Flight of the Conchords

Sheaf Saint

Did anybody watch the 'One Night Stand' special on BBC4 lastnight? ******* hilarious.

I can't wait for the new series to begin in a few weeks. In fact I need to get hold of the DVD of the first series. One of the fuinniest shows in recent history.

Oh, so is it the second series being aired on BBC4 and not a re-run of the first? Hope it's the first one because i've only ever seen a few episodes. Pretty dang hilarious though :D

They are repeating the first series next week and then the new series will be on the week after.

I think.

I LOVE FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!!!!

its the mixture of the bone-dry humour (office/Curb) with the joyful sillyness of the mighty boosh.

Series 2 of flights is really good, the first episode is a little under-whelming but then its gets better and better. Episose 6 or 7 is amazing, directed by Michael Gondry (Eternal Sunsine/Be Kind Rewind) and its boasts the best song yet (Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor).

Sadly, Brett and Jermain have said its the last series :( as the stress of writing a whole series and loads of new songs nearly killed them. They've got to tour again though, and i'll be there.

Here's a blast from the past

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed that those above were decidedly unfunny, when all was said and done. But FotCs is different. You have to get Kiwi humour.

I'm not too keen on The IT Crowd, but to say The Office and Extras are unfunny says more about your sense of humour than the quality of the shows. There's a reason these shows have won more awards globally than any other British shows and, the Office in particular, have spawned more remakes than any other non-game show type programme.

I'm not too keen on The IT Crowd, but to say The Office and Extras are unfunny says more about your sense of humour than the quality of the shows. There's a reason these shows have won more awards globally than any other British shows and, the Office in particular, have spawned more remakes than any other non-game show type programme.

Of course it does, and whatever I say is always going to be my opinion. Unless we are dealing with cold hard facts, there will always be a real chance of disagreement. As it is, I found the Office too squirmingly real to be funny, and Extras was just unfunny. But I've never been one of the herd, so I'm sure my opinion is in the minority.

Still love me..? :D

Yep, too many sheep following the herd, ditto F1 :p

Of course it does, and whatever I say is always going to be my opinion. Unless we are dealing with cold hard facts, there will always be a real chance of disagreement. As it is, I found the Office too squirmingly real to be funny, and Extras was just unfunny. But I've never been one of the herd, so I'm sure my opinion is in the minority.

Still love me..? :D

I'm having second thoughts if you're suggesting that appreciating The Office and Extras as groundbreaking, and very funny, shows means I follow the herd...