Ghostbusters 3

Thedelldays

Oh great. Yet another case of "Let's wring every last dollar out of a franchise as possible" :mad:

Why is nothing sacred any more? Why can't they just leave things alone? I suppose the producers don't even care if it turns out to be **** because there is a whole new generation of kids to sell merchandise to so they will still make a few million out of it. But then this is Hollywood we are talking about, so a little bit of artistic integrity is too much to ask for.

Shame.

Oh great. Yet another case of "Let's wring every last dollar out of a franchise as possible" :mad:

Why is nothing sacred any more? Why can't they just leave things alone? I suppose the producers don't even care if it turns out to be **** because there is a whole new generation of kids to sell merchandise to so they will still make a few million out of it. But then this is Hollywood we are talking about, so a little bit of artistic integrity is too much to ask for.

Shame.

To be fair, it's always better as a trilogy than as a pair.

Ghostbusters 3

No official plot yet, but they hope to bring back the guys from the previous installments.

The Chicago Tribune got hold of writer/actor Harold Ramis, who confirms and offers additional info on the project. He reveals that Judd Apatow and crew may be involved and the storyline will likely revolve around the original Ghostbusters mentoring a younger group of hopefuls, similar to the late 90's animated series, Extreme Ghostbusters. Here's what he had to say:

"Yes, Columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg. Judd Apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman and I are consulting at this point, and according to Dan, Bill Murray is willing to be involved on some level. He did record his dialogue for the new Ghostbusters video game, as did Danny and I, and Ernie Hudson. The concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. Not much else to say at this point. Everyone is confident a decent script can be written and I guess we'll take it from there."

Ghostbusters 3

No official plot yet, but they hope to bring back the guys from the previous installments.

theres been a ghostbusters 3 script kicking around for years and years where they get sent to hell and have to take on the devil. bill murray couldn't bring himself to get involved (although that didn't stop him from sleep-walking through ghostbusters 2).

Shame.

Why be so serious? It's worth a crack if they think they can do it right. Godfather 2, key example.

It's not like they are going to rape your mind by making you watch it over and over again. I don't like the new Star Wars films, but kids do. So let them have their cake.

The first two films were hardly the finest moments in cinema history...

They are entertaining trash, and if they make a new one, that will be entertaining trash too.

This is very true. I watched the first one again recently, and I felt like I was waiting the whole film for the jokes to start.

I mean, lets face it, Dan Akaroyd and the guy who plays Egor are truely terrible. I don't even know how a guy as bad as Egor can get into any film at all. It was only worth watching for Bill Murray and Rick Moranis.

This is very true. I watched the first one again recently, and I felt like I was waiting the whole film for the jokes to start.

I mean, lets face it, Dan Akaroyd and the guy who plays Egor are truely terrible. I don't even know how a guy as bad as Egor can get into any film at all. It was only worth watching for Bill Murray and Rick Moranis.

He directed it ;)

In a report attributed to InFocus Magazine, and picked up by various outlets including Hollywood.com, actor-filmmaker Harold Ramis offered up some details on the long-in-development sequel, Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent. He even suggested who might take over as the star of the franchise since Bill Murray refuses to.

Ramis reportedly wants franchise vets Dan Aykroyd and Rick Moranis to reprise their respective roles in the sequel, which the report claims will be called Ghostbusters in Hell, but he has his eye on A-lister Ben Stiller to star as a new Ghostbuster.

The script, written by Aykroyd, is said to feature a hell that looks alot like New York City. The Ghostbusters are able to be transported into hell via a portal in a New York warehouse.

"What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell, a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits," Ramis revealed. "But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter. It's the darkness between the 24 frames.

Ramis continued, "So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell. Everything's grid-locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified."

In a report attributed to InFocus Magazine, and picked up by various outlets including Hollywood.com, actor-filmmaker Harold Ramis offered up some details on the long-in-development sequel, Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent. He even suggested who might take over as the star of the franchise since Bill Murray refuses to.

Ramis reportedly wants franchise vets Dan Aykroyd and Rick Moranis to reprise their respective roles in the sequel, which the report claims will be called Ghostbusters in Hell, but he has his eye on A-lister Ben Stiller to star as a new Ghostbuster.

The script, written by Aykroyd, is said to feature a hell that looks alot like New York City. The Ghostbusters are able to be transported into hell via a portal in a New York warehouse.

"What Danny had originally conceived was sending us to a special-effects hell, a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits," Ramis revealed. "But what works so well about the first two (films) is the mundane-ness of it all. So my notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality, but it's like a film shutter. It's the darkness between the 24 frames.

Ramis continued, "So we create a device to do it, and it's in a warehouse in Brooklyn. When we step out of the chamber, it looks just like New York, but it's hell. Everything's grid-locked; no cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. No two people speak the same language. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified."