Hartlepool (inc Sedgefield racing)

bungle

Right, been meaning to do this thread for ages!

As someone pointed out on another thread, on the afternoon of the Hartlepool away game (Tues 24th) Sedgefield races are on (1st race 12.50pm).

Doesn't seem that easy to get to the course, the nearest train stations are Darlington and Durham, however I'm sure if a few people wanted to attend then a taxi from one of these stations to the racing wouldn't cost much at all. So, am throwing it out there to see who is planning to be up there for the whole day, and might be interested in going racing.

Also, got to figure out how to get back to Newcastle after the match, as no trains!

My stupid Mrs is making me spend the time doing something she wants to do on her birthday. This is going to be the only away game I miss all season. Stupid Mrs :(

No way you can work the town of Hartlepool into the birthday celebrations then?

Edited by RonManager
Geographically challenged!!

• 3 weeks later...
Tickets for this have just gone on sale, seeing as the demand is so huge for Orient tickets, I imagine these will be snapped up straight away by our new, massive away support... thought not.

There is 4 of us also heading back to Newcaslte after the game, think it's only about £20 odd for a cab, so not to bad.

Might want to add 2 more people in that cab.

At least six of us I know of for races now...

Only concessions available are Grandstand Enclosure, where we'd need a minimum of 15 people, gives us 20% discount, and has to be booked 7 days in advance. Works out at £12 a pop, full price would be £15.

Alternatively, concourse tickets are just £7, no discounts available.

Edited by Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted this on the main board, and I have checked it out.

For those going back to Newcastle after the game, you can get the train to Sunderland at 2229, and then get the Metro back into the city centre. Much cheaper than a taxi.

Someone posted this on the main board, and I have checked it out.

For those going back to Newcastle after the game, you can get the train to Sunderland at 2229, and then get the Metro back into the city centre. Much cheaper than a taxi.

Cheers for that, had missed that option. Still looks like that won't get you back to Newcastle until 23.30ish, might pay a bit more for a cab and get back an hour earlier.

Edited by Sour Mash

SPARE TICKET FOR SALE

Due to a poorly daughter I can't make the game so I am looking to offload my ticket to anyone - will take a discount if needed. Ticket can be collected from the Sedgefield races or at the ground.

Send me a PM if interested

John

Ticket offloaded successfully

Edited by John D
not needed