Parking at Cardiff?

Guest Hacienda

Now the big car park is gone it's a little bit tougher - managed to park in a side road on the opposite side of Ninian Park train station last year, which was excellent - just round the corner from the Ninian Pub (to be avoided!!).

Of course, you could park in the city centre, and to this end I recommend a search for "Algebra Ltd" and get directions to them, as the road they are on is right next to the Millenium Stadium, but is free parking.

If you are coming from the Midlands, then for the Cup Final we parked at a station on the Cardiff Merthyr line. There was a superb shuttle train service on this line, and it saved going into Cardiff.

Be veryb careful of speeding in Gwent -I collected my only speeding fine in forty years of driving as I was late for the Cup final.

Cambsaint

Guest Hacienda
If you are coming from the Midlands, then for the Cup Final we parked at a station on the Cardiff Merthyr line. There was a superb shuttle train service on this line, and it saved going into Cardiff.

Be veryb careful of speeding in Gwent -I collected my only speeding fine in forty years of driving as I was late for the Cup final.

Cambsaint

Would you happen to know which station?

There's a huge housing estate about 2 minutes drive from the Park and Ride scheme they operate. Can't remember the name of the estate but I parked up and it was about a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Sorry I can't be more specific but get there early enough and there are plenty of places up until about an hour or so before kick off.

I was looking at Google-map, if you continue on the A48 from the M4 then you come to a station called Waun-Gron park Station -one stop up, from Ninian Park station. It may well be worth researching further. Re coming from the Midlands any of the stations that are next to the A470 are very good to commute in from-but check current rail tiimetables.

Cambsaint

Guest Hacienda

As it happened I nipped in a spot, opposite the new ground, just off the dual carriageway and 2 mins from the ground.

Made up for the nightmare traffic on the M6, M5 and M4.

Following on from Hacienda's post (good timing on your part!), where else did those that drove park, and how much?

I did park in town, cost a tenner but then we were in town before the game, and after the game for a good couple of hours. Worth it in the long run.

Let us know places to keep in mind for future trips.