James Bond Boxset £9.99

swannymere

But surely that will make it a collector's item in the years to come. Think I may buy it and never open it up. As surely they'd produce a new set with matching DVD covers?!

If you don't open it you'll never be sure it's the different cover edition...

It's all a bit Schrodinger's cat tbh.

Just got this e-mail, robbing bastards :mad: Does anyone know where i stand legally?

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for James Bond Complete Collection Box Set was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with your order at the advertised price and have cancelled your order. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of �99.99 please place a new order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

PLAY.COM

Just got this e-mail, robbing bastards :mad: Does anyone know where i stand legally?

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for James Bond Complete Collection Box Set was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with your order at the advertised price and have cancelled your order. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of �99.99 please place a new order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

PLAY.COM

Surely if you have already made payment and it has gone through their system then they are obliged to honour it?

Just a guess.

No obligation to honour the incorrect price chaps. There was a precedent set a few years ago when Argos (I believe) made a similar faux pas.

Interestingly though, if this were in the High Street many stores might honour the 'incorrect' price.

Interestingly though, if this were in the High Street many stores might honour the 'incorrect' price.

They might, as a goodwill gesture, to a single opportunistic customer. They can also be fined £2000 per item for incorrectly marked goods. However, the very fact that news of this sort of mistake spreads like wildfire on the 'net and can cost a company hundreds of thousands, all over a typo or mis-inputted figure, is why the rules are different.