Brighton

After Brizzle, Donny & the Skates our next away game will be Brighton on the 2nd January 2012. A while of yet I know, but with no group save on rail fares in mind for Bristol City, I'm wondering whether this is a new thing that will be implemented for other days when there is football. A group save 4 for 2 to Falmer currently works out £7.50 return each, £15 with no group save. Not quite as big a difference as it makes for Bristol but I'd rather keep the extra £7.50 for beer money if possible!

Looking forward to finally having a bigger allocation for this one (2,575 according to the footballgroundguide.com site), and a 1st visit to their new ground. Sounds easier enough to get too even if it is 4 miles from the centre of Brighton itself, Falmer station is right by the stadium.

Should be a cracker!

After Brizzle, Donny & the Skates our next away game will be Brighton on the 2nd January 2012. A while of yet I know, but with no group save on rail fares in mind for Bristol City, I'm wondering whether this is a new thing that will be implemented for other days when there is football. A group save 4 for 2 to Falmer currently works out £7.50 return each, £15 with no group save. Not quite as big a difference as it makes for Bristol but I'd rather keep the extra £7.50 for beer money if possible!

Looking forward to finally having a bigger allocation for this one (2,575 according to the footballgroundguide.com site), and a 1st visit to their new ground. Sounds easier enough to get too even if it is 4 miles from the centre of Brighton itself, Falmer station is right by the stadium.

Should be a cracker!

Looking forward to doing the new ground, but not the best time for it, bank holiday monday after new year not ideal for a day out on the beer, we had Dagenham last year on that day and our support was fairly subdued.

wonder if they will do a ballot for this one, 2,575 will sell out easily.

I am planning on seeing this game while at home for xmas. Was hoping to take the kiddies along as well.

Really hope i can get tickets for the game. Had to watch with the home fans last season at the f.....g Withdean. That was fun but real agony.

What are the chances for a non-season ticket holder this time round?

I am planning on seeing this game while at home for xmas. Was hoping to take the kiddies along as well.

Really hope i can get tickets for the game. Had to watch with the home fans last season at the f.....g Withdean. That was fun but real agony.

Slim.

Though the timing of the game, right after Christmas and NYE may put a few people off on the financial front, so you may get lucky.

Nil. New ground for everyone.

Interesting that according to this the match is already sold out (for home fans) so they are clearly well up for this one selling out well over a month in advance, fair play to them for that.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/ComingUp/0,,10433~2503431,00.html

we also learn from this that tickets will be £24 for away fans, not too bad, our allocation of 2500 will probably sell out to season ticket holders i reckon, should imagine it will be a ballot once they have finished with the skates arrangements (although hope they don't leave it too late with the Christmas post)

• 2 weeks later...
I expect the ticket office will wait until half an hour before kick-off to announce there will be a ballot for this one.

spoke to the ticket office yesterday

They are still working on Pompey game, they have to send out getting on for 2,000 emails for a start as well as dealing with numerous phone calls.

Brighton tickets going on sale to season ticket holders next week, definately no ballot

They are still working on Pompey game, they have to send out getting on for 2,000 emails for a start as well as dealing with numerous phone calls.

Brighton tickets going on sale to season ticket holders next week, definately no ballot

They'll be shifted within two days. 2,000 tickets, new ground and most people will be off work.

Their own fault for being so ****ing stupid as to wait until the deadline had passed before checking applications for eligibility. It beggars belief how ballot applications that were handed in up to seven weeks ago STILL haven't been processed.

I was told that there was definitely going to be a ballot, but due to time constraints can see why they wouldnt do one now.

Their own fault for being so ****ing stupid as to wait until the deadline had passed before checking applications for eligibility. It beggars belief how ballot applications that were handed in up to seven weeks ago STILL haven't been processed.
And can't believe they have to send out 2000 e-mails. Must be an average of 3 or 4 fans per application, maybe 700 e-mails (stll quite a lot). Our ticket office are rubbish these days.

The Brighton tickets will be messed up. They will be over subscribed, and have left themselves very little time to work out who will get priority over who (Number of Away games)

Shambles.

Can see no-way they can now fit in any kind of ballot or priority system. Get ready for a scramble some time next week!

does anyone know if you can go down to the ticket office with a list of season ticket numbers but not the actualy season tickets in hand to purchase?

I guess it's the same principle as doing it over the phone. I imagine you'll need the first line of their address and postcode though.

It states in article allocation is over 2,000.

Most clubs have been allocted 2,500

the teams who have sold out there - Liverpool 2,403 , west ham 2,401 so think we can assume that is the capacity of that stand and we'll have 2400

the teams who have sold out there - Liverpool 2,403 , west ham 2,401 so think we can assume that is the capacity of that stand and we'll have 2400
Didn't realise it was that many. Circa 2,400 is a fair old amount, I reckon these might just make it to general sale, will see.

The scramble has begun - I finally got through and then the entire system crashed!

Thankfully all sorted out quickly after a reboot!

The helpful lady I was dealing with suspects it could sell out to STH judging by the amount of calls answered/waiting in the first 30 mins - and that doesn't take into account any peeps waiting down at the Stadium.

i know it is always worth taking with a pinch of salt, but when getting tickets at 12.15 today they estimated that we have already sold 1600 in the first 3 hours today, anyone thinkin of going should probably buy sooner rather than later