Away game newbie

Red&White

Bit of advice needed peeps, have been to many home games over the last 25 yrs give or take. Only been to a handfull of away games in that time ( I know poor show ! ).

I am very keen to start going to away games, now do you think it best to go with the Saints travel club or do your own thing ?.

Does the travel club drop you off near a local boozer ? ( I guess not ).:smt102

Do your own thing! I used to get the travel club when i was a nipper but now I'm older i always use the train & go with a few mates which keeps the cost of the fare down & we have a bundle of laughs. We used the travel club for Forest last season as the trains just didn't work out right on a Sunday & we all declared that we would never use the travel club again, always the train where ever it be to!

Travel club is good if you want to get straight to the ground, watch the game & go straight home again. Apart from that i see no other positives for it. Drops you off right outside the away end with about an hour to spare til KO, leaving no time to find a decent pub for a few beers. Derby away in the play offs was ridiculous, got up there at 7.30 for a 7.45 KO!

With the train you can do what you want, come home when you want...etc Like i said its made even more worthwhile if you can get a group of 3 or 4 together to make some real savings. Ofcourse if you are just travelling as a 1 man band then it might not be so fun & the travel club might be better for you.

HTH.