Leeds

Genk

im driving up. staying with in-laws who are ST holders at Elland Road. last time was 3-0 to us, possibly made up for the 4-3 the previous (or was it same) season at St Mary's

dinner at the Aagrah in Garforth after. lets hope with a smug grin on my face

I am going to be driving up from North Hampshire. I'm originally from Wakefield, so I know Leeds well. I might be up for car sharing if anybody would like a ride up there? I imagine it'll take quite a while on a coach - I don't hang around so should get there in 3 hours. If anybody is interested, let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
Just been announced the bus drivers (in Leeds) are going on strike on the 19 december.So i`m assuming there will be no shuttle buses to Elland road from the city centre.So it`s a blooming long walk or a taxi :-( There are more talks planned though

:( UUmmph .... typical.

Maybe the strike will fall through when it filters through to the drivers that their wifeys will use the opportunity to drag their sorry arses around the shops for the last weekend before Xmas shopathon :grin:

Ticket details up for this one on the OS, 1119 tickets in the initial allocation, could get another 600 if demand is there (which we would all expect to happen!) This is the biggest away trip of the season for me, an away trip to a big stadium against a big team! Shame about the £26 ticket price with sod all concession for teens / students!

Ticket prices are well over the top. Still going as its my birthday so making a weekend of it. Doubt we'll get a big turn out though so close to xmas!

If you're having a night out, go to Wakefield....Leeds is too spread it. Lots of sluts in Wakey too....perfect.

Looking forward to this one. Going with my 2 boys and my brother and his 2 kids who live in Nottingham if we can get tickets that is. Was looking at other League One websites and noticed that Leyton Orient fans were only charged £21 for adult prices for Leeds away. Was slightly annoyed but then realised that was played on a Tuesday night so Leeds probably cut prices for them. They know that we have a big away following so obviously they are trying to make as much from us as they can. Anyway this is our first away game of the season so really looking forward to it

Looking forward to this one. Going with my 2 boys and my brother and his 2 kids who live in Nottingham if we can get tickets that is. Was looking at other League One websites and noticed that Leyton Orient fans were only charged £21 for adult prices for Leeds away. Was slightly annoyed but then realised that was played on a Tuesday night so Leeds probably cut prices for them. They know that we have a big away following so obviously they are trying to make as much from us as they can. Anyway this is our first away game of the season so really looking forward to it

They have a tiered pricing system, we're a CAT A game.

Going up on the train. Not looking forward to that walk from the station, so a taxi may be in order...both ways!!

You'll get one on the way in, but getting one on the way back might be interesting....it's a bastard around Elland Road after the game

You'll get one on the way in, but getting one on the way back might be interesting....it's a bastard around Elland Road after the game

I remember getting lucky one year. Walked out the ground, 100m up the road and flagged the first taxi I saw :-) The walk IS a bastard though!!

Scrap that, found it - The Drysalters - and according to FGG it's shut now. Saying that, I have just had a quick scan on Google, and other stories are saying it's open and been refurbished... confused.com!!!

Edited by Michelle

I can confirm that it did close down and re-open, but cannot confirm at the moment if it is still open, but will find out! Great pub just over the road from the ground, with plenty of free parking and a quick exit!

Nice one, cheers matey. You gonna be going then? :)

For those that are driving please don't be tempted to park on the pavement near the ground. There's a road going up the hill near The Pea**** pub that always has cars parked on the very wide pavement which makes people think it's ok, but when you come out after the game you'll see tickets on all of them. Also, unless it's changed since I was living up there The Pea**** pub is strictly home supporters only and the bouncers check match tickets to stop away fans getting in.

For those that are driving please don't be tempted to park on the pavement near the ground. There's a road going up the hill near The Pea**** pub that always has cars parked on the very wide pavement which makes people think it's ok, but when you come out after the game you'll see tickets on all of them. Also, unless it's changed since I was living up there The Pea**** pub is strictly home supporters only and the bouncers check match tickets to stop away fans getting in.

Cheers Knellster.

Any more parking ideas?

I may have a spare seat if anyone needs a lift up.

Salisbury area.

Bus strike still on.First bus plan to run some services due to management etc.Whether there will be any shuttle services ,i dont know

:( The uncertainty of how often the buses are running, and possible scarcity of taxis really will cut into valuable drinking time :cool:

Talking of which, any recommendations for pubs in the city centre?