Best & Worst pubs of 10/11 season?

Any particularly good/bad experiences of pubs on the road last season?

An unusually low amount of away games for me last season, but from my experience the worst I'd have to say would be the Antigallican in Charlton. It was raved about by many on here, we got there and it was rammed, took about 30 minutes or more to get served and the old bill wouldn't let us outside with our drinks which made the whole experience even worse as due to the number of people inside the pub it was unbearably hot, me & my group downed our pints and left otherwise I think we were all going to faint!

Next time we play Charlton I reckon we'll just stay at London Bridge for a bit longer - where there many excellent pubs, we used the Barrowboy & Banker this time, just before the bridge. Bit expensive but a nice place and Peroni on tap.

The Berckbeck Tavern at Leyton Orient was great once again although a bit busier than last season due to the better weather and more people having discovered it. Reasonable prices, decent beer, nice rolls, friendly staff and a lovely garden out the back.

Antigallican was good circa 2003/2004, would always avoid it like the plague these days.

Brentford was quality, obviously the pubs round the ground and others on the High St.

Carlisle rugby club was decent.

Last time I went to the Antigallican was back when we were in the top flight, thought it was a toilet back then to be honest.

Any London game where you have to catch a train from London Bridge means we drink in London Bridge. The Thameside Inn is always a big favourite with us lads.

Special mention to the fantastic boozers at Brentford this season, even the worst one was pretty decent to be fair.

I thought the beer at Charters (the Barge) was excellent 12 different real ales, all the ones I tried were decent.

I was in there most of the afternoon before going inot hospitality, so must of left before it got too crowded.

I thought the beer at Charters (the Barge) was excellent 12 different real ales, all the ones I tried were decent.

I was in there most of the afternoon before going inot hospitality, so must of left before it got too crowded.

I must've had the horrid ones.

Green Man at Wembley was quality, probably the fact we had just won a trophy for the first time in donkeys had a lot to do with it, also the fact it was packed with friends and family and i was three sheets to the wind!

Not really in The 2010/2011 season though was it :?

For me The Guide Dog in Soton - didn't make an away game last season :x - p!ss poor effort not helped by p!ss poor selection of matches whilst I was in UK!! My excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Not really in The 2010/2011 season though was it :?

For me The Guide Dog in Soton - didn't make an away game last season :x - p!ss poor effort not helped by p!ss poor selection of matches whilst I was in UK!! My excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Great place to play "Where's Eric?". Cant wait for the season to start. ;)

I'm hoping to be able to make Burnley away - The Rugby / Cricket Club ? would too obvious, I'll have to find somewhere else - or wear a cunning disguise!!

If you go by train

Start at Ministry of Ale - just outside Burnley / Manchester Rd station

Then try The Bridge Bierhus, which is 10-15 walk from ground an excellent pub although it does get crowded before and after games

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/23/23111/Bridge_Bier_Huis/Burnley

If you go by train

Start at Ministry of Ale - just outside Burnley / Manchester Rd station

Then try The Bridge Bierhus, which is 10-15 walk from ground an excellent pub although it does get crowded before and after games

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/23/23111/Bridge_Bier_Huis/Burnley

Just the name Ministry of Ale has me moist with anticipation - I'll be the one with a semi on as I leave the station!!

There was the pub near Peterborough station - excellent pint of Mild, lovely atmosphere, brews it's own beer and not rammed when we arrived (mid you it was rammed when we went for beer before the trip home), the "trip to Jerusalem" in Nottingham - good beer.

We also went to Charters just before we went tothe ground and it wasn't that rammed. It had a good selectino of beers and ciders - I'd definitely go back there.

Didn't get time to go for a beer in Plymouth :(

There was the pub near Peterborough station - excellent pint of Mild, lovely atmosphere, brews it's own beer and not rammed when we arrived (mid you it was rammed when we went for beer before the trip home), the "trip to Jerusalem" in Nottingham - good beer.

We also went to Charters just before we went tothe ground and it wasn't that rammed. It had a good selectino of beers and ciders - I'd definitely go back there.

Didn't get time to go for a beer in Plymouth :(

If it's just over the dual carraigeway from the Station it's the Brewery Tap, an excellent pub with many of the same beers Oakhams as Charters

• 4 weeks later...