Sheffield Wednesday - 25th Sept

Andy_Porter

You'll be in the Leppings Lane lower this time round instead of the upper tier which will give you a potential 2294 tickets in total. I think only Huddersfield will be given the upper tier this season. If any first time visitors needs directions or advice on places to drink post it on here and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can.

Some funny characters round Hills+brough way.

We walked up a big hill last time I went there (it was raining, obviously, being the north), and popped into a pub about half way up to catch the early footy on the telly. "Skkkkyyyy spoooorrtts??? Nooo, don't 'ave it". Ok, toodle-pip. Goodluck with the evolution.

Got to a pub at the top of the hill which was fine. Rammed full of Saints by 14:00. Some people had obviously had a wee bit too much to drink. Included in this category was a lad in red and white striped Saints shirt (in common with many others) who decided to ask the barmaid for directions back to the stadium. Off she went, "yar gooo ooopppp here, and tek a riiigghhhte theerre... etc". She was talking complete rubbish so I interrupted and told the guy that actually you just walk down the hill and you'll come to the ground eventually. I asked her what she was directing him to and she said, "Ahhh thought yerr were talking about't'shopping centrrrreee". Not the brightest.

We walked up a big hill last time I went there (it was raining, obviously, being the north), and popped into a pub about half way up to catch the early footy on the telly. "Skkkkyyyy spoooorrtts??? Nooo, don't 'ave it". Ok, toodle-pip. Goodluck with the evolution.

Got to a pub at the top of the hill which was fine. Rammed full of Saints by 14:00. Some people had obviously had a wee bit too much to drink. Included in this category was a lad in red and white striped Saints shirt (in common with many others) who decided to ask the barmaid for directions back to the stadium. Off she went, "yar gooo ooopppp here, and tek a riiigghhhte theerre... etc". She was talking complete rubbish so I interrupted and told the guy that actually you just walk down the hill and you'll come to the ground eventually. I asked her what she was directing him to and she said, "Ahhh thought yerr were talking about't'shopping centrrrreee". Not the brightest.

;) Nice stereotyping.

I'd just like to say I had a wonderful afternoon at the shopping centre that day.

Never ask locals for directions when wearing away colours. It's just not a wise idea.

An early season at St Marys. 'Someone I know' got asked by some non-scouse accent Liverpool fans the way to the ground from near where the BBC is. They got directed towards the old Dell. Gullible fools headed off that way as well (despite everyone else in a football shirt heading the other way).

I do wonder how far they got before realising they'd been tucked up.

All booked for Sheffield Wednesday, making a few days of it.

Flying to Southampton to Paris Thursday, Paris to Liverpool on the Saturday morning.

Train at 11:52 from Liverpool to Sheffield then the 18:47 from Sheffield to London then on the half nine back from Southampton.

You'll be in the Leppings Lane lower this time round instead of the upper tier which will give you a potential 2294 tickets in total. I think only Huddersfield will be given the upper tier this season. If any first time visitors needs directions or advice on places to drink post it on here and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can.

I might be wrong but I think we had the lower tier last time we played you anyway.

Never ask locals for directions when wearing away colours. It's just not a wise idea.

An early season at St Marys. 'Someone I know' got asked by some non-scouse accent Liverpool fans the way to the ground from near where the BBC is. They got directed towards the old Dell. Gullible fools headed off that way as well (despite everyone else in a football shirt heading the other way).

I saw some Villa fans hanging around near where the Dell used to be the year after we moved to SMS :lol:

Tartan - just telling it how it happened. All stereotypes were well and truly reinforced that day. 'Twas just like the Hovis advert. ;)

I might be wrong but I think we had the lower tier last time we played you anyway.

Apologies maybe you did get the bottom tier. I can't remember!

Tartan - just telling it how it happened. All stereotypes were well and truly reinforced that day. 'Twas just like the Hovis advert. ;)

:lol:

We did, and there wheren't enough seats because they filled up the first three rows with flowers because it was the anniversarry of the Hillsborough disaster.

Pretty stupid of them to sell so many tickets unallocated and then cut off the first three rows.

the irony of putting us in the leppings lane lower tier, and then over filling it on the anniversary of hillsborough disaster was noted at the time, although to be fair we found seats right at the end block.

Overfilling it?

The end holds 2294 and you brought 1185, slightly over half full

I have to admit I did think it sounded a bit odd. I can't remember too well because it was that long ago, but I didn't think they would have sold it out, or come close to it.

We only had the lower tier and that was without the first three rows. I was there and didn't have a seat had to stand on the steps next to a row of seats.

2294 is the lower tier capacity mate.

Overfilling it?

The end holds 2294 and you brought 1185, slightly over half full

I was up their too, and got to say it was rammed in our section. We had extra guys standing next to us in the Isle too.

We were stood (sat) to the left of the stand (if looking at the stand from the pitch).

Maybe they had blocked-off the section(s) at the other end of the stand as well as the front rows, I could not see to the left, but it was very rammed in our bit... and on the anniversary day of the 92, as well!

The best one I heard: When we relegated Millwall and a few horrible meathead ****neys were walking towards the ground moaning that they asked some Saints fans where the away pub was and were sent to H2O is Bevois Valley, which was a gay bar in those days. Needless to day, they were disgusted by what they saw - probably just a man in a vest. Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
;) No thanks. I'll take my normal seat in the North Stand.

I'm looking forward to this. Should hopefully be a good crowd and game.

Hope so. Any thoughts on your recent wobblings. I watched the Brentford game and they did to you what they did to us last season, outfought and out paced us generally speaking. We remedied this by buying the player who caused us most grief - Ryan Dickson.

Hope so. Any thoughts on your recent wobblings. I watched the Brentford game and they did to you what they did to us last season, outfought and out paced us generally speaking. We remedied this by buying the player who caused us most grief - Ryan Dickson.

We were crap against Brentford. Worst performance we've had for a while. They were more up for it and deserved their win. We just didn't turn up. Dreadfully disappointing. We were lucky it wasn't more.

On Saturday Carlisle played reasonably well and deserved a result of some sort, but they were still nothing special. It's a very poor division and definitely worse from what I've seen so far compared to when we were last down in it in 2004. I'm confident it's just a blip. They were well organised without looking overly threatening, but in fairness they took their chance whereas we missed our chances. Our decision making in the final third lost us the game. They were solid but dirty and they were timewasting with 20+ minutes to play. Their fans were very impressive though. They brought nearly 2000 and made quite a racket.

We were crap against Brentford. Worst performance we've had for a while. They were more up for it and deserved their win. We just didn't turn up. Dreadfully disappointing. We were lucky it wasn't more.

On Saturday Carlisle played reasonably well and deserved a result of some sort, but they were still nothing special. It's a very poor division and definitely worse from what I've seen so far compared to when we were last down in it in 2004. I'm confident it's just a blip. They were well organised without looking overly threatening, but in fairness they took their chance whereas we missed our chances. Our decision making in the final third lost us the game. They were solid but dirty and they were timewasting with 20+ minutes to play. Their fans were very impressive though. They brought nearly 2000 and made quite a racket.

Interesting what you say about time-wasting. Last season it became quite noticeable, especially at away games, the sheer amount of time-wasting that went on, especially with dead-ball retrieval. At Tranmere, Yeovil and Colchester it looked like the ball-boys had been especially trained to dally when returning the ball. At St. Mary's we play the 'multi-ball' system and I'd like to see that extended to all clubs. Do SW have this system?

Interesting what you say about time-wasting. Last season it became quite noticeable, especially at away games, the sheer amount of time-wasting that went on, especially with dead-ball retrieval. At Tranmere, Yeovil and Colchester it looked like the ball-boys had been especially trained to dally when returning the ball. At St. Mary's we play the 'multi-ball' system and I'd like to see that extended to all clubs. Do SW have this system?

We have the multi-ball system too. It helps with our players, but it doesn't help when opposition keepers take an age to take goal kicks, or defenders take throw-ins! The amount of 'injuries' the Carlisle players had yesterday was unbelievable. Blatant cheating and we didn't get nearly enough added on time at the end. Oh well! How have the opposition teams been for you this season with time-wasting?

We have the multi-ball system too. It helps with our players, but it doesn't help when opposition keepers take an age to take goal kicks, or defenders take throw-ins! The amount of 'injuries' the Carlisle players had yesterday was unbelievable. Blatant cheating and we didn't get nearly enough added on time at the end. Oh well! How have the opposition teams been for you this season with time-wasting?

At home it's been bad, especially goalkeepers. It's up to officials to sort it. Mind you, if we'd actually scored some goals and been in front, then it wouldn't happen at all!!!