*ck off. What is it with tw*ts and their phones at gigs. Bunch of c*nts.

Used to?? She's still got it. Wanted Hobart Paving for first dance when I got married, but got shouted down. Saw them at Soton Uni in about 94. Mostly just stoood sawping at Ms Cracknell