Reading Away

Um Bongo

if we fill the whole end we could have 4,300 there , which would be a top turn out and look quality live on Sky

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/reading/

less than an hour on the train, and can get the "group save 4" deal where 4 adults can travel for the price of 2. plenty of trains available, either direct on the cross country service or change at Basingstoke.

if we fill the whole end we could have 4,300 there , which would be a top turn out and look quality live on Sky

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/reading/

less than an hour on the train, and can get the "group save 4" deal where 4 adults can travel for the price of 2. plenty of trains available, either direct on the cross country service or change at Basingstoke.

Group save 4 tickets are not valid on cross country trains, but you can still get to Reading in a little over an hour changing at Basingstoke.

Also worth noting kids can travel for £1 if on group 4 if you have 4 adults in group

We should sell this week, regardless of it being on Sky.

agree. 5.20ko not a bad kick off time considering how easy it is to get there from southampton, plus even easier for those fans living in the catchment area of winchester / andover / basingstoke, chance to make a day of it and have a good drink up in Reading. Easy to drive to for those fans who want to do that or get the coach. £25 not too bad, all things considered we should take loads, tickets will be on general sale for ages so good one to get group of mates together for as can sit together. A win at cardiff will help us shift tickets.

agree. 5.20ko not a bad kick off time considering how easy it is to get there from southampton, plus even easier for those fans living in the catchment area of winchester / andover / basingstoke, chance to make a day of it and have a good drink up in Reading. Easy to drive to for those fans who want to do that or get the coach. £25 not too bad, all things considered we should take loads, tickets will be on general sale for ages so good one to get group of mates together for as can sit together. A win at cardiff will help us shift tickets.

Exactly, i live in Andover and the train is dead cheap for me with a railcard.

As with every away game (bar the Skates), anyone who wants a ticket, will get a ticket.

i would go even further than that and say put the word out to your mates who aren't season ticket holders to get along, there will be plenty of tickets even when they go on general sale, when was the last time we took 4,300 away? especially with it being on TV.

Good day out on the beer / localish game / decent price tickets / could still be top if pick up a couple of wins should mean we take 4000

i would go even further than that and say put the word out to your mates who aren't season ticket holders to get along, there will be plenty of tickets even when they go on general sale, when was the last time we took 4,300 away? especially with it being on TV.

Good day out on the beer / localish game / decent price tickets / could still be top if pick up a couple of wins should mean we take 4000

We took 3000 up for a friday night friendly a few years ago... and we also have a fair few supporters in the Basingstoke area, id be suprised if we didnt take 3500 up there.

Would look decent on the tele if we took the whole end... Plus 5:20 kick off means a lot of p*ssed up louts no doubt being loud and rowdy.

We took 3000 up for a friday night friendly a few years ago... and we also have a fair few supporters in the Basingstoke area, id be suprised if we didnt take 3500 up there.

Would look decent on the tele if we took the whole end... Plus 5:20 kick off means a lot of p*ssed up louts no doubt being loud and rowdy.

yeah i reckon more than 3500 will go to this one, other than the skates this is the nearest game, and with all the palava of getting to fratton this is actually our easiest away game i reckon, quick cheap trains, easy one to drive / coach to, plenty of town centre pubs. got a couple of people at work who follow Reading and they consider us as a local rival which is ridiculous but guess they don't get to play Swindon or Oxford much anymore.

I hope our confidence about securing a ticket isn't misplaced. Although I got a ticket on the most recent occasion we played there I recall having not been able to get one on a previous occasion, could have been our first season down, even with a membership.

we played them one year when they were pushing for promotion and were giving the other half of the stand to home fans who had already started buying season tickets in that section for the following years "premiership" that year we only got 2100 tickets.

with up to 4300 this time you will be more than fine, just put the word out and let's show them what proper support looks like. I'm fed up with clubs like Reading thinking they are on an even par as us as a club, especially when it comes to support, their away numbers generally are poor, they even offered free travel club coaches to the FA Cup 1/4 final away at Man City last year.

Reading have started giving free tickets away to soccer schools in places like Andover, encroaching on our territory, any kids at the game who see the size and passion of our support and the level of noise will be in no doubt who the bigger club are.

we played them one year when they were pushing for promotion and were giving the other half of the stand to home fans who had already started buying season tickets in that section for the following years "premiership" that year we only got 2100 tickets.

with up to 4300 this time you will be more than fine, just put the word out and let's show them what proper support looks like. I'm fed up with clubs like Reading thinking they are on an even par as us as a club, especially when it comes to support, their away numbers generally are poor, they even offered free travel club coaches to the FA Cup 1/4 final away at Man City last year.

Reading have started giving free tickets away to soccer schools in places like Andover, encroaching on our territory, any kids at the game who see the size and passion of our support and the level of noise will be in no doubt who the bigger club are.

Ah, that would be why then. I can safely put the word out. Cheers.

I've had a torrid time today trying to persuade Reading FC to let me purchase some additional disabled supporter's tickets.

That initial batch of 3,000 included just 14 wheelchair user spaces. ADDITIONALLY, the allocation included only 6 ambulant disabled seats. That is just 20 spaces out of the 3,000 for our disabled contingent. I'm not gonna work out the % but it is a paltry allocation, they should be ashamed of themselves, I mean that btw, it is shameful.

In the group that I work with we have 8-9 season ticket holders plus 8-10+ 'match by match' members. Due to limitations on the bus we use I had anticipated a bit of a bunfight over who I take but as it stands I have a bus with capacity for 4 wheelchairs and 6/8 seats with just 2 people going on it, we managed to get the last w/c space and another chap is gonna take his chances as to how many steps he has to climb to get to his seats (they couldn't give seat details when we booked them!

At this rate the trip is gonna run at quite a loss to the group, which is a shame as they've worked damned hard to get to the stage where they are starting to take the reins and have built up a bit of money to make them a sustainable nfp organisation. I'd factored for 6 or 7 paying passengers and enablers travelling foc (that's the group's policy).

ANYWAY, Reading told me that there are an additional 9 (WOW) w/c spaces in the final allocation if saints sell the initial 3,000.

Another point here too is that according to the http://www.footballgroundguide.com/reading/#Whats The Ground Like? they have some of the best disabled facilities in the land. Facilities maybe, capacity definitely not.

Last season we went to a few away matches and on occasion the host club integrate the wheelchair supporters with their own fans, it works very well in my experience; Griffin Park last season was a brilliant craic in with their lot. Reading's response to that suggestion was a point blank 'no', as it's a "big" game, they are giving priority to their fans (should they crawl out of the woodwork). That's not really a moan, after all they only have 74 spaces to fight over.

Rant almost over. My final moan is that for once I am gonna have to pay for my own ****ing ticket, and Matt thinks he has it tough!!!

We took almost 4k there when BWP scored 2 and we beat them 2-1. We were ****e then and they were pretty invincible at home at the time.

Should be able to at least match that now even with it being on Sky.

3000 wasn't it?? Could be wrong

I've had a torrid time today trying to persuade Reading FC to let me purchase some additional disabled supporter's tickets.

That initial batch of 3,000 included just 14 wheelchair user spaces. ADDITIONALLY, the allocation included only 6 ambulant disabled seats. That is just 20 spaces out of the 3,000 for our disabled contingent. I'm not gonna work out the % but it is a paltry allocation, they should be ashamed of themselves, I mean that btw, it is shameful...ANYWAY, Reading told me that there are an additional 9 (WOW) w/c spaces in the final allocation if saints sell the initial 3,000...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2472305,00.html

Looks like they may have responded to your request.

Got tickets for this today and just about all the first allocation of 3,000 has been taken up by ST holders. They go on General Sale on Monday so the next allocation, I think another 800, looks like it will be quickly snapped up.

If you're still thinking about it it's maybe a good idea to get on and make a decision. I don't know how many Reading will let us have in total but with 2 weeks still to go I reckon we can shift a fair few more yet.

if your using a groupsaver4,(£8.30 each from southampton),you can only use southwest trains.these only run every 2 hours 10.51 to arrive at 12,12.51 to arrive at 2and 14.51 to arrive at 4,you have to change at basingstoke,so would expect the 10.51 and the 12.51 to be extreemly busy

if your using a groupsaver4,(£8.30 each from southampton),you can only use southwest trains.these only run every 2 hours 10.51 to arrive at 12,12.51 to arrive at 2and 14.51 to arrive at 4,you have to change at basingstoke,so would expect the 10.51 and the 12.51 to be extreemly busy

you can also use Group 4 tickets on the local trains from Basingstoke to Reading which run every half hour at 07 or 37, the only trains you cannot Group 4 for on the Reading are Cross Country Trains.

There are three trains an most hours to Basingstoke leaving at 00, 30 (change at Winchester) and 51

We'll be getting the 11.51 from Southampton Central, which via a change at Basingstoke gets into Reading at 13.00.

According to the football ground guide website, 'The Three Guineas' is a designated away fan pub. Right outside the station. http://www.three-guineas.co.uk/. Looks a decent boozer from the website, 8 different real ales for the ale drinkers, traditional pub decor inside and an outside seating area too. Looks like there is a taxi rank right next to the pub too, so easy to have a few pints and then grab a cab to the ground.

We'll be getting the 11.51 from Southampton Central, which via a change at Basingstoke gets into Reading at 13.00.

According to the football ground guide website, 'The Three Guineas' is a designated away fan pub. Right outside the station. http://www.three-guineas.co.uk/. Looks a decent boozer from the website, 8 different real ales for the ale drinkers, traditional pub decor inside and an outside seating area too. Looks like there is a taxi rank right next to the pub too, so easy to have a few pints and then grab a cab to the ground.

I take it you've never been there before?

will be taking the kids by car and i know its a nighmare for parking, any ideas from previous travellers where its best to park ??

Parking at Reading is as follows:

Map: http://www.readingfc.co.uk/staticFiles/2f/8c/0,,10306~166959,00.pdf

Instructions from their web site:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/TravelParking/0,,10306~592842,00.html

Foster Wheeler, Shinfield Park, 500 spaces

Free to park

This involves a short bus ride to and from the stadium. Fares on return bus shuttle are £4 adult return and £2.50 child return. Free parking.

Directions: from J11, M4, take exit B3270 (signposted Earley) and follow yellow signs to "Match Reading FC Park & Ride ". This is the best option for away supporters.

Greyhound / Speedway Stadium site, 500 spaces

£8 per car Five minutes walk to the Stadium. Access off the A33 at the Bennet Road roundabout.

Worton Grange, formerly HP Invent, 1000 spaces

£8 per car

Seven minutes walk to the Stadium.

Directions: From M4, go toward Reading and turn right at the first roundabout on the A33.

There is no right turn into the car park - you must turn left after approaching from Basingstoke Road.

Football special Buses are available from the station to and form the ground, so if you are in Three Guieas no need for cabs

NB Last time we played up a Reading when we took 3600 fans, they didn't have anywhere near enough buses on to get all of our supporters back to the station after the game, hopefully they will be better prepared this time

It's a dump, full of clowns chucking beer over each other and it's normally about 10 deep at the bar. Enjoy.