Oldham Away

Saint_Jonny

it should be a great laugh on the train up from London with ****ney reds (Man United at home to Bolton), West Ham going to Stoke, and Millwall going to Stockport. Perhaps we could arrange to have a quiz for us all to pass the time on the journey?

it should be a great laugh on the train up from London with ****ney reds (Man United at home to Bolton), West Ham going to Stoke, and Millwall going to Stockport. Perhaps we could arrange to have a quiz for us all to pass the time on the journey?

They should put west ham and millwall fans in the same carrage IMO

Think London Saints booked on 9am from Euston get to Manchester 11.10 so hopefully too early for Millwall and West Ham, but might be fun on way back !

There will also be Chelsea around Euston going to Villa for an early kick off so another opportunity to make friends on the day out

One thing to note for anyone going by train is there are no trains from Manchester to Oldham as works commence on a new tramline to serve Oldham and Rochdale.

London Saints have already booked up transport from Manchester to Oldham for before and after the game rather than use the replacement buses that are available.

see link

http://www.gmpte.com/

What transport are you planning to use between Manchester and Oldham??!

This is being organised by our Chairman Mick Strickland who sorts out all our travel.

If you look at contacts on London Saints web it will give you his details but you'd need to phone him at home at moment or e-mail him, or email me (I'm ticket co-ordinator) and I'll give you his home email address.

http://www.londonsaints.com/moxie/19/lssc-contacts.shtml

• 2 weeks later...

There is no direct train service from Manchester to Oldham as the Oldham Rail Loop is shut from October 4th -2011 as it's being converted into the Metrolink System.

An intensive bus timetable operates from Central Manchester, journey time 30-45 minutes to central Oldham. Services 181 and 182 pass by the ground.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/additional_info/OldhamLoop.html

From this page you can download the bus info as PDFs.

Ron's on board :D

Edited by RonManager

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

The minimum allocation for away fans is 1600. If we have sold 1000 and don't request any more that leaves 600 available on the day.

That took me about 45 seconds to find out on the Oldham site.

One thing to note for anyone going by train is there are no trains from Manchester to Oldham as works commence on a new tramline to serve Oldham and Rochdale.

London Saints have already booked up transport from Manchester to Oldham for before and after the game rather than use the replacement buses that are available.

see link

http://www.gmpte.com/

Is there any chance of getting a ride with you guys? I'm getting the train to Manchester Piccadilly from Taunton, (arrive 1200, return 6.27pm). I've researched all the replacement bus times (see my post above) but this would be so much better!!

ps I've tried your link above but seems to be broken.

Sorted now. Have contacted Mick.

Edited by RonManager

New ground for me, picking up eldest son from end of summer contract in Shrewsbury, on the way up, with all his junk and the obligatory bucket to catch last nights dinner etc (this will be his first away football match) Youngest son and me still trying to convert him to football from mountain climbing - not much success but we keep going, however, saints are the team he supports just needs to be more enthusiatic.

I am tempted to come over from Leeds if i can convince my housemate to come aswell...the one thing that is really putting me off is this whole bus thing, no train station how annoying! Anyone else going from Leeds ?

Should be coming from Lincoln (assuming we don't sell out and I can buy a ticket on the day) and Leeds is on the way. If you can get to somewhere like Castleford or Morley on the M62, you might be in luck.

750 is still pretty ****, I guess everyone's saving their money for Orient next month.

A day or so before Carlisle away it was said we'd sold 700, we had a shade under 1,000 up there.

Buying tickets on-the-day is gonna be a regular occurrence at many of our away games this season, I'd suggest there'll be 1,000+ tomorrow.

A day or so before Carlisle away it was said we'd sold 700, we had a shade under 1,000 up there.

Buying tickets on-the-day is gonna be a regular occurrence at many of our away games this season, I'd suggest there'll be 1,000+ tomorrow.

I don't understand why people pay on the day for away games.

Doesn't this prevent them from getting it logged with the Saints ticket office that they've been to various away games, therefore potentially preventing them from getting tickets for future away games where demand may exceed supply?

I don't understand why people pay on the day for away games.

Doesn't this prevent them from getting it logged with the Saints ticket office that they've been to various away games, therefore potentially preventing them from getting tickets for future away games where demand may exceed supply?

You're right of course and you usually end up paying a lot more for a ticket on-the-day but nature of the beast I guess. In the 40-odd years I've been following this club I've lost count of the number of times the decision to 'go away' by some was made in the pub the night before!