Colchester Away advice please

Saints43

I am going to the Colchester match on the 5th. I am travelling from overseas and have a few questions.

I am collecting my tickets from the coaches when they arrive from Southampton. About what time would I expect them to get to the ground?

Is there a pub people will be going to before the match?

And, should I wear my Saints shirt or not?

Thanks in advance.

Went last year (around boxing day) came from the ground and at a T junction was meant to go stright on but I turn right.....About a week later got a letter from the council up their with a £60.00 fine lucky no points. Rung them up and complained and said it was a bank bank holiday tried to talk my way out of it,Emailed me the film showing offence. Had me bang to rights. So l paid over the phone and the guy just laughed and said l had a poor day at the football and a sixty pound fine. I be extra careful this year.....

Edited by dickyhale

Looking to go tomorrow, but went last year and parked at the ground, but hear it has sold out this year? This is strange as they were doing much better last season and it was between xmas and new year. Seemed to have loads of street parking off the main road. Also do not set your sat nav to the ground as you reach you destination on the A road inbetween junctions.

So can I get tickets on the day? Where should I park. I think industrial area near the ground. Took an hour to get out of the car park last year and they are such a tin pot club with tin pot fans, and it was really foggy!!

Park at the station, exit, go across and right towards the town centre and takes you into a road with the Norfilk and a couple of other pubs. Shuttle bus to the ground is cheap and efficient but you do have to queue after the game. Last year we got on in 10 mins but it takes 30-40 mins to clear everybody. Colours no problem.

Hopefully a better performance and result than last year!