Best/Fave fight scene

hamster

What is your favourite FIST filght scene in a film?

I expect a few nasty gratuitous suggextions from blood-thirsty youngsters among us, but for me, this one is not just a good fight, it is quite amusing and one that can be enjoyed by the whole family, over 50 years old too; The Quiet Man:

Skip to about 60 seconds for the first punch.

Edited by hamster

Nobody said it had to be a fist fight....

very good call, and I'll raise you with the beach assualt in private ryan and the attack on the japanese camp in thin red line.

I watched the bourne trilogy the other day and the fight scenes in that are amazing, especially when he's flattening assasins with everyday household items, such as rolled up magazines, cook books, trifles and sleepy kittens.

there's a hilarious deconstructed fight scene in Alphaville (oh those crazy french) which culminates with the hero driving over the villan's head.

and least we forget the amazing fight scenes Scorsese gives us in Mean Streets and Raging Bull.

oh yeah, when neo fights agent smith at the end of the first (and in my book, the only) matrix film.

i could go on...

I have to say that although the suggestions so far are quite good, they are not (by any stretch of the imagination) authentic. I maintain that the OP of the Duke vs. Vic McLaglen looks like every punch thrown actually connects. Two extremely tough men having a great time punching the crap out of each other.

• 1 month later...

Having watched Watchmen for the nth time (the kids love it) the fight scene in the alley that Laurie Juspeczyk (Silk Spectre II) and Dan Dreiburg (Night Owl II) have with the Knot Heads is pretty good.

But there's a scene in the bar where Rorschach crushes a glass that is being held by the bloke who passed on the contract to assassinate Veidt that reminded me of the bar fight in The Ninth Configuration.