Orient; paying on the day sitting with home fans.

Draino76

Anyone doing this? I'm not even a Saints member this year. Just bringing me and the boy this time as its only a 30 minute trip. Are they a friendly bunch? Will I have a problem paying on the day for home end tickets?

Regards.

I'll guess not going by some of their forum posts. Some are seriously p!ssed off we have "taken over their ground". Here's a few quotes for you.

"Idiots, they have 3100 already!"

"Tell them to go and **** themselves, bloody scummers. I hate Southampton with a passion."

"If they wanted to travel in greater numbers then dont get relegated. I bet had they stayed in the Champs last year then they would probably have not taken 3,100 and or more to hardly any game this season"

and

"See, told you all - Bertie Big Bo**ocks - Just who do they think they are these clubs.

If they wanted big away support and better allocations well they shouldn't have got flamin relegated in the first place.

And whats more, if Southampton fans are blatantly found to be in home areas on the day then they should be lobbed out on their ears with no refund"

From the same poster.

But then again, someone wrote this about the poster above:

"OTH is a total mong. Don't even bother to read his posts.

Oh and he bought his wife on Ebay."

Some people do agree that we aren't arrogant ****s and that we are entitled to take as many as we can - after all, it is giving them money they seem to so desperately need. I guess its down to opinion in their camp. I know I wouldn't want away fans in the Northam if a team sold out their allocation, so I can see that point, BUT, the fact they are banging on about how arrogant we are cos we are taking over half their average attendance in an away following is complete b0ll0cks. We are just well supported.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck mate.

I just e-mailed Barry Hearn to get his take on us sitting in their areas? I imagine we would be up in arms if say Leeds, Charlton were trying to get in our sections. I remember we outed a few Mancs sitting in home areas over the years?

Surely Oreint should be happy with extra revenue etc

I played golf with Barry Hearn 3 years ago he actually said to me if you get fed up supporting Southampton come to Orient we need all the support we can get!! Over to you Barry who BTW was a top bloke.

I just e-mailed Barry Hearn to get his take on us sitting in their areas? I imagine we would be up in arms if say Leeds, Charlton were trying to get in our sections. I remember we outed a few Mancs sitting in home areas over the years?

Surely Oreint should be happy with extra revenue etc

I played golf with Barry Hearn 3 years ago he actually said to me if you get fed up supporting Southampton come to Orient we need all the support we can get!! Over to you Barry who BTW was a top bloke.

The same bloke who essentially called us cheats by saying any team who enters administration is no better than an athlete who takes drugs, and that we should have been punished harsher? He said "We should sling them [teams in admin] out for going into administration - minimum of one division, possibly two, and then no one will cheat any more" at the start of the season...

Something tells me he won't be very open to letting us in the home end, let us know what he says though ;)