Gillingham Away

JRM

Looks like a nice little ground tbf. Near the train station. Few pubs about. Looking forward to it.

rubbish allocation though, last away game of the season on a bank holiday i reckon we could have taken loads, 3000 or so. Official site doesn't mention anymore tickets being available, but if we sell 1400 this week hopefully they can sort something out.

Made a spur of the moment decision today to go, as its last away game of the season.

I quite enjoyed Nottingham away at the end of last season, shame about the result, but our fans were brilliant considering we were in administration and knew we would start the following season on -10, made me proud to be a Saint.

Nice of the Club to put 'em on sale when the travelling fans are on their merry way to Bristol. Thanks guys!

Exactly my point as well this used to happen a lot in the PL and the club really do need to think more carefully about tickets. This is the last away game of the season, we have currently only about a 1400 allocation, we are still in contention for the 6th play off spot and they put them on sale when a lot of fans who go to the majority of the away games are travelling.

I was also surprised that they were not offered on an allocation basis first. Hope the TO read this and take note.

Exactly my point as well this used to happen a lot in the PL and the club really do need to think more carefully about tickets. This is the last away game of the season, we have currently only about a 1400 allocation, we are still in contention for the 6th play off spot and they put them on sale when a lot of fans who go to the majority of the away games are travelling.

I was also surprised that they were not offered on an allocation basis first. Hope the TO read this and take note.

I don't see the problem, they're still on sale and will be for a few more days.

Hopefully there will be another 1000 on the way is Charlton were allowed 2,300.

my grief with the smaller clubs is when you see the game on tv the home ends have always got plenty of empty seats available.so why not,when a club like ours that likes to take a good away following,for this league,let us have a bigger stand,that way we get more fans and they get more money through the turntsile.lets hope the gills up the allocation as there will be plenty of peed off saints fans if weve still a chance with the playoffs,we could turn it into another dellhurst

my grief with the smaller clubs is when you see the game on tv the home ends have always got plenty of empty seats available.so why not,when a club like ours that likes to take a good away following,for this league,let us have a bigger stand,that way we get more fans and they get more money through the turntsile.lets hope the gills up the allocation as there will be plenty of peed off saints fans if weve still a chance with the playoffs,we could turn it into another dellhurst

Northampton did this for the Cup match, but the exception rather than the rule.

My closest game of the season: 1.8 miles home to ground, compared to 130 miles to SMS! I shall be in the Medway stand upper tier with my boy; one of the fringe benefits of living in Medway is that your postcode allows you to buy tickets in the home stand! If anybody needs any local info, just PM me.

Any chance of a theme for this game? we haven't done that in years :(

Because its gay.

Also...only used to do it for nothing matches at the end of the year, seeing as the game could be vital to us reaching the play offs its not really the time for fancy dress.

...only used to do it for nothing matches at the end of the year, seeing as the game could be vital to us reaching the play offs its not really the time for fancy dress.

:confused:

nope... dont you remember a certain DellHurst and the theme then... worked bloody well that day....and a pretty important game that was too...

Yeah, pretty much. Tempted to drink in London and make my way to Gillingham at the last possible moment.

It is better to travel from Victoria to Gillingham, but if you end up going from London Bridge worth bearing in mind there will be about 3000 Leeds on their way to Charlton that day.

Not many other games in London due to the championship finishing on sunday 2nd, might have a couple of Brighton passing through on the way to MK Dons.

Depending on what tube lines are running London is definitely the best shout for pre-match beer.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Can also go from Waterloo East, which will probably be easier for those of us coming from Southampton.

Unless you change at Clapham

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Great news. Trains on 1st to 3rd May are diverted from Southampton to Woking via the coast and will take 60 minutes longer. No news yet on connecting services from Winchester and Eastleigh etc.

Great news. Trains on 1st to 3rd May are diverted from Southampton to Woking via the coast and will take 60 minutes longer. No news yet on connecting services from Winchester and Eastleigh etc.

LEE

just checked SWT website and it says engineering works are on May 2nd and 3rd, May 1st is OK

arriving into waterloo it recommended route is via waterloo east, or clapham/victoria depending on the times.

st pancras - Gillingham is the best route for anyone travelling from the North of London, and is the fastest London - Gillingham line, just need to factor is time getting across London to st pancras, and I am not sure if Southampton - Gillingham tickets would be valid going that way.

Trains from Waterloo East take about an hour to Gillingham, but do stop at London Bridge and Charlton. We will probably be earlier with the extra distance to travel, but Leeds will have loads down for that game.

Having just re-read my post, i can't help thinking despite being a dump Gillingham must be the perfect commuter town with direct trains to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross on one line, Victoria on the other, and now St Pancras on the high speed line!

I don't beleive the town is worthy of such a service.

Having just re-read my post, i can't help thinking despite being a dump Gillingham must be the perfect commuter town with direct trains to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross on one line, Victoria on the other, and now St Pancras on the high speed line!

I don't beleive the town is worthy of such a service.

It is fused with Chatham, Rochester, Walderslade and Boxley making a fair sized conurbation.