Saints 0 Brentford 2 - Post Match Depression

St Chalet

How depressing......

But it was always possible, we cannot score against well organised sides, it doesn't matter how well we do against Dagenham and Tranmere and crap of that ilk, these are the games that count. WE have no effective striker,it's been a problem all season and it hasn't been correctly addressed.

Might I add that we need to turn out at Walsall wearing the correct kit....the red and white stripes that have always been good enough for us in the past.

We need to ditch the sash and let players remember exactly who they're playing for in the shirt that has been good enough for players far better than they'll ever be.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I recently went to an Aldershot game when they played Brentford in the cup as my friend is a die hard Shots supporter and it was for his birthday, Brentford were terrible (so were Aldershot to be fair). The shots only scored one goal but could have been more as thier defence was very poor. I really cant believe we lost to these.

But it was always possible, we cannot score against well organised sides, it doesn't matter how well we do against Dagenham and Tranmere and crap of that ilk, these are the games that count. WE have no effective striker,it's been a problem all season and it hasn't been correctly addressed.

Nail on head. Lambert has been off form all year, Guly is inconsistent, Connolly is injury prone and off form, Barnard has his off field troubles!

No silver linings that I can think of. A lousy, lousy day. I knew Brentford would not be easy but no goals, two poor defensive errors and almost all other results going against us.

I was unable to go today. It is just horrible sitting at home and watching everything go wrong. A Charlton win tomorrow will put us 7 points off 2nd place.

Some other results went for us but today was an opportunity badly missed.

Christmas party last night so decided not to drive 180 miles each way & boy am i f u c k i n g chuffed i did not make the effort.

Not happy about this at all. Mistakes are mistakes, but we are not scoring.

Big game next week. It is going to be interesting to compare how we played against them last year where we won 4-1 & absolutely mullered them. It was still not good enough to get us promoted, but as we sit today I honestly believe we are worse now than we were last year.

Getting worried about Adkins too. Very poor performances at Hudders, Carlisle, Shrewsbury & again today do not bode well & Mr Lambert is like a Sunday morning player not one who got almost 40 goals last year.

Very worried indeed!

That ladies and gentlemen is a prime example of why this team are going to face yet another season in this league. It has a punchless attack, uncompetitive midfield, porous defence and lacks bottle thoughout.

The manager and chairman can say what they like but the stark truth is that this lot is way,way short of promotion. End of.

Just sat in my car that comedy show

Butterfield, Dickson, Lallana and guly did ok

The rest were poor

Then you have jaidi and Davis..

Jaidi is past it and had a complete mare..

Kelvin was pathetic.. Poor distribution from the off and pathetic goal keeping for the goals

Adkins was disappointing... Leaving it so late to being conolly on..

Shocking display and we won't go up if we are capable if today

lets hope the new players we hope to bring in January are currently finalising deals and are signed in the 1st few days of January before we lose too much ground unless the weather does us a massive favour a snows off the christmas fixtures.I do not fancy us beating Charlton and Huddersfield with our currently inept strikeforce.

Really really poor result.Lets hope we have a big backlash to today and go on a serious unbeaten run

1) 5 points off automatic promotion with a game in hand.

2) Everybody else is also inconsistent.

3) If NC is to achieve his avowed aims, there will be changes in 3 weeks when the window opens.

1) All well and good if you can win... no sorry... score in a game of football against half decent opposition. We have been about this many points of for a VERY long time and not made up any ground.

2) The teams above are not as inconsistent as us

3) 'There will' IF we can sign the player we want, if not then we wont sign anyone and will wait until summer

Just sat in my car that comedy show

Butterfield, Dickson, Lallana and guly did ok

The rest were poor

Then you have jaidi and Davis..

Jaidi is past it and had a complete mare..

Kelvin was pathetic.. Poor distribution from the off and pathetic goal keeping for the goals

Adkins was disappointing... Leaving it so late to being conolly on..

Shocking display and we won't go up if we are capable if today

The rest were poor! Please, you are far too kind. I'm just home and I really can't believe how bad 90% of the team were today. But then I realise that Brentford failed to read the pre match script. They outplayed us/outfought us/out thought us/beat us to every header/tackle. We got exactly what we deserved today, nothing. Beaten by a far better side.

As for RL, what on earth has happened?

Depressing result, just got back from the countryside. Had to flee Norwich as rumours of plague carriers in the City. Just recieved a text from a Canary to say they was robbed, I replied with words so HMCustoms and Revenue !

Probably not safe to go out tonight methinks.

Despite reading about Brentfords good away from in the Echo this week I was still confident this would be a hardfought yet comfortable win, how clearly wrong I was. We were just **** today,not poor or bad,just ****ing ****. Some people complain Pardew had no plan B but its fair to say following the games at Carlisle and today neither does Adkins. Why was no effort made to strengthen our squad during the loan window? Its clear for most to see how lacking in depth we are at the moment, as soon as I heard Barney and Fonte were out I thought we'd struggle because there's not much fight in our squad without them.

Hope there really is money to strengthen in January and its not just talk to appease the fans as its going to be another year of League 1 football otherwise.

Adkins remains a disappointing appointment.

What a waste of what was a talented squad.

I totally agree...

when Adkins was appointed I said i was not at all convinced, especially when things would potentially start to go wrong. I was worried that he would not have the ability to motivate players and would nto have the tacticle ability to change things and that was totally apparent to all who where there today. Although I dont think we have played well in recent matches either.

When you have a someone like guly who is not actually bad with his head, why then go and put him on the wing? play chamberlain up top and then keep hitting 50 yard balls up to him in the air? I just dont get it.

Martin should have started today, he has some potential but will want off in January. Lambert cant become a bad player in the course of a few months and we are not playing to his strengths, he is not even getting the chances.

Poor poor poor!

Brentford = Loss

Brighton = Draw

Peterborough = Win

Carlisle = Loss

So thats 4 points from last 12.

Not really Championship winning form is it? Lets just hope those above us keep losing and dropping points, then we can make a transfer or two to STRENGTHEN not just add to the squad and go on a big second half push.

Disappointing. And very cold. We were poor and missed Fonte, Barnard and Chaplow. On the bright side, I can only recall Kelvin having to make two saves (which, unfortunately, he didn't). And we hit the post and had a couple of good on-target shots beaten away by the keeper. On the down side, we passed poorly, resorting to long balls to nobody in particular. Guly was good-ish, Lallana tried hard but tried to go it alone right at the end when a pass to Connolly would have been better. Lambert received the ball well and flicked it on but there was nobody there to receive it. Jaidi was slow. Chamberlain was not up to his usual standard. Referee was dreadful.