Yeovil

JRM

Yeovil are still selling tickets for the Leeds game (on Monday) so I don't think that home tickets will be all snapped up by the local fans. Tickets on general sale for home ends are restricted by postcode. For the Leeds game the local area includes Bournemouth, but don't think they will be as generous for Saints.

If anyone is having trouble getting tickets, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Yeovil are still selling tickets for the Leeds game (on Monday) so I don't think that home tickets will be all snapped up by the local fans. Tickets on general sale for home ends are restricted by postcode. For the Leeds game the local area includes Bournemouth, but don't think they will be as generous for Saints.

If anyone is having trouble getting tickets, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Hi We got tickets ok, we are coming down from Southampton by train arriving Yevoil junction, any idea what is the best away pub to head for ?

Cheers:

What time are you getting into Yeovil Junction?

You may have to get a taxi to the pub/ground as the station is 2/3 miles outside the town itself, and the road is not exactly the best for walking either!

Pub-wise, you have three choices, though I am unsure which one is best for away fans today as I moved away from Yeovil a few years ago now.

1. The Arrow (BA21 3TL) which is on Stourton Way on the Abbey Manor estate is the closest. Google Map link

2. Airfield Tavern (BA22 8UX) on Bunford Lane. (Palmers fish and chip shop is opposite). Google Map link

3. Further afield you have the Bell, which is on Preston Road (BA21 3AG). Google Map link

Huish Park is BA22 8HF.

What time are you getting into Yeovil Junction?

You may have to get a taxi to the pub/ground as the station is 2/3 miles outside the town itself, and the road is not exactly the best for walking either!

Pub-wise, you have three choices, though I am unsure which one is best for away fans today as I moved away from Yeovil a few years ago now.

1. The Arrow (BA21 3TL) which is on Stourton Way on the Abbey Manor estate is the closest. Google Map link

2. Airfield Tavern (BA22 8UX) on Bunford Lane. (Palmers fish and chip shop is opposite). Google Map link

3. Further afield you have the Bell, which is on Preston Road (BA21 3AG). Google Map link

Huish Park is BA22 8HF.

Thx for the info we will be arriving at Yevoil Junction 11.40am, are there plenty of taxis outside railway station ?

Yes, there is usually a few ready for business. If not, the ones we used to use were Radio Cabs 01935 426666 but not sure what they charge now. http://home.btconnect.com/yeovilradiocabs/ is its web address...

There should be a bus service that runs to the Town Centre as well.

If you get the bus into the town centre, jumping on the No.1 to Abbey Manor will drop you off almost next door to the Arrow, there's a local Tesco store nearby also.

HTH,

Edited by markr27

Yes, there is usually a few ready for business. If not, the ones we used to use were Radio Cabs 01935 426666 but not sure what they charge now. http://home.btconnect.com/yeovilradiocabs/ is its web address...

There should be a bus service that runs to the Town Centre as well.

If you get the bus into the town centre, jumping on the No.1 to Abbey Manor will drop you off almost next door to the Arrow, there's a local Tesco store nearby also.

HTH,

Thx I have notes the taxi number, if we opt for the bus is the ground walkable from the town centre ?

Huish Park is about 35 minutes walk from town centre - if you're walking it I would recommend the Bell which is about 20 minutes away along Preston Road (on the left hand side).

Yeovil doesn't have a real away fans pub but Arrow and Bell are fine for away fans (don't know about Airfield as never been in there on match day). Arrow opens at midday and Bell at 11am so that's fine for the train you'll be on. Wetherspoons (the William Dampier) by the bus station opens at 9am for you early starters.

Taxi from Yeovil Junction to town should cost about £5, Town to Huish Park would be about £7, guess it's about £10 from Yeovil Junction to Huish Park.

Looks like either the seats have been sold out, or withdrawn from general sale as they are no longer listed online...

Seats are only available to the disabled, families and OAPS.

Had to argue with the ticket office guy to get me a seat next to my Dad who is a senior, as only he qualified. They sold me two in the end.

Seats are only available to the disabled, families and OAPS.

Had to argue with the ticket office guy to get me a seat next to my Dad who is a senior, as only he qualified. They sold me two in the end.

Yep. I was surprised to see them listed online this morning.

Yeovil have been very strict on letting people into the seats in the past, with people being shuffled onto the terracing (space permitting naturally).

I'd be interested to know in which stand the actual away seating is located.

I always remember it being in the Agusta Westland Stand (in the corner next to away terrace on dugout side of pitch), but Saints' site lists the Cowlin stand, which is the opposite side?

Edited by markr27

Huish Park is about 35 minutes walk from town centre - if you're walking it I would recommend the Bell which is about 20 minutes away along Preston Road (on the left hand side).

Yeovil doesn't have a real away fans pub but Arrow and Bell are fine for away fans (don't know about Airfield as never been in there on match day). Arrow opens at midday and Bell at 11am so that's fine for the train you'll be on. Wetherspoons (the William Dampier) by the bus station opens at 9am for you early starters.

Taxi from Yeovil Junction to town should cost about £5, Town to Huish Park would be about £7, guess it's about £10 from Yeovil Junction to Huish Park.

Many thanks for all the info, think we we taxi it to The Bell for starters.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Got my two on Tuesday. Looking forward to it.

Anyone else making a weekend of it? I know Yeovil isn't exactly the hub if the universe, but if there's anyone around for a few beers before the match and in the evening my son and I are staying in the town centre.

I have said on the main board. I had to take 2 tickets back today as a mix up. Not sure if they were meant to go to someone else or not. I took them back straight after the game today. Worth a shot if you can't find a ticket.

What train station is the best to go to? Junction?

Presuming you are coming from Southampton it is far more direct to go to Yeovil Junction from Salisbury. The bus (every half hour) will take you to the town centre where you can get a bus to the ground. They stopped doing busses directly to the ground from the station a while back because of 'unruliness'.

There are taxis though.

There are buses from the end of the station approach to town but they are infrequent and it's only 10 minutes walk from there to town. Either walk down Sherborne Road and Middle Street or along the Yeovil Country Park path, signposted from Pen Mill Station as Town Centre 1/2 mile.

There are buses from the end of the station approach to town but they are infrequent and it's only 10 minutes walk from there to town. Either walk down Sherborne Road and Middle Street or along the Yeovil Country Park path, signposted from Pen Mill Station as Town Centre 1/2 mile.

Which, ironically, used to be the railway from Pen Mill to Yeovil town Station.

Bit of trivia for you there.

Does anyone know what time the adjoining car park opens? Is it also open for away fans to use?

My Glovers-loving season ticket holder news editor has assured me The Arrow off Stourton Way is a good pub for away fans. It's a little bit out from where the ground is but not as far away as Yeovil town centre.

http://www.arrowpub.co.uk/

car park open from 12, and the arrow is about 15 min walk from central bus station, fans are friendly, bit of banter but nothing else :).

Arrow is a bit more than 15mins walk from the town centre, more like 30.

Only 10mins from the ground though - hidden in the housing estate opposite the ground.

Arrow is a bit more than 15mins walk from the town centre, more like 30.

Only 10mins from the ground though - hidden in the housing estate opposite the ground.

That's impressive Scott - it's usually you telling us that pubs are "only a ten minute walk"!!! :p

Cheers mate thanks