The most disturbing violent/blood thirsty film you've ever seen.

thesaint sfc

Every film I see these days is a massive let down with all the 'film's make people kill people' brigade. I watch films like Scarface and think, wow they really don't make films like this any more. Blade is a prime example. The first and second Blade was brilliant - Blade three was absolute pish. If I were looking for mindless blood and guts I'd watch Saw, but I don't like the whole idea of torture, particularly on such a poor story line. I find it really difficult to even think of a film which has sent shivers down my spine and encouraged me to look away. Saw is flawed mostly as you don't get to know the characters, therefore you don't really care that they're gonna have the enevitable happen to them.

I'll never forget seeing Basic Instinct when I was about 9 and having nightmares for weeks afterwards when that guy got stabbed in the lift. Brilliant :)

So, whats the most twisted, blood thirsty, gruesome film you've ever seen?

Not really too extreme, but when I saw 28 Days Later and left the cinema to an essentially empty carpark I really did for a minute go, 'Oh bugger.........'

That film did freak me a bit. The scene where Naomi Harris' character takes out the bloke who was once in dream team with a machete still shocks me now.

Probably the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan - both moving and shocking. Very realistic and made shocking because it was actually what happened, not fantasy violence.

Same here.

But I also find it more disturbing that people should want to explore what makes them wince. We never get a thread on here about which films make people feel really good about themselves or uplifted, or positive. Of course, because we'd get about 3 replies, and what is disturbing in itself, is that violence is more attractive to people than beauty.

Same here.

But I also find it more disturbing that people should want to explore what makes them wince. We never get a thread on here about which films make people feel really good about themselves or uplifted, or positive. Of course, because we'd get about 3 replies, and what is disturbing in itself, is that violence is more attractive to people than beauty.

Not at all.

As I said - I'm not into Saw/Hosel - but Scarface absolutely :D

Saving Private Ryan, actually, was pretty shocking at the time. I think it was because no-one really expected such a gritty realistic take on any of the violence. Limbs blowing off and men having their guts out may be nothing new, but them being alive all the while, so realistically, screaming, yelling in genuine seeming agony, the fear and panic in the dying. That's what got me. The bit where the medic gets killed in the raid on the radar station and they all just watch and wait for him dying - that bit in particular is, if any, the one that sticks with me.

Most disturbing is maybe Funny Games or Eraser Head but they deal in psychological horror and feature very little blood or on-screen violence.

As someone who was raised in the era of video nastiest, I watched Cannibal Holocaust recently, renowned as one of the most disturbing and down-right nastiest films ever, hoping that there was a part of me that could still be shocked. It’s a prototype for Blair Witch/Cloverfield/Rec where a documentary film crew go in search of cannibal tribes deep in a South American jungle, and keep filming regardless. The 'people being ripped apart and eaten' scenes at the end are brilliantly done and throw up plenty of images (pun intended) that have stayed with me since. Its all incredibly realistic, so much so that the director, who insisted that his actors didn't appear in anything for a year after CH, was at one point arrested for their murder.

But this is a film that deserves its reputation. It contains unwatchably sickening scenes of real animals being tortured, dismembered and killed. And it’s a film which thinks that rape and sexual assault is the hottest and sexiest thing going.

The best bit is the very end when, after seemingly endless hours of deprivation and brutality, the narrator basically says, 'are you still watching this? you sick f*ck!'

A film I saw called 'One False Move' shocked me as this guy put pillowcases on the heads of this family and then went up to each one and stabbed them. Obviously the victims did not know what was coming which was nasty as they were crying etc.

Scum was another shocking one when the kid slits his wrists!

But this is a film that deserves its reputation. It contains unwatchably sickening scenes of real animals being tortured, dismembered and killed. And it’s a film which thinks that rape and sexual assault is the hottest and sexiest thing going.

The bloke should've been arrested for this in my opinion, totally ****ing wrong.

Too many to choose from, as DSM says Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the 70's.

Plus:

Cannibal Holocaust (the original)

Cannibal Holocaust 2

Zombie Flesh Eaters (best eye gouge scene ever).

City of the Living Dead, actually most things by Lucio Fulci are quite gory.

2000 Maniacs

2001 Maniacs (remake of the original)

Spit on your Grave

Last House on the Left

Switchblade Romance

Devils Rejects

August Underground

August Underground - Penance

August Underground - Mordum

and many more

Edited by Master Bates

Not films but Faces of Death 1-4 are cool too.

I'm not sure about that but the rest of your list is spot on. Going for the exploitation cinema of the 70s/early 80s is always goning to flush out the truely nastiest of the nasties.

Any of david cronenberg's early films are going provide classic 'chunk-blowing' moments, I remember The Brood being particularly gruesome. Careful with that paper-weight, now.

Has anyone mentioned Irreversible, yet? That boasts a disturbing scene or two.

i was going to say irreversible. youll never look at a man getting his face smashed in with a fire extinguisher in the same way again.

switchblade romance, zombie flesh eaters and city of the living dead are all good 'uns, and some of the asian films mentioned (save the green planet etc) are worth checking out aswell.

and Suspiria, mayhaps tis the greatest images myne eyes ever seen.

The Dentist,which is on tonight at 10pm,Five US.

Apparently is pretty gross.

Only just seen this post, what's it like?

Just googled it and sounds good, may have to buy it and The Dentist 2 although the second one seems the same as the first with him catching his lover cheating http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161492/plotsummary

So saint lardy, what are your humble opinions of 'The Dentist', worth me buying it?

Only just seen this post, what's it like?

Just googled it and sounds good, may have to buy it and The Dentist 2 although the second one seems the same as the first with him catching his lover cheating http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161492/plotsummary

So saint lardy, what are your humble opinions of 'The Dentist', worth me buying it?

Not brilliant to be honest but it is about opinions.

They play on the fact that visiting the dentist is not the most pleasnt experience to begin with,so some of the teeth pulling scenes do make you cringe.

It is what it is, pretty low budget with some grisley bits,as i say if removing tongues and mutilating peoples mouths is your'e bag you could do worse than see this.