Daggers away

LVSaint

We will only get 1200 for this. Seeing as no one would have seen saints play there before and it is a bank holiday monday would be amazed if this did not sell out to season ticket holders.

There will be room in the home ends, so if you really want to do this game that is an option.

Really looking forward to this, another one of the 92 ticked off. Only shame is got work the next day so can't get on it in London too much.

Not a lot around Dagenham so worth going to the pubs back on the district line and head up there nearer to kick off.

The 2nd half the season will have even more in demand trips,

800 for Brighton on Easter weekend - could be a promotion decider.

1500ish for Bournemouth - again could be a promotion decider.

1800 for Brentford - last away game of the season on a 4 day weekend (due to Royal wedding), could be for promotion, day out in London, doesn't get much better than that

We will only get 1200 for this.

The 2nd half the season will have even more in demand trips,

800 for Brighton on Easter weekend - could be a promotion decider.

1500ish for Bournemouth - again could be a promotion decider.

1800 for Brentford - last away game of the season on a 4 day weekend (due to Royal wedding), could be for promotion, day out in London, doesn't get much better than that

In the 1978 promotion year the last few games saw us taking 10,000+ away, gonna be a bit different this time. The last chance to see a reasonable number travel is gonna be Plymouth (3000+) and Orient (we always play there end of promotion seasons!) where we had 3,500 last season. Good time to get on their database now in anticipation of a successful final push to try and get home seats if needed.

In the 1978 promotion year the last few games saw us taking 10,000+ away, gonna be a bit different this time. The last chance to see a reasonable number travel is gonna be Plymouth (3000+) and Orient (we always play there end of promotion seasons!) where we had 3,500 last season. Good time to get on their database now in anticipation of a successful final push to try and get home seats if needed.

We had 4,000 in the old stand and going by how many Saints shirts I saw in the home stands, I would hazard at guess at just under 5,000. The chant by us - "We've got more fans than you, We've got more fans than you...", once the Attendance had been announced The Orient worked out that there had to be more of them as the Stand we were in only held 4,000 so they sang "We've got more fans than you" back at us to which we gave back "There's loads of us sat with you, We've got more fans than you!!!" :lol:

There is no application form. You just write in. A feat that seemed to be beyond saints fans for Exeter and Brighton last season.

Seems another bout of Cortese bashing is in progress.

There is an application form. There is a booking fee. I've read the article. Have you?

When they say 'application form', I think they mean a crap 'Word document', the only purpose of which seems to be to indicate the £3 booking fee - which incidentally is not mentioned in the OS article.

Surely in this day and age there is some way that these requests can be made online or via email*, thus negating the need for the 'application form', speeding up the whole process, and enabling fans to have a clearer idea of their movements on Monday 3rd January 2011? (looks like the fans won't know until 16/17th December)

Should we boycott this whole application process, let the tickets go to general sale and all queue up at the ticket office on December 20th, thus potentially costing the club up to £3,600 (£3 booking fee x 1,200) plus any additional cost of ticket office staff required on December 20th?

I fully appreciate Cortese's aim to run SFC as a business, I don't appreciate his aim to treat loyal fans with contempt.

* = "unfortunately we will not be able to receive email applications for security reasons".

I don't think there are any security reasons why you are not able to receive emails, but I would welcome further clarification of this, as obviously I'm not privvy to the clandestine security operation that is Southampton FC.

When they say 'application form', I think they mean a crap 'Word document', the only purpose of which seems to be to indicate the £3 booking fee - which incidentally is not mentioned in the OS article.

Surely in this day and age there is some way that these requests can be made online or via email*, thus negating the need for the 'application form', speeding up the whole process, and enabling fans to have a clearer idea of their movements on Monday 3rd January 2011? (looks like the fans won't know until 16/17th December)

Should we boycott this whole application process, let the tickets go to general sale and all queue up at the ticket office on December 20th, thus potentially costing the club up to £3,600 (£3 booking fee x 1,200) plus any additional cost of ticket office staff required on December 20th?

I fully appreciate Cortese's aim to run SFC as a business, I don't appreciate his aim to treat loyal fans with contempt.

* = "unfortunately we will not be able to receive email applications for security reasons".

I don't think there are any security reasons why you are not able to receive emails, but I would welcome further clarification of this, as obviously I'm not privvy to the clandestine security operation that is Southampton FC.

Slightly unfair on the people that like to go to games but don't use the innerweb.

It's amazing that people still moan about this process yet as proven many times before it is the fairest way to ensure people get tickets.

In all fairness, it's a bit backwards that we have to send in a letter in this day and age.

Just do it online. You enter your customer number, enter your payment details, they then see who is eligible, take the payment and job done. They can leave the option of sending in a letter for those to simple to use the internet. Seeing as there will be a few ballots this season (Bournemouth, Brighton and Brentford) it would make sense. It's not that safe sending your CC details off in the post either.

It's due to card details not being allowed to go through e-mail.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone who applies will get a ticket. Usually only a few hundred will bother to apply for games like this so anyone, season ticket holder or not, will probably get a ticket.

I'm not a ST but I'm trying to do the 92 so I have to go basically. Figureing how many people will bother to send letters, I sent the form with my Customer No

hoping it doesn't get checked. I reckon I'll get a ticket. Its League 1 not the Prem. Dagenham not Old Trafford.

I might be wrong, but my experience says that not many STs actually go away - even to games 'up the road'. I saw Sheff Utd at Barnsley yesterday. Why is there not 15,000 Blades fans locked out of Oakwell? The away end wasn't anywhere near full. I can't understand. Its like an extra home game...

I think that on a bank holiday it is normally a Saturday service so OK on that score. I did hear some people say that there are major engineering works that day and trains will be completely screwed, but the South West Trains timetable doesn't seem to reflect this at the moment, so fingers crossed, it will be OK

The application I submitted included a season ticket number which had no away games on it and all have been successful, so fairly safe to say anyone who applied got one (or when they looked at the esteemed company the customer number had applied with gave them a ticket through association)

I had a couple of messages with the ticket office on a unrelated subject but when asking about Dagenham they said it was highly likely some tickets will go on general sale next Monday, so if you do want to go and haven't got a ticket yet keep an eye out for that.

Charlton is still selling well apparently.

highly likely some tickets will go on general sale next Monday, so if you do want to go and haven't got a ticket yet keep an eye out for that.

Will it be possible to call in and order or would tickets need to be collected in person? Daft question but I get to very few games.

Will it be possible to call in and order or would tickets need to be collected in person? Daft question but I get to very few games.

they said would go on general sale so would be same as any other game. Should give them enough time to post to you before the match, just keep an eye on the official site as they said it would be announced on there. According to the original story on official site any unsold tickets will go on sale 9am Monday morning.

they said would go on general sale so would be same as any other game. Should give them enough time to post to you before the match, just keep an eye on the official site as they said it would be announced on there. According to the original story on official site any unsold tickets will go on sale 9am Monday morning.

Will do, thanks.

just checked my account and got 5 tickets. When I applied I requested my Blackpool tickets on the same fax. I have been charged the £3 booking fee twice - I don't think this is fair.

That's not right at all. I'd kick up a fuss and get the £3 back just for the principle of it, but maybe that's just me being tight!

Got my tickets! Woop! Been looking forward to this one since they got promoted.

Whats everyone's thoughts with regards to a drinking session up there? I'm thinking train to waterloo then work our way from there away but that could mean alot of on and off tubes & trains. Any one got any better idea's?

Edit: Decided not to be so lazy and had a butchers on www.footballgroundguide.co.uk.

'The tube journey out there can be a bit of a nightmare and it's probably better to get a train from Fenchurch St to Barking Station and then a tube to Dagenham from there'. Oyster & Travelcards are valid for this journey.

as for beer...

"There is a fair sized Social Club at the ground, which apart from a few high profile games, welcomes away supporters and costs 50p to enter. It is fairly basic, but comfortable and shows SKY Sports television. It is also contains a local betting outlet and a programme booth. The beer is reasonably priced with hand pulled Youngs Bitter available at �2.25 a pint. Inside the ground alcohol is available to away supporters located in the Marcus James Stand.

If it is a pub that you prefer, then going further along Rainham Road and going past Golds Gym is the Eastbrook pub. Otherwise, to be honest, there is not much of interest in the area, so there is not much point in wandering off too far."

Pub crawl through london it is then.

Oh dear... Fail on my part :rolleyes:

I'll assume I've got mine then, seeing as there are some going on general. Can't be jacked to check my online history.

Now, can they actually get them to us before the game, seeing as 1st class post within Southampton alone is taking around a week to be delivered. Could be fun!

I'll assume I've got mine then, seeing as there are some going on general. Can't be jacked to check my online history.

Now, can they actually get them to us before the game, seeing as 1st class post within Southampton alone is taking around a week to be delivered. Could be fun!

Can't be that bad, got mine in the post Friday.

If you want a ticket it's always worth applying even if you aren't a season ticket holder.

In most cases I agree with this, but surely the small allocations at Brighton and bournemouth will sell out to season ticket holders who have done 3+ aways at least.