IOW Festival

StuRomseySaint

tbf U2 would be as good as Oasis, if not better. Been doing some research and they look a good bet!

From what ive read u2 very rearly do festivals. They dont want to risk their live reputation on dodgy sound equipment that they dont trust. Metallica are very similar and actually demand to have their own sound tech's for when their set turn comes round.

From what ive read u2 very rearly do festivals. They dont want to risk their live reputation on dodgy sound equipment that they dont trust. Metallica are very similar and actually demand to have their own sound tech's for when their set turn comes round.

True, but IOW set up on Sundays sound and stage for their final act, 2 years ago with the Rolling Stones they even set up their tour stage with the moving stage set.

Philistine.

Go and download yourself a copy of "After The Gold Rush", sit down and listen to it, then listen to "Harvest".

It was ment in the terms of what was rumoured to be the headline act on Sunday. I am still open minded and will go have a listen to your suggestions

I can't believe the negative comments about Neil Young on here. "What a load of tosh"? "Whoopdeedoo"? I can't let comments like that go! I can only assume that you people are ignorant of his work. Or have never seen him live before. Or don't like rock 'n' roll.

Here are a few superb albums of his you ought to check out: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, After the Goldrush, Rust Never Sleeps. And there are many more excellent ones!

Neil Young - one of the true greats of rock music. Still putting out good music after all these years. And he's kept his integrity intact.

"Hey, hey; my, my;

Rock 'n' roll will never die"

I can't believe the negative comments about Neil Young on here. "What a load of tosh"? "Whoopdeedoo"? I can't let comments like that go! I can only assume that you people are ignorant of his work. Or have never seen him live before. Or don't like rock 'n' roll.

Here are a few superb albums of his you ought to check out: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, After the Goldrush, Rust Never Sleeps. And there are many more excellent ones!

Neil Young - one of the true greats of rock music. Still putting out good music after all these years. And he's kept his integrity intact.

"Hey, hey; my, my;

Rock 'n' roll will never die"

Well said. The man is an absolute legend.