The 92 Club

Michelle

Following on from Jan's post on the main forum about tickets, got me thinking about re-calculating how many grounds I've visited. Know we had a thread about this on the old forum, seems a good place to keep a track on things.

I'm currently on 59 of the 92, having lost a couple of the ones I've already visited out of the League in the past couple of years. However, by the end of the season I'll have that up to 72, potentially more dependent on cup fixtures. All of these are with Saints - not sure I could bring myself to go to a game as a neutral!

How's everyone else doing for grounds visited?

I must do all my grounds with Saints and only Saints so I can't count the Emirates as I did that with PSV. I am up to over 100 grounds now but count those overseas and those that no longer exist plus those I have been to for friendly matches. Have a few to do this season Carlisle, Hartlepool, MK Dons, Wallsall and Wycombe. Currently out of the 92 I have done 79 and by the end of the season 83 plus any that we may get in cup competitions. Need Wigan and Arsenal in the PL.

Edited by ladysaint

I'm on 77 now, but will be minimum of 81 by end of the season with visits to Hartlepool, Walsall (been to their old ground), Colchester (new ground, aging been to old one ) and MK Dons to look forward to.

Especially looking forward to overnight stay for Hartlepool where I think we'll have a good turn out despite it being played on tuesday night, I know of loads of London Saints definately going.

On 60 out of the 92 at the moment, should reach 70 by the end of the season, plus Cup draws.

Probably giving the Withdean a miss (not a proper football ground anyway), will wait until we visit their new ground which is being built at the moment.

Hartlepool should be a belter, looking forward to a good turn-out there.

Done 60ish out of the 92 and will be adding a few this season. To be honest I think it's near on impossible to do the 92 without doing some games as a neutral however long you try, especially with new grounds constantly being built.

Hey, if we carry on bombing down the leagues the way we have over the past few years, maybe not! I'll just need cup games at Arsenal, Wigan and Stockport, Cardiff and Swansea if we do!

I have been to 74 of the current 92 grounds in the league.

By the end of the season I should will have been to another 5 - Carlisle United, Colchester United, Hartlepool United, Milton Keynes Dons and Walsall.

Could be more depending on cup draws.

I've done 91 out of the 92, just St Mary's to go.

Seriously, it's in the twenties or thirties I'd imagine - without counting. I cannot imagine how much you guys have spent on travelling around following Saints. I'm pretty sure you don't like to think about it too much though.

46 different league grounds plus The Real Wembley, all bar one (crewe) to see Saints matches.

However of the current league clubs, 11 were visits to their old grounds, (Saints and Leicester are the only teams I've been to the old and new grounds).

4 teams are no longer in the league Luton, Oxford (Manor Ground), Wimbledon (Plough Lane) and Newport County (Sommerton Park)

Which only leaves me with a poor 31 of the current grounds, 11 grounds no longer in existence and 4 teams no longer in the league.

55 current grounds for me despite doing this away lark for over 15 years (lost the likes of Rotherham, Colchester, Cardiff, Arsenal recently).

Have what I call 'doubles' too where been to both the old and new grounds (Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Reading, Man City, Sunderland and Bolton spring to mind!).

Been great fun.......wouldn't change a thing!!

• 2 weeks later...
I've done 78 grounds with Saints…

57 league grounds

3 conference grounds

13 old grounds

2 Scottish grounds (pre-season friendlies)

1 european ground

2 national stadiums (Wembley and Millennium Stadium)

I've seen Saints at the following

76 current league grounds

5 current conference grounds

20 old league grounds (Bristol Rovers x 2)

2 old conference grounds (Oxford Utd. and Wimbledon when at Plough Lane)

2 Scottish grounds (pre-season friendlies)

5 european grounds in Uefa Cup

2 european (Major teams) grounds in friendlies

2 national stadiums (Wembley and Millennium Stadium

+ Scarborough (in the League Cup twice), but they are now way down the non league ladder

• 2 weeks later...

I have done 27 current league grounds & 38 when you include old grounds national stadiums & grounds abroad.

I am going to give doing all 92 a bash but it is slow & steady for me.

massive respect to those on here with 50 + grounds that is a cracking effort & fair play to those that have done or are going to do them all

Latest, as I appear to have miscalculated my original number:

http://www.footballgroundmap.com/saintmich82

So, 62 so far, with at least another 9 to come this season starting this Saturday, will be on at least 71 by the end of the season - though saying that, I believe Southend are getting their new ground next year, so that'll drop back down to 70.

Bloody hard work keeping up with these new grounds - frustrating when you've done a club's ground, only for them to move a couple of years afterwards - lost at least 3 just through that factor!

• 2 weeks later...

I did walk round the remains of Bradford PA's ground back in the 80s. It was a freezing cold, wet grey day between Xmas and New Year. We were quite drunk and I was carrying a tape recorder playing Joy Division inside my jacket, which gave the experience a very sad yet strangely romantic feel and marked it indelibly on my mind.

When Shrewsbury made the play offs I went to their home game to complete the 92. Of those 74 have been with Saints and there will be 3 more this season. Also seen Saints at 3 grounds that no longer exist, but hopefully I'll get Arsenal back when we get back to the Prem!