Ringo Starr

Deppo

...or should I say Richard Starkey. What a c*****. One minute he's saying how he wouldn't be where he was without his stage name, the next he's telling us not to use it if we should ever have the misfortune to meet him. Listen, pal, the only reason you got famous was because you had the outrageous fortune of being a last minute replacement in the most famous band in history. Your name had nothing to do with it. A f*cking monkey could have drummed for the Beatles. Doublec*nt.

...or should I say Richard Starkey. What a c*****. One minute he's saying how he wouldn't be where he was without his stage name, the next he's telling us not to use it if we should ever have the misfortune to meet him. Listen, pal, the only reason you got famous was because you had the outrageous fortune of being a last minute replacement in the most famous band in history. Your name had nothing to do with it. A f*cking monkey could have drummed for the Beatles. Doublec*nt.

They were probably too busy with their own stuff though.

Didn't someone once comment that he wasn't the best drummer in the world and was told that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles?

People moan about footie players and celebs earning too much money, but should peopla like Ringo and Macca really still be raking it in for stuff they did before a majority of us were even born? I reckon there should be something like a 10 year law; 10 years after a record is published it becomes royalty free. Thoughts?

Didn't someone once comment that he wasn't the best drummer in the world and was told that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles?

People moan about footie players and celebs earning too much money, but should peopla like Ringo and Macca really still be raking it in for stuff they did before a majority of us were even born? I reckon there should be something like a 10 year law; 10 years after a record is published it becomes royalty free. Thoughts?

Good idea.

I think by Ringo Starr's own admission, he wasn't that briliant a drummer. It was said that he had good rhythm and timing though, which meant that he was a good foundation to the Beatles sound.

I say, it was said he had good timing, because like millions of people, I've listened to the Beatles loads of times over the years, and I wouldn't even attribute good timing to his drumming. But then Paul McCartney used to hit the absolute right note only every once and a while. Listen closely to Wings - Bluebird, as a classic example, if you don't believe me. Appallingly flat and sharp. It didn't seem to bother the people who bought the records though.

I think that it was John Lennon who said this in an interview.

There should certainly be a law against him continuing to make records about how he once used to make records in the 60s, y'know, with The Beatles. His solo work is the musical equivalent of those Cilla Black fronted life insurance ads.

In fact Cilla and Ringo should be forced to copulate, then at the point of croaking scouse ecstasy they should be dipped in molten gold and set as a Fab monument atop the Liver building, for future generations to revere.

There should certainly be a law against him continuing to make records about how he once used to make records in the 60s, y'know, with The Beatles. His solo work is the musical equivalent of those Cilla Black fronted life insurance ads.

In fact Cilla and Ringo should be forced to copulate, then at the point of croaking scouse ecstasy they should be dipped in molten gold and set as a Fab monument atop the Liver building, for future generations to revere.

Excellent idea. I'll start the smelting of all things gold.