Drivers for a Panasonic NV-DS65 Camcorder

Barney Trubble

Looks like a bloody old model (relatively speaking).

Apparently, you do not need drivers for versions of Windows later than 98SE if you're connecting via firewire although this may not be the case for versions of Windows which came out after the camcorder, ie Vista and 7.

Yes, it's quite an old camcorder. I have recently bought a new laptop and the drivers(CD) that came with it won't load into the new laptop, maybe because it's for windows XP editions.

I have no idea what firewire is....???? I assume a USB to USB connection?

How do I get XP mode in windows 7 Steve? ta all

Thanks Steve, but it won't work with my OS version, as detailed below. I have Windows 7 - Home Premium - 64 bit

You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode. To upgrade visit Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade.

I don't have firewire either, just USB 2.0 ports ;-(

Do you have a desktop PC or a laptop?

If it's a desktop and you're looking to carry on using this camcorder for a while, then it's worth buying a PCI firewire card because your transfer rates will be quicker, and according to this site, you won't need drivers and the video quality will be better. I have to say I'm sceptical of those last two points, especially as they were made in 2006 and refer to the latest Windows at the time which was XP.

Do you have a desktop PC or a laptop?

If it's a desktop and you're looking to carry on using this camcorder for a while, then it's worth buying a PCI firewire card because your transfer rates will be quicker, and according to this site, you won't need drivers and the video quality will be better. I have to say I'm sceptical of those last two points, especially as they were made in 2006 and refer to the latest Windows at the time which was XP.

Hi Al, I only have a laptop and it only has USB ports, not firewire, well that i'm aware of.