Swindon

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Jury's Inn are having a summer sale and they are charging £39 for a room in Swindon if anyone wants to stay for a few after the match. There are twin bedded rooms available for sharing as well.

Normal price £69 and the hotel is slap bang in the centre of Swindon, about 10 minutes walk from the County Ground and about 2 minutes from the clubs and Wetherspoons (of which there are three)

Got that week off, won't be staying the night though.

Best train deal i've found so far is £13.20 return by buying a seperate return ticket from Soton to Basingstoke & then from Basingstoke to Swindon. This is based on having a 16-25 railcard tho.

Hope to be getting up there about 3ish, already checked out the wetherspoons & other pubs, seem to be plenty in the vicinity of the station anyway! Looking forward to it.

Don't think they'd move all behind goal, as the prices are different, apparently last season they sold the side bit first (more expensive) then behind the goal, i'm not convinced we'll actually take that many being a Tuesday night, not great train connections. Would be great to take 2500 but more like 1500 i reckon

definitely worth waiting to go behind the goal, although it is catch 22 as we need to sell the side bit first, according to the grounds guide website all teams get 1200 in side stand....then "Teams with a larger away following can also be allocated the Stratton Bank End if required. A further 2,100 fans can be accommodated in this area"

apparently it is £5 cheaper behind the goal so we're more likely to take more if they give us that end as well.

just a shame they haven't given us all the tickets up front to give people a choice, side stand sit down with a roof, or stand behind the goal on the stratton bank (basically a terrace) and hope it doesnt rain.

Similar thing at carlisile where all teams are given seats in side stand, but bigger followings also get terrace behind goal i'm thinking about emailing them and asking them to let Saints have the terrace!

Might wait actually, I'm sure we'll sell 1087 tickets quite quickly, especially considering its still during the school holidays too.

I remember we took 1800 to Coventry on a Tuesday night in the april school hols during the play off season in the CCC so i'd imagine we'd take more than that to Swindon since it's not that far to go either.

Edited by saints_is_the_south

FAO Bungle & others.

Just emailed David Luker asking that if i were to buy tickets for the side then when behind the goal tickets went on sale would i be able to get the side tickets refunded & buy tickets for behind the goal, had this reply:

Hi Lee

Yes. You would be able to do that. I’m pretty sure the tickets would be the same price though

David Luker

Jury's Inn are having a summer sale and they are charging £39 for a room in Swindon if anyone wants to stay for a few after the match. There are twin bedded rooms available for sharing as well.

Normal price £69 and the hotel is slap bang in the centre of Swindon, about 10 minutes walk from the County Ground and about 2 minutes from the clubs and Wetherspoons (of which there are three)

Swindon town centre is the size of a postage stamp so there's no worries about getting around in the town centre.The Jury's Inn is really very close to the ground, maybe more like 5 minutes walk.

£39 sounds like a deal as not only is the hotel so close but it is brand new in the last few weeks.

FAO Bungle & others.

Just emailed David Luker asking that if i were to buy tickets for the side then when behind the goal tickets went on sale would i be able to get the side tickets refunded & buy tickets for behind the goal, had this reply:

Ooo...exciting. I think I am still going to wait until Thurs/Fri just in case I can avoid the hassle of changing ticket, mind.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Depends on ticket availability mate.

I will be in the pub and drinking fine ales by 2pm at the latest, looking forward to it.

Glue Pot?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
That's a gay pub so stearing well clear...

Will probably start in the Old Town vacinity.....I will be well and truely inebriated by kick off.

B0ll0cks is it. Pillock.:mad:

But you go to the 'bars' in the Old Town and good luck to you. Just take plenty of KY...

Does anybody know of the best way to get reasonably-priced train tickets for this game?

South West Trains are currently quoting me £50 for a day return from Poole to Charlton, claiming that the cheap advance tickets have already been snapped up. When I look on the SWT website, it seems to indicate that you can't try to reserve cheap return tickets more than 45 days before the date of travel. I was hoping to pay nearer £30 to be honest, £50 is massively over the top.

Something doesn't quite add up. I also understand that you can't now buy a standard adult rail card, and it has to be a family with friends type combo (not much use if you're not taking kids with you, so I'm told)

Any other websites worth searching out? Somebody has mentioned Megatrain to me.

Does anybody know of the best way to get reasonably-priced train tickets for this game?

South West Trains are currently quoting me £50 for a day return from Poole to Charlton, claiming that the cheap advance tickets have already been snapped up. When I look on the SWT website, it seems to indicate that you can't try to reserve cheap return tickets more than 45 days before the date of travel. I was hoping to pay nearer £30 to be honest, £50 is massively over the top.

Something doesn't quite add up. I also understand that you can't now buy a standard adult rail card, and it has to be a family with friends type combo (not much use if you're not taking kids with you, so I'm told)

Any other websites worth searching out? Somebody has mentioned Megatrain to me.

Apologies, i just realised I've raised a query about the wrong game!!!!!!!!!

I'm driving to Swindon so don't need to know about trains for Swindon.

Would still be interested in any advice for Charlton though. On a further point, I'm not a ST holder, do we think we'll get the whole away end for Charlton (and therefore I should hopefully be able to get a ticket??!!!???)

Apologies, i just realised I've raised a query about the wrong game!!!!!!!!!

I'm driving to Swindon so don't need to know about trains for Swindon.

Would still be interested in any advice for Charlton though. On a further point, I'm not a ST holder, do we think we'll get the whole away end for Charlton (and therefore I should hopefully be able to get a ticket??!!!???)

Should get about 3k for Charlton, I'd imagine some will make general sales.

8am train from Soton central to Charlton via Waterloo & pubs in London for me & 2 or 3 others works about £16.40 each, 3 of us have rail cards tho.

I'm going on the train from Gloucester (anyone else going from round 'ere?)

Should be getting down there for 6.30pm (going straight from work) I know the County Ground is easy to get to but where will everyone be drinking before the game? It will be my first away game for a few years and my first ever where I can drink (normally driving!) - last one was Cardiff away, but you want to keep your wits about you when you go there!

Really looking forward to it, hopefully we will be 2 from 2 and looking to wipe out the 10 points against Brentford!