Band of Brothers Boxset

saint_stevo

Its brilliant. Whilst Saving Private Ryan got bogged down in sentiment straight after the beach assault, BoB hits the ground running (and under-fire) and keeps you hooked right till the end,

The last time I watched it was during a really cold and snowy spell and I was living out in the sticks. I felt like I was in the Ardennes Forest with them, except that I was watching tv in a nice warm house and not being constantly shelled and starving and freezing to death. But there was empathy in the room.

Generation Kill is the BoB for the Iraq War 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Bought it today on bluray from play.com for the crazy price of £15.99!

Despite all the reviews and recommendations from friends i've still never got round to watching it! Is it really as good as i've heard?

probably one of (if not, the best) series of anything I have ever seen...

truely brilliant story

Its brilliant. Whilst Saving Private Ryan got bogged down in sentiment straight after the beach assault, BoB hits the ground running (and under-fire) and keeps you hooked right till the end,

The last time I watched it was during a really cold and snowy spell and I was living out in the sticks. I felt like I was in the Ardennes Forest with them, except that I was watching tv in a nice warm house and not being constantly shelled and starving and freezing to death. But there was empathy in the room.

Generation Kill is the BoB for the Iraq War 2.

generation kill is also very good...done by the same people who made The Wire..and has the same take on faults with America

Strange i really liked The Wire but i just can't seem to get into Generation Kill,i don't know why but it seems just to slow for some reason.

i recommend sticking with it. after watching all 5 series of the wire in about 3 weeks, me and my girlfriend then took twice as long to watch the 7 or 8 episodes of generation kill as it is quite hard going, and extremely full on, and you've got that thing where its really hard to tell who's who when they're in full combat gear. but it really builds up nicely, and its got some amazing action scenes (particularly in episode 5 or 6 when they get ambushed on a bridge).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...