Brizzle Rovers - Bank Holiday Weekend

Michelle

Does anyone know when tickets are likely to be released for this game??

Will be interesting to see what the club do this year. The ticket office really got in the habit last season of releasing tickets for away games really late, I wouldn't be surprised if that trend is continued this season to ensure anyone out of town has to call up and pay the £3 booking fee for a lot of seperate away games.

May just have to go ahead and try and get tickets for me my mate and my son on Monday as we have flights and all booked for this one.

If you've got regular net access you'll be fine - either the official site, or probably more reliably this thread, will be updated pretty quickly after terrace tickets are made available!

There are still approximately 200 or so tickets for the seated areas to shift before the terrace becomes available.

Thanks for the update (he says drumming fingers on desk whilst waiting for the terrace tickets to come available).

went to wellington just two mins from ground last season mix of home and away .good pint of bounders cider ,thats were i shall be

Had a look and the King George IV looks good right by Filton Abbey Wood railway station think we will go there first then the Wellington on the way to the ground.

The Wellington is the best pub for away fans and serves a good selection of Bath Ales, gets busy as you might expect with its location. The King George or any of the Filton Ave pubs aren't pubs I have ever bothered with, I would recommend the Inn on the Green on the way from Filton Abbey Wood to the Welly for a very good selection of real ale and proper cider / perry and good quality pub food although they will have a no colours policy if memory serves me right.

The Wellington is the best pub for away fans and serves a good selection of Bath Ales, gets busy as you might expect with its location. The King George or any of the Filton Ave pubs aren't pubs I have ever bothered with, I would recommend the Inn on the Green on the way from Filton Abbey Wood to the Welly for a very good selection of real ale and proper cider / perry and good quality pub food although they will have a no colours policy if memory serves me right.

I see the Inn on the Green does Stowford Press cider very nice, think we will do a round robin stating at the King George, any idea how long the walk is from Filton Abbey Wood station ?

I see the Inn on the Green does Stowford Press cider very nice, think we will do a round robin stating at the King George, any idea how long the walk is from Filton Abbey Wood station ?

Couple of miles to walk. The 70 - 77 buses run along Filton Avenue if it is raining (it is a bank holiday after all!) or the cider has kicked in!

08:27 - southampton central 10:29 - bristol temple meads

21:23 - bristol temple meads 23:02 - southampton central

Thinking about doing this (but to Filton Abbey Wood) as it's expensive and it's not a straight line from Eastleigh. For it to be cheap you have to get the 21.09 back from FAW. Anyone know if it matters if we "accidentally" get an earlier one back home?

Thinking about doing this (but to Filton Abbey Wood) as it's expensive and it's not a straight line from Eastleigh. For it to be cheap you have to get the 21.09 back from FAW. Anyone know if it matters if we "accidentally" get an earlier one back home?

Last season I pre booked most of my trains with set times for most away games and nearly always messed them up somehow (the worst was somehow ending up in reading after the Exeter game) never got in any trouble, the train guard people where always understanding. It was always a genuine (usually drunken) mistake, I do try and get on the trains i've booked.

I'm meeting a friend in bristol anyway, so getting the 9pm train back doesn't really bother me, first proper **** up of the season. :)

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the guard's mood, how many of you there are and how p***d you are. Normally find the later in the day it is, the less they are bothered. Just go on the p**s in Bristol, worse things to do with your Saturday evening?

Hi we went went for a off peak group save need 4 of you to do this works out £15 each, we are going from Eastleigh/C Ford at 9.50am change at Romsey for the Bristol train to FAW, I have always kept the train tickets in the wallett they give you for tickets and if the guard comes round just flash them at him, never known them take all the tickets out, think worse case would be they tell you to get off the train and catch the later one, if you came back on the 18.09 from FAW it is going to be packed with Saints fans anyway, have done this route many times Bristol,Cardiff etc never had my tickets checked either way cos the train is so crowded.

All the best pubs are in town. Not sure why you odd balls are going to Filton. If you really want to get close to the ground straight away then change at BTM for Montpelier.

Odd ball here, point taken we may well jump of the train at BTM, see there is a Wellys with in 5 mins walk fro the station, and 4 trains an hour to FAW.

We have a spare place due one dropping out £15 on a group save if interested, also have a match student ticket, traveling from C/Ford/Romsey to Bristol.

Ring me on 07905409763

Has anyone walked directly from Filton Abbey Wood to the ground without any pubs stops before? If so, how long does it take, as have been told different things and might be rushing on the day.

I did for the cup game last year, takes about half an hour.