Top 3

ladysaint

For me it has to be, in no particular order:

Leyton Orient

Hartlepoooool

Brentford

I love London games, and Hartlepool was a mission but well worth doing.

Hartlepool was great they were so friendly towards us, well worth the trip midweek.

Walsall (good game. Lots of drinking)

Orient (good game. Lots of drinking)

Exeter/MK/Wembley (all good fun. Lots of drinking)

MK would have been immense if the home fans weren't so poor, made the second half pretty boring it was like being at a reserve game rather than a semi final.

Orient - superb day out with the 'Saints family' - we were all as one that day.

Brentford - bloody cold but almost getting cleaned up by a Lambert skier will live long in the memory.

Exeter - an old style ground, but a very friendly place.

I think Carlisle away is worth a mention for the train journey / day out.

Hartlepool as well was good.

Swindon one of the worst. but depends if you ignore the game and just look at the day out

1. Leyton Orient - Some very decent boozers, coming back from 2 nil down was good & after the game at the hole in the wall was a good crack.

2. Hartlepool - Great day, lots of beer, a win & the hospitality of the people of Hartlepool. Oh & it was my birthday too! One to look back on when we are back in the prem & be able to say "i was at hartlepool on that cold tuesday night in November!"

3. Carlisle - Another cracking day up north, loads of beer on the train & then in Carlisle followed by Jaidi popping up in the 95th minute to score.

Best - Orient - atmosphere

Walsall - great performance

Wembley - we won silverware

Worst - Swindon - dire performance

Wycombe - dire performance and weather

Exeter - crap game, but had a good weekend away, ****** forget Exeter, had totally wiped Colchester from my memory, rubbish trip by train and god awful game, wet, foggy and expensive

Edited by Muckers
memory

Only been to six away, but here goes:

Best:

1. Wembley, no explanation needed.

2. Orient, great day with lots of friends.

3. Nothampton, only decided to go at the last min, and enjoyed a good win.

Worst:

Swindon, dire!

Colchester fog, cold, train bus replacement, and hangover.

Millwall, shame they equalised, we almost mugged them.

My top 3's

Best

1. Hartlepool, good performance. great atmosphere 900 up there on a cold November night, really friendly localsand a a lock in at pub near brewery with 20 other London Saints until 2 in the morning

2 Norwich not great support but most complete away preformance of the season, and great pubs before and after the game

3. Southend good performance and great support around 1000 on a friday night at a time in the season when we were still struggling

Worst

1. Swindon poor performance and cosidering we had 3000 fans there support was terrible, mind you Saints didn't deserve good support the way they played.

2. Tranmere terrible ref but no excuse for way we palyed and also had to put up with the Skate and his two girls taking the **** all game long.

3. Colchester sh*t perfomance, hard work to get there due to engineering works, fog mean't couldn't see much at the end and took an age to get back to the station afterwards and support was aweful

I've got a feeling Gillingham will be a good day out on the beer

Gillingham is a dump mate, but we do get to go through London, so chance for a good few beers after the game, and it is the last away game of the season, on May bank holiday weekend....

Best:

Bristol Rovers (Cup) - Brilliant atmosphere and my first away win (after 15 attempts)

Exeter - Stood in the second away end and a cracking day

Swindon - rubbish performance but so many Saints fans for a mid-week game!

Worst:

MK Dons - Like playing behind close doors

Stockport - Enough said

Wembley - Couldn't go!!! (blimming wife's birthday!)

Haven't been to as many as I would've liked, but here goes-

1. Southend - Only away win I've seen this season, got soaked, but had a good night out on the town afterwards.

2. Leyton Orient - Great to have so many fans up there, great support made it feel like it was a home game, enjoyed walking out the ground singing the Lambert song after his 2 late goals got us a draw.

3. Charlron - Always one my favorites every season, love having a good sing along in the Antigalican before the game.

Orient tops my list. Absolutely fantastic atmosphere with the crowd almost getting us that 2-0 down 2-3 result every away fans craves.

Colchester was the worst as I arrived 20 minutes late, saw **** all football, and it took hours to get away from the ground after. Wycombe pushes it close though witnessing zero football, crap atmosphere, luke warm burger and all.

Edited by Chez

Best away:

Oldham - not for the boozers, as the "away friendly" pub turned out to be home only, but for the quality game, getting off the bottom of the table ("we're not bottom anymore"), and the first time I heard (and sang) the Ricky Lambert song.

Orient - some great boozers in central London beforehand (thanks to Bungle), cracking atmosphere, great comeback from 2 down, another 5 minutes and we'd have won it.

The winner:

Hartlepool - made a day of it with a trip to Sedgefield races - only won on one race but a good day out. Found a quality boozer with the largest head on a pint I've ever seen. then a great performance in front of 900 very noisy Saints fans.

Worst away:

Swindon - long way (for me) to get to. Terrible performance, looked like we hadn't a clue, wondering what Pardew saw in Lambert, wondering what Cortese saw in Pardew for that matter. We could have played for a week, we still wouldn't have scored. Big Saints following, but no atmosphere at all, no chants, lots of whinging at the team.

Brighton - sh1te view of a sh1te game. No decent boozers nearby. Not going back there till they've got a proper ground.

and the winner by a country mile:

Colchester - Terrible pitch in sh1tty new lego-style ground. Took fookin ages to get there due to M25 horrors (fecking Bluewater/Lakeside nonsense). Took an hour to move 10 yards after the game due to them being allowed to build a ground with one access road through a housing estate. And a typical Adie Hoofroyd team - dirty, niggly, cheating, diving ****s, even got the ballboys to cheat by not collecting the ball when it went out. Best part was the fog, stopped us seeing the rest of the terrible game. Should have been abandoned by the ref due to the fog, but he bottled it.

Hartlepool - Decent night out in Newcastle afterwards and as I went, it allows me to bring it up in 'I'm a better fan than you' arguements.

Carlisle - Good laugh on the train up and back and a goal in the 6th minute of the 5 minutes added on is always good.

Walsall - Got well and truly smashed in London afterwards. I wonder how Catherine is getting on in Kenya? At least a few of us gave her a good send off.

Huddersfield also deserves a mention as I got to meet Noel Gallager on the train back.

Colchester, Exeter and Swindon were all very dull.

Best

1 Orient cracking atmosphere good come back

2 Southend what a win in the p1ssing rain cracking support on a friday night

3 Bristol Rovers Cracking support good win were the dry side £2.50 for a roof and all that

Worst

1 Brighton shocking view atmosphere couldnt see the game sh1te

2 Colchester just poor all round ground miles from anywhere

3 Wycombe got there late ****e game

All in all I have had a cracking time at away footy got some new grounds in and had a blast

Hartlepool - Decent night out in Newcastle afterwards and as I went, it allows me to bring it up in 'I'm a better fan than you' arguements.

Carlisle - Good laugh on the train up and back and a goal in the 6th minute of the 5 minutes added on is always good.

Walsall - Got well and truly smashed in London afterwards. I wonder how Catherine is getting on in Kenya? At least a few of us gave her a good send off.

Huddersfield also deserves a mention as I got to meet Noel Gallager on the train back.

Colchester, Exeter and Swindon were all very dull.

Yeah, I'd pretty much agree with that. Carlisle, Huddersfield, Hartlepool, Oldham, Orient, Walsall, Norwich and Northampton were all top days out.

Worst for me was Leeds, Colchester, Wycombe, Swindon, probably put stockport in there as well. Brighton and Exeter were sh**e games, but decent enough days out and had a good drink.

All the others somewhere inbetween.

Best : 1/ Stockport At least we got a point !!

2/ Leeds Damn good support for the last Sat before Xmas

3/ Huddersfield At least we only lost 3-1, it could have been 7!!

Worst 1/ Leeds Colder than a witches tit after being in Dubai 24 hours earlier !!

2/ Stockport Crap post match pubs!!

3/ Huddersfield Crap performance, crap pubs.

I didn't really choose the best 3 matches to be back in UK for did I :(

Hartlepool was great they were so friendly towards us, well worth the trip midweek.

Hi l went in the pub in Hartlepool (next to the premier inn) real nice bunch had a good laugh so friendly on a tuesday.. Had a god trip there meet soon nice people and well slaughtered on the wiskey.. Long drive home on the Wednesday

Like to add Bristol Rovers now, dont normally have a good away trip to Bristol but yesterday was excellent. After walking for about 20 minutes to a pub only to be told by the police that we couldnt go in, they then loaded us into the meat wagon and took us all to the Sportsmen Annexe a good 10 minute drive away, which was a great pub with excellent food and so I am told lots of real ales (just for Bungle). Plus an excellent result and a magnificant performance from Morgan, what more can you ask for.

Not that I've been in the country much for this season but mine are:

3. Oldham - good beers in Manchester before and after plus a decent performance with us moving off the bottom.

2. Carlisle - first game back after months away, good beers all day and a comedy train journey. Jaidi popping up with the equaliser was pretty good too especially after the lads persuaded me to stay until the final whistle.

1. Hartlepool - on a Tuesday night, says it all. Great performance and a superb strike from Lallana... oh and good beers too.

I have a feeling that Yeovil is going to be pretty s***e on Saturday, grounds that are miles out of town generally mean that it will be a crap affair.

Best:

Hartlepool, when your mini bus rocks into southampton at 5:30am and you have gone home with 3 points you no you have had a good night.

Huddersfield, met Noel Gallegher on the train home.

Carlisle, for a very entertaining train journey home and last minute saints goal.

Worst:

Brentford, the pub we were in before we were told there would be food, the chef would be "half hour", "10 minutes", "hes on his way" then at twenty past seven sorry lads hes not coming. Then a **** game followed!

Tranmmere, terrible game, and pompey beat birmingham in the 12:00 game, however we had a good night out in Liverpool.

Colchester Utd, **** ground in the middle of nowhere, followed by a cold boring mini bus ride home.

• 2 weeks later...
Like to add Bristol Rovers now, dont normally have a good away trip to Bristol but yesterday was excellent. After walking for about 20 minutes to a pub only to be told by the police that we couldnt go in, they then loaded us into the meat wagon and took us all to the Sportsmen Annexe a good 10 minute drive away, which was a great pub with excellent food and so I am told lots of real ales (just for Bungle). Plus an excellent result and a magnificant performance from Morgan, what more can you ask for.

Yeah cracking away day! Having only been to 3 away games so far this season this would definitely be in my top 3! The other 2 were Swindon and Brighton, not exactly memorable games! Fantastic atmosphere at Rovers, awesome performance and being on the terraces made it even better.

Hopefully this Saturday will be another cracker! COYR

Top 3

1 Hartlepool (no contest) – Tuesday night in late-November. Legendary. The daddy of away trips. Top work from the fans who went and provided such good vocal backing. Southern softies for once turned up and won. Memorable (or not perhaps for some!) celebrations in All Bar One afterwards.

2 Leyton Orient – Great slosh up in the East End and a storming comeback, shame we didn’t quite bag the win but cracking atmosphere toward the end.

3 Bristol Rovers – Not every away game Saints slam in 5! Good pub before the game – Golden Lion on Gloucester Rd.

Honourable mentions for Yeovil, Carlisle & Charlton, all decent days out and injury-time goals always help the journey home.

Worst 3

1 Colchester (no contest) – Boring ground in a crap location, no pubs anywhere near. Crap game with the cheating Colchester boys and inevitable defeat. Then almost lost the car in the fog…

2 Swindon – Good support numerically but ****e support vocally, and a dismal performance on the pitch. Should have been quality but turned out to be anything but. Really want us to put one over these inbred Worzels next season, if they don’t go up.

3 Wycombe – Dire game on a substandard rugby pitch. Awful evening.

(Dis)honourable mention for Tranmere, which wasn’t the best!

Walsall, for complete performance against in form team

MK Dons JPT realised we were going to Wembley

Yeovil for keeping the hope going.

Worst had to be Brighton as just could not see the other end, utterly ridiculous and will not go there next season.

• 3 weeks later...

The first vid... right at the start... Thats me in the middle = :smt041

Great day and that dancing at the station went on for absolutly ages!