tranmere away

saint-luco

Well its 6th round of the Fa Cup that weekend, so if we make it that far then the Tranmere game will be moved. Also taken a gamble & booked our trains, but got them very cheap.

Looks like this game will be moved then!

And we won't be going to Liverpool or Everton for a Quarter Final...

We booked up for this trip prior to the 3rd round of the Cup, obviously at that point the chances of saints making it to the 6th round was highly unlikely.

We now have the awkward position of having advance trains booked and a deposit on accomodation.

I guess the best scenario would be saints beat Pompey and we play someone in the north west in the 6th round to still get use out of the train tickets and a nightout in Liverpool.

if you haven't booked for Tranmere yet I would certainly wait and see how the 5th round goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we know that we will be playing this game on the 6th, just to say that there are still some decent savings to be made on Trainline tickets.

Decided to make a weekend of it and stay over at the Sleep Station in Birkenhead.

I think the correct phrase to use is -

'Really looking forward to this one'

Yes, that's the one.:cool:

A few COLSLAWS are also staying up on Friday and Saturday night too.

Nowhere booked yet.

Thinking of staying in Liverpool...

Any suggestions on best place to stay, or any suggestions where to avoid!!!

Lots of good places to stay in Liverpool city centre. Having previously lived on the Wirral for a few years i wouldn't recommend Birkenhead for a night out. Best to stay in Liverpool and get train under the Mersey for the game.

Lots of good places to stay in Liverpool city centre. Having previously lived on the Wirral for a few years i wouldn't recommend Birkenhead for a night out. Best to stay in Liverpool and get train under the Mersey for the game.

Cheers for the info.

Mate is suggesting B&Bs approx 5 miles outside City Centre and getting cabs into town for a few bevvies. cheaper on the Car Parking too!

yep, will take Birkenhead off the list...

Steward on travel club coach on Saturday said they would be released later in the week.

Is it just me, or are tickets for away games getting released later and later - this game should surely have been announced as soon as we got knocked out in the 5th round by you know who. In fact it could have been announced earlier than that, with the proviso that arrangements were subject to the Pompey result. It's getting pretty tight to the game when the game's 11 days away and no announcement. Doesn't leave much time for sorting out post office ****-ups.

Anyone know whether this is down to our ticket office or the opposing clubs' offices.

Agree, is getting rather annoying all the short notice. Can't believe that Tranmere haven't sent us tickets yet.

I guess the TO didn't want them going on sale at the same time as all the Wembley tickets - but perhaps they need to look at providing an option on the phone lines for away tickets, or only allow postal or fax applications so they can deal with them at best time, rather than getting caught up with everything else?

Stay in Chester. Great City and myself and Chester Saint will be more than happy to meet fellow Saints fans for a beer & show people around.

Five of us staying on the Saturday night, any recommendations for a decent meal/night out, bearing in mind I need somewhere to celebrate my birthday weekend!?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Five of us staying on the Saturday night, any recommendations for a decent meal/night out, bearing in mind I need somewhere to celebrate my birthday weekend!?

Chinatown was great when I went there for a meal.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Right, my tickets are bought, now for somewhere to stay Saturday night. Any recommendations for a twin for my son and me?

Right, my tickets are bought, now for somewhere to stay Saturday night. Any recommendations for a twin for my son and me?

Depends what you want to do Saturday night.

Liverpool has loads of places if you want the late night and clubs.

For a quieter night Hoylake (where the Open Golf was held) has enough pubs and bars and is about a 15 min drive from Tranmere with a few B&B's around the Meols & Hoylake area.

Just ordered 3 tickets and the ticket office said that they were selling well - so hopefully we will shift the 1500 and get some more.

i cannot see us taking more than 1000 with all the other games we have coming up, although this will be a new ground for some people who were lucky enough not to attend the nightmare 4-3 defeat back in 2001

can't wait for the nightout in Liverpool

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Depends what you want to do Saturday night.

Liverpool has loads of places if you want the late night and clubs.

For a quieter night Hoylake (where the Open Golf was held) has enough pubs and bars and is about a 15 min drive from Tranmere with a few B&B's around the Meols & Hoylake area.

Decent pubs with decent beer and open till 12 or 1 will do me. Not into clubbing, just a nice crawl around the watering holes.

Decent pubs with decent beer and open till 12 or 1 will do me. Not into clubbing, just a nice crawl around the watering holes.

Hoylake only had a couple of good pubs when i lived there. More wine bars than pubs. Try the Ship on Market St for decent real ales. Avoid the Green Lodge for food although its fairly cheap to stay there i think.