Fairport Convention

Dog

• 1 year later...

LOL. Just seen this thread. I must have gone to this festival about 5/6 times when I was young. My parents took me and siblings until we decided it was too uncool to go anymore. My parents and younger brother still go. My parents must have gone every year for about the last 20 years, although they don't slum it anymore and stay in the Travel Inn!

To be honest, it's a cracking little festival, although hardly any of the music is to my taste anymore. Things I remember about the place are Donut Vans, could smell them from miles away, used to 5 for £1, then 4 for £1, then 4 for £1.50. God knows how much they are now! Also remember people carrying round round and fat cider bottles.

The pub is always packed too, the Brase Nose?

Proper hippy event...

I just can't see you as a hippy mate....... I want to, but it's just so incongruous.

I have been known to participate in a few hippy traditions over the years, like getting drunk on 99p cider, then sha99ing a librarian in a mauve thick knit jumper wearing clogs & cords.

LOL. Just seen this thread. I must have gone to this festival about 5/6 times when I was young. My parents took me and siblings until we decided it was too uncool to go anymore. My parents and younger brother still go. My parents must have gone every year for about the last 20 years, although they don't slum it anymore and stay in the Travel Inn!

To be honest, it's a cracking little festival, although hardly any of the music is to my taste anymore. Things I remember about the place are Donut Vans, could smell them from miles away, used to 5 for £1, then 4 for £1, then 4 for £1.50. God knows how much they are now! Also remember people carrying round round and fat cider bottles.

The pub is always packed too, the Brase Nose?

Proper hippy event...

The Brasenose yes. Are you really the 'Mikey' that they all talk about?

TBF the music is bile, but for a small village with a population of about 2000, to get 35000+ ravers, it's a great crack.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been known to participate in a few hippy traditions over the years, like getting drunk on 99p cider, then sha99ing a librarian in a mauve thick knit jumper wearing clogs & cords.

I can see you in that attire Dog, altthough I'd like to think the clogs came off for said deed.

Easy Star All Stars

Them!

Glad you had a sooper dooper time. I'm off to Cornwall for a messyfest this weekend.

Easy Star All Stars are great. They did a cover of the entire 'Dark Side of the Moon' album that was really rather good.

They also covered 'OK Computer' I believe, although I haven't got round to listening to this yet.