Travelling to Saints away league games live on Sky.

RonManager

In order to save money, I have been booking train tickets well in advance to get some kind of discount. I've just got a good 50% discount for Colchester away from Trainline. The thing is these tickets require you to travel on a specific service on a specific day, or they are not valid.

It has suddenly dawned on me that some matches (Leeds?), and especially those towards the end of the season, if things go as we hope, may get moved because of live coverage.

Does anyone know the rules governing this? What is the minimum time in advance that Sky has to advertise this, or has it all been done for this season so I don't have to worry.

Generally Sky pick their games 6-8 weeks in advance. You can check how far ahead they have picked games by going to http://www.skysports.com/football and clicking the Live on Sky link.

Occasionally they will select a game closer to when it is played (think we once had one that was going to be on Sky, but then not due to an FA Cup Replay, or a game having to be moved to a Sunday, or somesuch).

Towards the end of the season they pick games only a couple of weeks ahead (the Monday night at West Brom springs to mind).

Unfortunately, there is b*gger all you can do about it in terms of train fares. I am in the same boat as you as I book months in advance.

It's not just games changed for Sky for also the postponed games too where you lose out.

The most recent very late change I can think of was the West Brom game (Lallana scored, last away of the season when we stayed up) which was changed to the Monday night for Sky. I know quite a few people who lost out through the train tickets they had purchased well in advance.

Despite the above I always try to book well in advance, booked Oldham back in July.