Isle of Wight review 2009

StuRomseySaint

Not the best festival, but still had a fookin awesome time. The sh!te lineup from about 8pm on Sunday meant that we could fook off early and get the ferry back last night, which was a bonus.

One bad note, was the organisers stupid rule to give a 10p refund on cups.... leading to children running round the site scavenging trying to find as many as they could, going through bins etc. Disgusting.

Strawberry Fields was better this year and there was more to do.

On the bands, I thought that the top 5, in no order would be...

Basement Jaxx

Razorlight

Goldie Lookin Chain

Stereophonics

The Script

Not sure why Goldie Lookin Chain were on Sunday at 2pm, they should have been on Friday night before Jaxx and Prodigy, a few other issues with bands being in the wrong places, and a massive f*ck up in the choice of top 2 acts on Sunday, but overall a great weekend!

Edited by StuRomseySaint

I caught some of it on ITV2. GLC looked like they tore it up as usual, and I enjoyed what I saw of The Pixies. Can't say there was anything else that grabbed me.

Looking forward to seeing Basement Jaxx at the Big Chill. Not a massive fan of their music but I saw them at Homelands a few years back and they know how to put on a good show.

a massive f*ck up in the choice of top 2 acts on Sunday

obviously you were there and i wasn't, and taste is a personal thing, but the two acts you're referring to, Neil Young and Pixies, are without a hint of exaggeration, two of the greatest and most influential acts ever to grace the crazy world of rock n roll.

I was tempted to go along for just these two acts, but the endless waves of FM friendly dross (I'm looking at you Pendelum&Prodigy) leading up to them would have driven me to mass murder.

But hey, one man's Neil Young is another man's Paulo Nuntini.

obviously you were there and i wasn't, and taste is a personal thing, but the two acts you're referring to, Neil Young and Pixies, are without a hint of exaggeration, two of the greatest and most influential acts ever to grace the crazy world of rock n roll.

I was tempted to go along for just these two acts, but the endless waves of FM friendly dross (I'm looking at you Pendelum&Prodigy) leading up to them would have driven me to mass murder.

But hey, one man's Neil Young is another man's Paulo Nuntini.

Influential maybe, but I don't feel that they reflect the crowd which goes to the IOW Festival, Neil Young will no doubt be more welcome at Glasto... but the lack of hippy 'alternatives' at the IOW meant that a sh!t load of people had gone home early by the time he came on.

I changed my ferry to come back last night, as there was nothing really worth waiting for after Simple Minds on the Sunday..... a hell of alot of other people decided to do the same thing.... the ferry was packed!

Did manage to hang out with Goldie Lookin Chain on the way back though, them c*nts are nutters!

The Ting Tings were my fav, followed by the prodigy. I had over 60 pints at the festival; can anyone beat that?

Only drank 40 tokens but would easily match 60 pints I think, if taking into account the beers I powered through at the tent.

I had 5 hours sleep between 6am on Friday morning and 11pm on Sunday night though... that takes some beating, surely?