Donny Away

Appy

I was getting advance rail tickets from Edinburgh, Adult and 15 year old for £38 return. However I then discovered that the Keepmoat does not have under soil heating and the corresponding fixture last season was called off for a frozen pitch. Just going to keep an eye on the weather and if it's ok drive down.

You are basing your decision on LAST YEARS weather forecast? madness, we had train tickets for Hartlrpool that weekend last year and luckily the snow cancelled the trains and we got a full refund, but i wouldn't not book for Donny because of that, you have as much chance of a game being off at any time in November, December, Jan or Feb.

I was getting advance rail tickets from Edinburgh, Adult and 15 year old for £38 return. However I then discovered that the Keepmoat does not have under soil heating and the corresponding fixture last season was called off for a frozen pitch. Just going to keep an eye on the weather and if it's ok drive down.

At £38 return for the two of you, it's hardly the end of the world if it was to get called off.

He is coming from Scotland, we know what they're like with their money...

:lol:m £38 isn't a lot,in fact it's one of our cheaper trips but it all adds up when you're travelling from Scotland most weeks. (can be over £100 for a home game) It will be about £45 return for the diesel so not much difference in the cost and I'm not willing to take the gamble cause this freeze IS forecast again this year. It will probably be our last game over the winter until sunny mid February for West Ham away.

COYS

You are basing your decision on LAST YEARS weather forecast? madness, we had train tickets for Hartlrpool that weekend last year and luckily the snow cancelled the trains and we got a full refund, but i wouldn't not book for Donny because of that, you have as much chance of a game being off at any time in November, December, Jan or Feb.

Not doing any forward planning this year from Mid November to Mid February, lessons learned from previous years. I'll make my decision on the day, there's not many grounds that will turn away fans on match day.

I'm planning a trip over from sweden for this one. Its a place on my 'must visit' list, together with New York and Cape Town..

Anyone else planning to stay in Doncaster that weekend? That or travel back to manchester where i'm flying from.

That was the weirdest google search i've ever entered "holiday in Doncaster"

I'm planning a trip over from sweden for this one. Its a place on my 'must visit' list, together with New York and Cape Town..

Anyone else planning to stay in Doncaster that weekend? That or travel back to manchester where i'm flying from.

That was the weirdest google search i've ever entered "holiday in Doncaster"

I reckon Donny would be a cracking night on the p**s to be fair.

Much like Barnsley and Burnley, I fully expect it to be a total northern dump, but a good laugh for a night out all the same.

Only going by what I saw on my last visit, it didn't actually come across as a dump at all. Even the locals were friendly... shock horror!

Only going by what I saw on my last visit, it didn't actually come across as a dump at all. Even the locals were friendly... shock horror!
Stopped there a few times over the years for a drink and went there when we last played them and it's always seemed a decent town, plenty of places for a good drink.

• 2 weeks later...
I reckon Donny would be a cracking night on the p**s to be fair.

I can confirm that Donny is indeed a cracking night out. Went on the **** there recently with work colleagues who live nearby.

Locally it's known as Donny Vegas. Folks come from all the smaller towns around Donny for a proper night out, dressed up too. You don't stay in one boozer, it's best to join in the pub crawl up the high street.

Also it was refreshing as a middle aged man not to feel like I was at a youth club, theres a wide range of ages out. Just bear in mind if you pull that Donny has the highest incidence of the clap in the uk.

Defo better night out than Sheffield though.

I can confirm that Donny is indeed a cracking night out. Went on the **** there recently with work colleagues who live nearby.

Locally it's known as Donny Vegas. Folks come from all the smaller towns around Donny for a proper night out, dressed up too. You don't stay in one boozer, it's best to join in the pub crawl up the high street.

Also it was refreshing as a middle aged man not to feel like I was at a youth club, theres a wide range of ages out. Just bear in mind if you pull that Donny has the highest incidence of the clap in the uk.

Defo better night out than Sheffield though.

Sorry to hear about your STD mate ;-) Hope to see you at Donny.

Collection only :spaz:

Big deal if Donny won't print duplicates, send them by recorded delivery, only costs about 70p more, FFS :facepalm:

Which is exactly what they did for Barnsley earlier in the season. Sounds like they are being a bit awkward for no particular reason.

How are they gonna solve ticket pick-up for us outside the frigging country then?

order the ticket and tell them you want to collect it from Doncaster on the day of the game, or just pay on the day, it is a pain, but you can still do the game so worth doing that

Any tickets ordered and not collected by the Friday before will be sent up on the travel coaches and available for pickup at the Keepmoat.

OK. Will book my ticket tomorrow. Can't chance it and buy on the day , after flying over for the game.

Anyone else staying in Donny for the weekend?

Football ground guide says there is a shuttle service that leaves from the interchange and is fairly regular. I walked it last time -it`s a fair walk!
Cheers. Trying to remember what we did last time. Think we went for a pint after the game in that Harvester type pub by the ground and called up cabs. Guess the bus must have just looked rubbish or had too big a queue to bother with.

Cheers. Trying to remember what we did last time. Think we went for a pint after the game in that Harvester type pub by the ground and called up cabs. Guess the bus must have just looked rubbish or had too big a queue to bother with.

What time you arriving mate? I'm heading down from Harrogate, probably get the train about 11 so get to Donny for about 12.30. You about for a beer?