Tranmere trains from London

Sour Mash

Just an update for anyone who might be looking to book cheap/advanced fares from London for this game, I've had confirmation from Virgin Trains that no cheap advanced fares will be released for that Saturday as West Ham are playing at Everton.

Worth looking at other routes/options if you're planning on going up that route.

How nice of them.

After last season I don't need much of an excuse not to travel up to there.

Been there twice, both utterly sh**e trips, can't blame people for giving it a swerve in favour of other aways. Train deals might be available going up via Brum etc, just thought I'd stick this on here in case anyone is waiting for them to release the cheap ones from London (normally a fair few go up that way).

• 1 month later...
How nice of them.

After last season I don't need much of an excuse not to travel up to there.

Yes that sap with the two young girls and the Ports==uth flag the Proper PR#CK.

I have been to this ground twice and not seen a win one time we were three nil up.

I was not going to go but l will drive up hopefully third time lucky. COYR

Anyone know when we are receiving the tickets for this game?

We're driving up, hoping for a night out in Liverpool and a cheapo hotel - any recommendations for up there? Cheers

Try The Feathers on Mount Pleasant. It's central ( 10-15 mins of staggering from bars ), clean and cheap. In a nice part of the city too.

The Formule 1 hotel is renowned for being very cheap, but my mate reckons the walls are paper-thin and that a typical stay involves hearing people ****ging, shouting or fighting in the next room.

Anyone know when we are receiving the tickets for this game?

We're driving up, hoping for a night out in Liverpool and a cheapo hotel - any recommendations for up there? Cheers

Many years ago I made a last minute decision to go to Liverpool away. Got there the night before at about 9pm expecting to be able to find a hotel room - not realising it was creamfields that weekend and EVERYWHERE was booked. I ended up here:

Jamaica House Hotel, Upper Parliament Street, Liverpool

Paid a tenner, sat up all night watching a dodgy TV (didn't even risk the bed) and left at 6am. Click the little "1,2, 3" links below the pic to see internal pics. Just how I remember it :-|

Try The Feathers on Mount Pleasant. It's central ( 10-15 mins of staggering from bars ), clean and cheap. In a nice part of the city too.

The Formule 1 hotel is renowned for being very cheap, but my mate reckons the walls are paper-thin and that a typical stay involves hearing people ****ging, shouting or fighting in the next room.

Cheers for recommendation, the fact that the Formule 1 is cheap was good enough for me. The fighting/****ging in other rooms will just be a mini bonus

TUS that hotel looks like a beauty as well. Nice

Up the Saints

On another point about getting to the ground. Anyone know how easy it was to pick up a cab to and from Rock Ferry to the ground? Got a cab from central Liverpool last year, took too long and cost a few quid, so going to train it to Rock Ferry this time, but I doubt I'll be @rsed walking all the way from there to Prenton Park? Any recommendations?