Ashes to Ashes

J Bizzle

Life on Mars was by far the best IMO

Life on Mars should have been terrible but low! it was incredible, the best British tv show in years and years. Every episode had big laughs and at least one 'shiver down the spine' moment and John Simm was so so good. The Blair/Brown swingers party still makes me giggle.

I started watching Ashes to Ashes but it was just rubbish. Everything that LoM did effertlessly, A2A just tries waaaayyyyy too hard and ends up missing the target 9 times out of 10 (I'm being very generous). Its souless, humourless, chill-less, Simm-less and me-less.

I watched Edge of Darkness on DVD the other day, classic 80s environmental/political thriller. Its mostly amazing, mad dad talking to his dead daughter as he stumbles toward a nasty case of radiation poisening. And then in the last episode it turns in a poor mans James Bond (it was directed to Martin Cambell who did Golden Eye and one of the new ones). Its worth a pop though.

I'm gonna give State of Play a go as well (featuring our main man John Simm again), now the Hollywood film version has come out.

Life on Mars it was incredible, the best British tv show in years and years.

I started watching Ashes to Ashes but it was just rubbish. Everything that LoM did effertlessly, A2A just tries waaaayyyyy too hard and ends up missing the target 9 times out of 10 (I'm being very generous). Its souless, humourless, chill-less, Simm-less and me-less.

100% agree. Especially Ashes to Ashes trying to hard .

I agree up to a point - I was really disappointed when 'ashes to ashes' started, but I stuck with it and found it really enjoyable in a different way. It does try too hard, for sure, but it's much more playful than 'Life on Mars'. Still think that 'Life on Mars' was better, but then I think that it was better than anything else the bbc has done for ages.