Watford Ticket Details

Rubbish allocation. Was it West Ham that got 3k there? Bet there'll be plenty of empty seats in the home end.

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2397382,00.html

They made a special case of West Ham on Police advice. The away end is split in half between visitors and their family section. West Ham was the only time they've moved the home fans and given the entire end to the visitors, although a reduced capacity (WHU had around 3,500). Maybe our Yoof should have played up a bit more ;)

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2397382,00.html

They made a special case of West Ham on Police advice. The away end is split in half between visitors and their family section. West Ham was the only time they've moved the home fans and given the entire end to the visitors, although a reduced capacity (WHU had around 3,500). Maybe our Yoof should have played up a bit more ;)

they have done the same for spurs in the cup moving fans when they didn't have to which has upset some of their fans, watford season ticket holder at work said they would never move home fans for a "nice club like saints" as unlike west ham they wouldn't expect loads to make the effort to go in the home end, i can't see that many saints bothering in the home bit.

the home support might be boosted by a few cardiff city, they'll all be coming up for the carling cup final taking place the next day quite a few stay / drink in watford for cup finals.

they have done the same for spurs in the cup moving fans when they didn't have to which has upset some of their fans, watford season ticket holder at work said they would never move home fans for a "nice club like saints" as unlike west ham they wouldn't expect loads to make the effort to go in the home end, i can't see that many saints bothering in the home bit.

the home support might be boosted by a few cardiff city, they'll all be coming up for the carling cup final taking place the next day quite a few stay / drink in watford for cup finals.

Or a load of Scousers, you're right, always a fair few stopping in Watford night before a Wembley final.

New details now announced, same crap small allocation with 300 odd taken out of it for a "family area" so only 1700 proper tickets , go on sale predicatable wednesday 8th now the day after a home game.

In all fairness, for games like this when they know it's going to sell out fast it makes sense to do it after a home game. They won't want ticket sales for this getting in the way of home ticket sales that week.

Crap allocation.

I imagine everyone would've recovered from the Millwall flu by then and tickets will be like gold dust.

Tbf I would say 1500 at Millwall was pretty good for a cup tie few were that bothered whether we went through or not. I would expext a lot more will be up there for the league fixture in a few weeks (skates only took 600 there in the league recently).

It also looks like we're about to sell out the 3,000 for West Ham so doesn't look like there's 'West Ham flu'.

In all fairness, for games like this when they know it's going to sell out fast it makes sense to do it after a home game. They won't want ticket sales for this getting in the way of home ticket sales that week.
They do it like that for every single away game. Our ticket office is an absolute farce. S**t allocation, but as its only Watford just go in the home end if you don't get a ticket.

Tbf I would say 1500 at Millwall was pretty good for a cup tie few were that bothered whether we went through or not. I would expext a lot more will be up there for the league fixture in a few weeks (skates only took 600 there in the league recently).

It also looks like we're about to sell out the 3,000 for West Ham so doesn't look like there's 'West Ham flu'.

We took more to Coventry than we did Millwall, despite Millwall being closer, easier to get to and cheaper. As I said, Millwall Flu...

We took more to Coventry than we did Millwall, despite Millwall being closer, easier to get to and cheaper. As I said, Millwall Flu...

I'd suggest a few more were a bit wiser after Cov and realised there was always going to be a weakened side put out at Millwall and gave it a swerve for those reasons. Most know Millwall is a walk in the park these days if you want it to be, safer than most of the more gnarly grounds so I wouldn't say fear was necessarily a factor in the numbers that travelled. I'd say West Ham away for a night game is going to be a far more intimidating experience and it looks like we'll sell 3,000 with little trouble, not many remaining before it gets near General Sale.

If we only take 1500 for the league game I'll agree with you.

I'd suggest a few more were a bit wiser after Cov and realised there was always going to be a weakened side put out at Millwall and gave it a swerve for those reasons. Most know Millwall is a walk in the park these days if you want it to be, safer than most of the more gnarly grounds so I wouldn't say fear was necessarily a factor in the numbers that travelled. I'd say West Ham away for a night game is going to be a far more intimidating experience and it looks like we'll sell 3,000 with little trouble, not many remaining before it gets near General Sale.

If we only take 1500 for the league game I'll agree with you.

Rubbish.

We took 2,500 mid-week to Palace for the League Cup game and everyone knew full well that would be a reserve team. If we'd had Orient instead, we would've taken 3-4000. As I said, Millwall flu...

Rubbish.

We took 2,500 mid-week to Palace for the League Cup game and everyone knew full well that would be a reserve team. If we'd had Orient instead, we would've taken 3-4000. As I said, Millwall flu...

Yes, have to agree with you. Also we have been playing "reserve" teams in the FA Cup for a few seasons now. Its the same as we will take 3,000 to Palace / West Ham / Watford (If the allocation alowed) for league games but we have NEVER taken the bottom tier at Millwall (3000).

Rubbish.

Yes, have to agree with you. Also we have been playing "reserve" teams in the FA Cup for a few seasons now. Its the same as we will take 3,000 to Palace / West Ham / Watford (If the allocation alowed) for league games but we have NEVER taken the bottom tier at Millwall (3000).

You're not going to get an argument with me over a big chunk of our support, I've been going for over 40 years and we've always had more than our fair share of lightweights but I don't get how you could get "Millwall flu" but not "West Ham flu".

Surely the same ones that dipped out of the Den would do the same for Upton Park, that has got to be at least as dangerous a place to go, particularly in the dark. There's no tunnels from the tube to the ground there and they'll be a far greater percentage of nawty boys in a 34k crowd than 9k. The tubes after will not be for the faint hearted that's for sure.

You're not going to get an argument with me over a big chunk of our support, I've been going for over 40 years and we've always had more than our fair share of lightweights but I don't get how you could get "Millwall flu" but not "West Ham flu".

Surely the same ones that dipped out of the Den would do the same for Upton Park, that has got to be at least as dangerous a place to go, particularly in the dark. There's no tunnels from the tube to the ground there and they'll be a far greater percentage of nawty boys in a 34k crowd than 9k. The tubes after will not be for the faint hearted that's for sure.

Never been to WHU. First time on the 14th! however I had my first time to the Den in the FA Cup last week. I was wary of the "scare" factor. But to be honest it was fine. Being locked in at the end helped. Once you got to London bridge youwere totally safe. Just had to be careful on the train on the way there! West Ham however, there will be no seperate trains. Maybe the reputation Millwall Have (or had) makes it a much safer place these days.

Rubbish allocation but it will be Watford who will be missing out financially, we could easily take 3/3.5k up there and there will probably be that in empty seats in the home ends. Looking forward to this one, Watford is always a good day even if we rarely ever get a result up there.

There's been times when we could've given more than the 3,000 to other teams and we haven't sold out the home ends. Just the way it is. Maybe the manager requested they only give away teams the minimum allocation as it may spur on the away side to see 3,500 odd behind that goal.

There's been times when we could've given more than the 3,000 to other teams and we haven't sold out the home ends. Just the way it is. Maybe the manager requested they only give away teams the minimum allocation as it may spur on the away side to see 3,500 odd behind that goal.

Are the Saints Fans meeting up at a Pub / Pubs for the Watford Game ??

Yes, all 2,000 of us are meeting up in that Wetherspoons in Watford town centre.
At 9am when it opens. Can't wait.

Got tickets for this over the phone this morning after completely failing on the website, it not allowing me to add new customer numbers. I shouldn't be surprised.

;) If that were true it would be awesome !! Lots would be spilling out on the pavement ... and it would be a tight squeeze !

Found some info :

Where To Drink?

Christopher Harrison a visiting Middlesbrough fan recommends the ODD FELLOWS (previously called 'Macs Bar') in Fearnley Street. 'It is only a couple of hundred yards from the

ground and they even had a barbeque in the beer garden'. The bar is situated off Cassio Road and is clearly visible when taking the route to Vicarage Road from the town centre via Market Street. The pub is only a few minutes walk away from the away turnstiles. It has a large beer garden, with a covered area for smokers and offers from its barbecue, Burgers (£3) and Hot Dogs (£2.50). Even though it was very busy on my last visit, I was impressed with the service from behind the bar, getting served in reasonable time (even though it looked like you had no chance of getting near to the bar let alone being served!).

Otherwise the ground is in walking distance of the town centre, where along the High St you will find a few pubs including a large WETHERSPOONS outlet called the MOON UNDER

WATER - O NEIL'S and a WALKABOUT. If you are feeling peckish then if you are walking to the ground from the town centre then there are a number of eating establishments enroute.

Please note that alcohol is not sold in the away section.

Found some info :

Where To Drink?

Christopher Harrison a visiting Middlesbrough fan recommends the ODD FELLOWS (previously called 'Macs Bar') in Fearnley Street. 'It is only a couple of hundred yards from the

ground and they even had a barbeque in the beer garden'. The bar is situated off Cassio Road and is clearly visible when taking the route to Vicarage Road from the town centre via Market Street. The pub is only a few minutes walk away from the away turnstiles. It has a large beer garden, with a covered area for smokers and offers from its barbecue, Burgers (£3) and Hot Dogs (£2.50). Even though it was very busy on my last visit, I was impressed with the service from behind the bar, getting served in reasonable time (even though it looked like you had no chance of getting near to the bar let alone being served!).

Otherwise the ground is in walking distance of the town centre, where along the High St you will find a few pubs including a large WETHERSPOONS outlet called the MOON UNDER

WATER - O NEIL'S and a WALKABOUT. If you are feeling peckish then if you are walking to the ground from the town centre then there are a number of eating establishments enroute.

Please note that alcohol is not sold in the away section.

;)If there's no Alcohol in the Away Supporters Bar in the Ground - then it's got to be Weatherspoons with the option of Walkabout or O'Neils ....... and maybe a Tia Maria and Coke in

OddFellows - Why there is no alcohol sold at the ground ??????????

Just spoken to the ticket office. There are only "family area" tickets left, which they will not sell to any group that does not include at least one child.

But they said they may get permission to sell these to adults if it gets closer to match day and they are still unsold.