Northampton

bungle

Still waiting to find out if the game gets moved for dreaded live coverage, or to the Sunday because of Kettering v Leeds.

Not a particularly good place to go, as ground miles out of town on some leisure park, so no real pubs nearby. Annoying.

Also, "Northampton's Best Kebab House" (actual name) is sh*t.

I'm flaming sick of drawing Northampton, would be quite happy to never go there again, however something is making me want to go to this game! Agree were looking safe for Saturday at 15:00.

So... which of the restricted choice of drinking establishments shall we plump for...?

Still waiting to find out if the game gets moved for dreaded live coverage, or to the Sunday because of Kettering v Leeds.

Not a particularly good place to go, as ground miles out of town on some leisure park, so no real pubs nearby. Annoying.

Also, "Northampton's Best Kebab House" (actual name) is sh*t.

Matt you should have just gone to Milleniums down the main road about 2 mins walk always remember it being good when I was ****ed. Pubs are ****e there only 2 by the ground both K but nothing special. This draw was ****e tho been there many times during uni and with Saints and with this sandwiched in between trips to Hartlepool and Walsall very crap.

Hmm. I thought from Bath it would be straight to London and up, but it takes pretty much the same time to go to Birmingham and then back down!

Just booked my train ticket via Brum with £25 reduction from Taunton, but a 5.30am start to get it! Oh well, a chance to have good nose round Northampton.

Just booked my train ticket via Brum with £25 reduction from Taunton, but a 5.30am start to get it! Oh well, a chance to have good nose round Northampton.

I've got to get the 8am from Bristol, so that will be the 0736 from Oldfield Park for me I reckon.

9.30 train from soton central which came to £26.

Quite looking forward to this as it's a new ground, sounds a bit like Reading away though shouldn't be too hard to find a pub near the station if there aren't any near the ground.

Really hope we progress, watching the FA cup third round draw without Southampton in there would be depressing.

Didn't get a choice, but my ticket is behind the goal. Would they have sold this stand first?

Yes. When I spoke to the ticket office when I bought mine they said they had instructions to sell block by block, one stand first, although the lady on the phone said she didn't know which stand they were starting with. The end behind the goal holds 800, side stand is 1800, it will be quite embarrassing after the fuss their fans made over us having more tickets if we only take 1500

Yes. When I spoke to the ticket office when I bought mine they said they had instructions to sell block by block, one stand first, although the lady on the phone said she didn't know which stand they were starting with. The end behind the goal holds 800, side stand is 1800, it will be quite embarrassing after the fuss their fans made over us having more tickets if we only take 1500

Yes, we were kind of taken for granted by the club in guaranteeing the sale of 2000 straightaway. Still I think we'll make that comfortably.

If Northampton were better at football they would have more fans and a fuller ground and we wouldn't get so many tickets.

you could just call up and have them posted, would save enough on petrol to drive you to Northampton!

My postman is very unreliable. Things tend to not turn up or arrive already opened, so with almost £200 worth of tickets its not worth the risk.

Will just charge the petrol to expenses lol

WHAT??

Even if your postman did lose them, just contact the club and they will issue you with replacement tickets.

What normal person would do a 4 and a half hour round journey to collect some tickets?

My credit card is registered in Southampton, but i live in Bristol at moment and the club told me last time i ordered that they will not re-issue lost tickets if they are not posted to the registered card address. And with the game being saturday there wasnt time for the tickets to be delivered and then forwarded upto me in Bristol.

and i dont claim to be normal....lol

My credit card is registered in Southampton, but i live in Bristol at moment and the club told me last time i ordered that they will not re-issue lost tickets if they are not posted to the registered card address. And with the game being saturday there wasnt time for the tickets to be delivered and then forwarded upto me in Bristol.

and i dont claim to be normal....lol

Could you not ask a forum member to collect them for you and buy them a beer when they hand them over on Saturday? I'm planning on getting there before lunchtime and will be hanging around the town centre util at least 2. The offer's there Nick,and I've got to pop down there anyway at some point this week.

I know you don't know me from Adam but the offer is there.

Could you not ask a forum member to collect them for you and buy them a beer when they hand them over on Saturday? I'm planning on getting there before lunchtime and will be hanging around the town centre util at least 2. The offer's there Nick,and I've got to pop down there anyway at some point this week.

I know you don't know me from Adam but the offer is there.

SainNick

I'm off now but if you want to take me up on this get someone to PM an e-mail or mobile number to me and I'll get it tomorrow whilst at work.

SainNick

I'm off now but if you want to take me up on this get someone to PM an e-mail or mobile number to me and I'll get it tomorrow whilst at work.

cheers mate thanks for the offer but i went down today anyway and got all our lads tickets.

Spent the day catching up with the family lol

thanks for offer though!

I'm going with a couple of others. FA Cup games are a bit more relaxed than the league I find. Will have to drink on the train though because, as Bungle pointed out, no pubs within any sort of distance to their ground.

It's only £3 to park at the ground so you could park up jump on a 22 bus* and taxi or bus* back from the town centre. Sixfields is a piece of p to get to too, just follow the A43 under the M1 and it takes you right to it.

*Number 22 at 14, 34 and 54 minutes past the hour from Sixfields into town and then 18, 38 and 58 minutes past big shopping centre in town back to Sixfields. A 10 minute journey.

driving down to ticket office from Bristol tomorow to pick 8 up. Well looking forward to this game

You can order tickets and have them sent up with the travel club on the matchday. They will be available for collection as and when the coach arrives, typically about an hour before kick off. I did this for the Oldham match.