Posh Away - 5th Feb

Lighthouse

Late KO for this one. Anyone been before? I think the only time we've been there recently was that League Cup tie we lost under Burley a few years ago. Makin, Bennett et. al.

Anyway, planning on going this time, what's it like?

Edited by Lighthouse

For anyone in two minds about doing this one I thoroughly recommend it,

1) it is one of the last great old away terraces in English football, check out some of the pics in the awayfans guide link below, it holds loads and gives you a chance to experience what it is like to stand on a proper terrace away from home for perhaps the last time, with Peterborough planning to demolish the stand at the end of the season (i say proper as compared to Exeter where we'll be a few days earlier which is just a few uncovered steps)

2) the end holds just under 4000 a chance to take a massive following, should be pay on the day so can make you decision spur of the moment, no ticket tax, would be good to get over 2000 up there

3) It can be done in under an hour from Kings Cross and the train station is only a mile from the ground. Peterborough is just out of the network railcard zone, but you can get a return to Huntingdon with 1/3rd off (network railcard) then a seperate return from Huntingdon to Peterborough.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/peterborough_united/

The only bugger is they've only given us 500 terrace tickets and 700 seats in a separate stand and I'd imagine they're unlikely to give us any more terrace tickets until that lots sold. 1200 aint a bad turnout up there for a game live on Sky but the 500 on the terracing will be rattling around a bit. Hopefully the club will push for extra terrace all the same.

The only bugger is they've only given us 500 terrace tickets and 700 seats in a separate stand and I'd imagine they're unlikely to give us any more terrace tickets until that lots sold. 1200 aint a bad turnout up there for a game live on Sky but the 500 on the terracing will be rattling around a bit. Hopefully the club will push for extra terrace all the same.

I find this very unlikely, the game will not be all ticket and you will be able to roll up on the day and go on the terrace, for most clubs in our league they wont even worry about advanced sales.

with the number of games coming up and that fact this is on sky i cant see that many travelling, but just look at the quality of that terrace above and i can't understand why anyone would not want to be there.

If we manage to get promoted this season and rise to the Championship this could almost be the last time we get to see saints from an old fashioned terrace at an away game and Peterborough's plans to knock down the stand at the end of the season reminds us of that.

5.20 kick off is actually quite good i think, can spend the day travelling up, no ridiculously early starts, can watch soccer saturday with the scores coming in before our match.

For anyone in two minds about doing this one I thoroughly recommend it,

1) it is one of the last great old away terraces in English football, check out some of the pics in the awayfans guide link below, it holds loads and gives you a chance to experience what it is like to stand on a proper terrace away from home for perhaps the last time, with Peterborough planning to demolish the stand at the end of the season (i say proper as compared to Exeter where we'll be a few days earlier which is just a few uncovered steps)

2) the end holds just under 4000 a chance to take a massive following, should be pay on the day so can make you decision spur of the moment, no ticket tax, would be good to get over 2000 up there

3) It can be done in under an hour from Kings Cross and the train station is only a mile from the ground. Peterborough is just out of the network railcard zone, but you can get a return to Huntingdon with 1/3rd off (network railcard) then a seperate return from Huntingdon to Peterborough.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/peterborough_united/

HOw much are you paying and what route are you going by train? I had all but decided to drive as when i looked online it was £65, 3 changes and 3 1/2 hours each way.

I find this very unlikely, the game will not be all ticket and you will be able to roll up on the day and go on the terrace, for most clubs in our league they wont even worry about advanced sales.

with the number of games coming up and that fact this is on sky i cant see that many travelling, but just look at the quality of that terrace above and i can't understand why anyone would not want to be there.

If we manage to get promoted this season and rise to the Championship this could almost be the last time we get to see saints from an old fashioned terrace at an away game and Peterborough's plans to knock down the stand at the end of the season reminds us of that.

5.20 kick off is actually quite good i think, can spend the day travelling up, no ridiculously early starts, can watch soccer saturday with the scores coming in before our match.

Hopefully you're right and as you say a cracking terrace for away supporters, like a flashback to the 'good old days' in the 70s. Will be good to get a few up there.

HOw much are you paying and what route are you going by train? I had all but decided to drive as when i looked online it was £65, 3 changes and 3 1/2 hours each way.

to be fair problem coming up from Central that day as bus replacements to parkway (that might be part of your 3 1/2) . From Southampton will be faster doing M3, M25, A1M as long as those routes are ok you'll be there quickly.

we have booked advanced fares out of kings cross and back on eastcoast trains, if you are thinking about that drop me a text, the trains we are booked on are available £20 return from Kings Cross at the moment.

to be fair problem coming up from Central that day as bus replacements to parkway (that might be part of your 3 1/2) . From Southampton will be faster doing M3, M25, A1M as long as those routes are ok you'll be there quickly.

we have booked advanced fares out of kings cross and back on eastcoast trains, if you are thinking about that drop me a text, the trains we are booked on are available £20 return from Kings Cross at the moment.

yeah it's just over 2 hours to drive, which is fine, i was all up for making an early start, getting into London early and visiting a few old haunts then heading to Peterborough for about 4pm but probably will drive, have to do that another day.

yeah it's just over 2 hours to drive, which is fine, i was all up for making an early start, getting into London early and visiting a few old haunts then heading to Peterborough for about 4pm but probably will drive, have to do that another day.

still got Orient away on a saturday with 4k tickets mate, obviously potential for that one.

We'll be in Peterborough fairly early so you there.

You can do a group save with First Capitial Connect £30 each from Soton Parkway, not sure if East Coast trains do a group save.

The bingo bus leaves at 11.30. I emailed the club saying this must be a mistake seeing as the ko is 5.15. They replied and said no 11.30 is correct. Surely its no longer than 3 hours on a coach?

Probably doing a few laps of the M25 to make sure you don't have anytime for pre match beers in Peterboro :lol:

The bingo bus leaves at 11.30. I emailed the club saying this must be a mistake seeing as the ko is 5.15. They replied and said no 11.30 is correct. Surely its no longer than 3 hours on a coach?

I am driving and according to Multimap it's 2hrs 45 mins by car. I'd imagine it'll be 3.-4hrs by coach, still means bingo bus will be there at 3pm. I hope they all bring lots of blankets and flasks of coffee to keep them warm, 2 hrs is a long time to keep warm. Bloody train was 3 1/2 hours, 3 changes and £65 quid FFS.

I am driving and according to Multimap it's 2hrs 45 mins by car. I'd imagine it'll be 3.-4hrs by coach, still means bingo bus will be there at 3pm. I hope they all bring lots of blankets and flasks of coffee to keep them warm, 2 hrs is a long time to keep warm. Bloody train was 3 1/2 hours, 3 changes and £65 quid FFS.

Bingo Bus only £15.

Never knew this. Haven't appeared to have asked for more terrace tickets so 500 on a terrace will look ****e on TV, and I doubt the atmosphere will be the best if we have so little on the terrace.

Never knew this. Haven't appeared to have asked for more terrace tickets so 500 on a terrace will look ****e on TV, and I doubt the atmosphere will be the best if we have so little on the terrace.

Surley we will have more that 500 on the terrace, easy to get to by train, only short trip on the tube over to Kings x, then 40 mins up to Peterbo, + late KO so loads of drinking time and no rush to get up there, also you can do a group save.

Just because there are more fans doesn't mean the atmosphere will be better. We had 1500 odd fans at Exeter last night, yet the away end was virtually silent for most of the game. Some of the noisier away games have been where we've taken fewer fans (Like Oldham)

Just because there are more fans doesn't mean the atmosphere will be better. We had 1500 odd fans at Exeter last night, yet the away end was virtually silent for most of the game. Some of the noisier away games have been where we've taken fewer fans (Like Oldham)

Thats because of the ground. Exeter no roof, spread out = no atmosphere. Last time we went to Peterborough it was easy to make an atmosphere with that tin roof!

That is true, although with such a big terrace I can see everyone spreading out more.

Good luck to all who are going tomorrow. I only live 25 miles from Peterborough but have just had a knee replacement so there is no way I could stand for 2 hours. Will watch on the telly and hopefully it will be a great performance. Really excited about the shape the team is taking. Does anyone else agree that we might finally have found a manager who will go the distance?

Good luck to all who are going tomorrow. I only live 25 miles from Peterborough but have just had a knee replacement so there is no way I could stand for 2 hours. Will watch on the telly and hopefully it will be a great performance. Really excited about the shape the team is taking. Does anyone else agree that we might finally have found a manager who will go the distance?

You could always buy a ticket in the away seats? That's sure to be sitting!