Plymouth Away - Saturday March 26th...........

JRM

I have tried contacting Plymouth regarding this game and as yet have not been given a answer regarding moving the fixture which currently clashes with Wales v England in Cardiff the same day and kick off time.

http://www.faw.org.uk/fixtures-events/fixtures

It is only 10 weeks away so those of us who book the cheap advanced train deals could really do with confirmation before booking anything.

I am hoping for the game to be switched to the Friday night and do a double header going from Plymouth to Cardiff on the saturday to do the England game.

If anyone has contacts at Saints or Plymouth can you try and find out what the plan is for this game? We already have Charlton away on the Tuesday of that week.

Friday, 25 March 2011

Brentford v Carlisle, 19:45

Bristol Rovers v Peterborough, 19:45

Hartlepool v Rochdale, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 26 March 2011

Bournemouth v Charlton, 13:00

Brighton v Swindon, 15:00

Colchester v Exeter, 15:00

Dag & Red v Sheff Wed, 15:00

Huddersfield v Notts County, 15:00

Leyton Orient v Yeovil, 15:00

MK Dons v Walsall, 15:00

Plymouth v Southampton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 28 March 2011

Oldham v Tranmere, 19:45

Couldn't give a **** about England so would like it to stay Saturday 3pm KO. Might make a weekend of this one!

There is no way we will kick off the same time as England though which is currently set for 3pm so more likely we'll end up like bournemouth who have moved their kick off to lunchtime. A few have moved to the Friday, I just hope whatever they decide is announced with plenty of notice.

That's f**kin inconvenient.

Can't see the OB agreeing to an early KO with the prospect of thousands of Saints fans (will we get 3000 for this one?) piling out the ground and into the nearest pubs, mingling with Plymouth, the navy boys and every other thug to watch the England game.

C'mon Saints and C'mon England.

That's f**kin inconvenient.

Can't see the OB agreeing to an early KO with the prospect of thousands of Saints fans (will we get 3000 for this one?) piling out the ground and into the nearest pubs, mingling with Plymouth, the navy boys and every other thug to watch the England game.

C'mon Saints and C'mon England.

Personally I think the MOST likely outcome is that our game is made an early kick off on the Saturday. What is also worth considering is if the games is postponed due to international call ups, still a possibility, but can happen at quite late notice I believe. Annoying to say the least.

I'll be going to Cardiff, so I'm not bothered.

surely it would be better to do a double header and do them both?

I've just been told that ticket is mine so got the option of doing both games now. if they are the same time it will be a real dilemma.

You'd make a large profit if the games were the same time and decided to sell on your England ticket I presume?

Yes i'm sure a lot of profit could be made, although i wouldn't do that as have 2 or 3 mates after a ticket and would pass it on to them at face value.

Ironically tickets in the away end for the Millenium stadium are £15 and £25 so it could be cheaper for me to go to a Euro 2012 international qualifier than a league one match!!

been told by today by ticket office that this will be 5.20PM kick off, so can watch Wales v England b4 the game

That's funny cause I've been emailing Plymouth about it and after bombarding their inbox finally got a reply saying no decision has been made yet. Also, what if schneiderlin was called up for French u21s, doble for Wales and chamberlain for England u21s, we could in theory request for fixture to be re-arranged due to international call ups.

That's funny cause I've been emailing Plymouth about it and after bombarding their inbox finally got a reply saying no decision has been made yet. Also, what if schneiderlin was called up for French u21s, doble for Wales and chamberlain for England u21s, we could in theory request for fixture to be re-arranged due to international call ups.

Exactly, still can't decide what to do for this one, f****g annoying. Plus you'd thought the club would go to the trouble of issuing a statement of what is going on with this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Just spoken to the ticket office and they're still not sure if the game is going to be moved.

Well i sent loads of emails to plymouth mate and the best they could come back with a few weeks ago was no decision had been made.

Clearly they must be waiting to see if they are still in existence after next week at court.

They called off their game with Brighton due to international call ups earlier in the season. http://www.football.co.uk/plymouth_argyle/brighton_v_plymouth_postponed_rss1164429.shtml

In theory if Doble / Chamberlain and Schneiderlin were all called up we can request for it to be postponed as well.

That was bloody quick after I called about 20 minutes ago!

ha yeah got to laugh.

i would still be cautious booking trains for this with the legal case due in court next week , plus international call ups could get the game postponed anyway

ha yeah got to laugh.

i would still be cautious booking trains for this with the legal case due in court next week , plus international call ups could get the game postponed anyway

I can do it for 25 quid from Paddington, but it means a 6.30 or 7'o clock train from Paddington, meaning I'd have to be out of the house by half 5!

• 4 weeks later...
You can still do it for about £23 from Soton at 6.30 to Exeter then Exeter to Plymouth arriving in Plymouth at 1150, not sure how long is it from the station to the ground though.

best to catch a cab

However if you get connection right at Exeter you just might be able to catch an earlier train from Exeter as there is a train that leaves platform 4 3 mins after train arrives from Salisbury on platfrom 3 adjacent platform, this gets to Plymouth approx an hour earlier

There is a rumour flying around that it may be rearranged due to International Call-Ups, might explain the delay in ticket news.

Have e-mailled the ticket office to ascertain if there is some truth in this.

Edited by CitySaint

In 2 minds whether i would of liked it called off, it will be a very early 1 and lunchtime fixtures usually have ****e atmosphere.

But having it on the Saturday saves me taking more time off work.

In 2 minds whether i would of liked it called off, it will be a very early 1 and lunchtime fixtures usually have ****e atmosphere.

But having it on the Saturday saves me taking more time off work.

Depending on how were doing in the league there could be a third saints fans in the ground with the way their attendances have been lately, doubt it would happen but would be an awesome atmosphere

Got a 16 seat minibus going from Romsey. All seats taken already.

Eddie, I live in Romsey and am going, if a space becomes free before saturday 19th home game when I intend to buy ticket plus travel club seat then please let me know! Thanks, Graham (Fanimal)