SWF Mixtapes are go!

Pancake

THE RETURN OF A LEGEND.

SWF Mixtapes (née TSF Mixtapes) are back, and this time to make sure we stay this side of the legal line we are using Spotify to create the 20 song masterpieces.

Spotify allows you to listen to a whole load of music legally and quickly. You have to install the client on your PC or Mac. You can either be free user, which means you get adverst between songs (seems to be about every 10-15 songs for me, and its only 1 advert at a time) or you can pay or a day membership or a month one.

Anyway, the best bit is that you can create playlists of songs and then share the URL of this playlist out, meaning we re0birth of the Mixtape on here. To share a created playlist, once you have finalised the tracks and order, right click it and copy the URL.

So far, Buzzin' Orn, Pancake, Julian Cope and Rattlehead have agreed to create a musical mix. Let me know if you want to take part too.

The first mix from Buzzin' Orn should be up this week or next.

Date - Mixer

24/04 - Vol 1: Buzzin Orn - SWF

08/05 - Vol 2: Julian Cope - Once In Neptune

22/05 - Vol 3: Pancake - My Mistake

05/06 - Vol 4: jeff leopard - Hi, I'm Jeff from Spotify

19/06 - Vol 5: revolution saint - Test

03/07 - Vol 6: Rattlehead - Rattlehead

31/07 - Vol 7: Scudamore - Scudio Mix

14/08 - Vol 8: Saint_Stevo - Stevo

28/08 - Vol 9: Bexy - Bexy's 2009 Mash Up

11/09 - Vol10: Percy Windham - h8male

25/09 - Vol11: Super Mikey - Your New Favourite Playlist

09/10 - Vol12: Smirking Saint - Smirker's

23/10 - Vol13: Block 5 - 3 Phase

06/11 - Vol14: Johnny Shearer - Mix Up

27/11 - Vol15:Percy Windham - I, three days fro now: The sea is vast, I have lived it over twice now: Take these hands and throw them in the river

11/12 - Vol16: Saint Bert - SWF MT

15/01 - Vol17: Rory - Merry XXX-mas and a Happy Neu Year

29/01 - Vol18: Jonny Lewis - SWF mixtape

12/02 - Vol19: jeff leopard - jeff leopard's Magnificent Octopus

26/02 - Vol20: Buzzin Orn - Dear Godot, This is what I hear when I wait for you

12/03 - Vol21: Smirking Saint - You're 'avin' a laugh mush

26/03 - Vol22: Scudamore - Scudio Mix II

09/04 - Vol23: Block 5 - Dedicated To Nineteen Canteen But You Weren't Listening

23/04 -Vol24: SuperMikey - Reprise

07/05 - Rattleheeeed II

21/05 - RobskII

04/06 - Swansea Saint

18/06 -

02/07 - Julian H Cope

09/07 - NothamSteve

Floating backup - Pancake part II

Edited by Pancake
Added some dates

Added you JS. Is 2 weeks between mixes OK for everyone?

Fine for me thanks but please could I maybe slip a few slots down the schedule? I'll be away most of May and I would then appreciate a bit of time to nail it down.

I would be very grateful, ta.

Fine for me thanks but please could I maybe slip a few slots down the schedule? I'll be away most of May and I would then appreciate a bit of time to nail it down.

I would be very grateful, ta.

Nay worries me old mucker.

I don't think you can run it from your internet browser directly - you might need to open the downloaded Spotify program first maybe (either manually or when it asks you what program to use). It works fine for me so don't know what to do if it doesn't work. Other than that I dunno mate. Sorry.

Buzzin will know.

I don't know what people are talking about here, but when I click that link my spotify opens, it says BuzzinOrn - Loading and .....nought happens.

Have I got to go through some weird induction first?

Odd. Try the link that Buzzin posted. Should just be bale to click the link, Spotify opens and the playlist is imported.

I personally think they may get lost in this thread.

I think each being a sticky for a couple of weeks until the next one is up would work. You could have another 'permanent', maybe locked, sticky with an explanation and links to each as well (updated by Pancake?) so everyone can find them easily even once dropped from sticky status. Under this plan, this thread would fall away and be replaced as described.

My thoughts anyway.

I think each being a sticky for a couple of weeks until the next one is up would work. You could have another 'permanent', maybe locked, sticky with an explanation and links to each as well (updated by Pancake?) so everyone can find them easily even once dropped from sticky status. Under this plan, this thread would fall away and be replaced as described.

My thoughts anyway.

Sounds good...

My thoughts anyway.

OK, this thread here stays stickied and I'll move out the stuff on BO's mix. This thread has the dates etc in and will also have links to the relevant mixes and threads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

B5 - added

I missed one as I was on leave and forgot to sort it. But it was OK as JS is still having net issues so Ive moved him back to the end of the list.

Scu - you are up for Friday 31st still if thats OK.