Mercury Prize.

Julian H. Cope

They fully deserve that, their latest album is a cracker and they're one of the most underrated bands in music today.

Plus, most of the other nominees' albums are just overhyped. Last Shadown Puppets album only has two decent songs on it (Age of the Understatement and Standing Next To Me), Laura Marling's album is good, but not great. Adele? F*ck off.

The only other decent album on that list is In Rainbows, but Radiohead don't need any more accolades tbh.

I thought Burial was going to claim this. How wrong I was. Out of all the efforts, I like Do You Like Rock Music? the best. It's probably still my favourite of the year so far.

You say Radiohead don't need any more accolades but I find it astounding that they've never won this prize. They probably don't care, though.

As for Elbow, I'm not that fussed about their music but, having met him, Guy Garvey is a genuinely nice guy so I am pleased for him.

• 2 weeks later...