New Red Dwarf announced!

Sheaf Saint

Never lost it's appeal for me. We were awash with it's brilliance, so we started to take it for granted. But I remember it was the only decent thing on NZ-TV back in the early 1990's. Occasionally these days, I'll watch an episode on DAVE, and it turns out to be one I've never seen. Great stuff.

I don't want just one episode. I want a series. Do I understand correctly that Craig Charles is on Coronation St now..? What a fall from grace..! Lister would have been appalled.

it is so moronic. really outdated, and chris barrie is so bad he is almost repellant.

it was probably good when it started, all those years ago. but after about 5 minutes of it being on, i find my mind wandering and turn over to see what else is on.

also they have been saying they would be doing a film for at least seven years. they advertised auditions for extras when i was doing performing arts at college in 2001. I think that means it will never happen (thankfully)

it is so moronic. really outdated, and chris barrie is so bad he is almost repellant.

it was probably good when it started, all those years ago. but after about 5 minutes of it being on, i find my mind wandering and turn over to see what else is on.

also they have been saying they would be doing a film for at least seven years. they advertised auditions for extras when i was doing performing arts at college in 2001. I think that means it will never happen (thankfully)

Series 1-6 were magic.

I won't hear a bad word about them.

My concern, as with what happens with most comebacks, is that they often do not live up to what came before.

If they are going to make some new shows they must have superb script writing and exceptional production standards to give the actors a shout; other wise it will not be worth doing.

If they do it right then bring it on, if not then the actors should not touch it with a barge pole.

I still find the early episodes hilarious.

I think series 1 and possibly parts of 2 are the weakest [sorry Ponty], apart from the last series, which didn't reach the heights of the middle series. Even so, there are some stand our episodes, and even when there are not stand out episodes, there are some parts of episodes which are face cheekbone achingly funny.

Anyone who doesn't find Smoke Me A Kipper, or Gunfight Of The Apocalypse legendary episodes, just doesn't have a funny bone, whether they laugh hyterically at The Office, Extras, Little Britain, League Of Gentleman, etc... or not. Alternative characters like Ace Rimmer and Duane Dibley just add to the chuckles.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qcgHMe9Ek_o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dwyanSMayf4

Terrible comedy..? You must be joking..!

Edited by St Landrew

I think series 1 and possibly parts of 2 are the weakest [sorry Ponty], apart from the last series, which didn't reach the heights of the middle series. Even so, there are some stand our episodes, and even when there are not stand out episodes, there are some parts of episodes which are face cheekbone achingly funny.

Anyone who doesn't find Smoke Me A Kipper, or Gunfight Of The Apocalypse legendary episodes, just doesn't have a funny bone, whether they laugh hyterically at The Office, Extras, Little Britain, League Of Gentleman, etc... or not. Alternative characters like Ace Rimmer and Duane Dibley just add to the chuckles.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qcgHMe9Ek_o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dwyanSMayf4

Terrible comedy..? You must be joking..!

Gunfight of the Apocolypse is the only episode I would watch if I had to watch any at all.

I actually laughed at the 'just four more bowls' line. I did try and like it. I even read all four of the novels. But I think it always fell way short of its potential.

I think maybe that same episode had the 'are you sure? it does mean changing the bulb' line too, which was also funny. I gave it a lot of my time, it did not repay in kind.

I've always thought it was a bit bum, but have had to pretend to like it to maintain friendships with people who are as hardline as St L. They did come up with a few decent sci-fi concepts, but it was always let down by the "we're trying to be hilarious" acting.

Craig Charles has found better homes for his genius on 6 Music's funk show, and on Takeshi's Castle, where he can get away with shouty playground innuendo in the early afternoon.