Leeds away

sticksaint

i would personally love it if there was a mass boycott of the game by saints fans in protest of this, i understand for a Leeds fan at work many home fans won't be attending this game in protest at the way Bates runs the club, disgusting prices that i would refuse to play, don't really enjoy going to Elland Road anyway.

i will be watching on tv for free.

Always knew this was going to be a pricey trip. Already had to book another return train ticket after it got moved for tv, which will now involve a night out in Sheffield. Up in Leeds from 10.30 in the morning. Got a feeling this is going to be one of those away games. Yorkshire W*nkers!

Same, but with only the one night in Blackpool, defintiely a pricey month of football.

remember if we beat Millwall we could then have a replay with Bolton or even get through and have a FA Cup 1/4 final in March as well just to add to the cost, imagine having someone like Sunderland away the week after Leeds, might as well take out a bank loan

remember if we beat Millwall we could then have a replay with Bolton or even get through and have a FA Cup 1/4 final in March as well just to add to the cost, imagine having someone like Sunderland away the week after Leeds, might as well take out a bank loan
Beat Millwall tonight, then have a replay against Bolton, beat them and end up having a midweek replay against M'Boro or Sunderland in the 1/4s ha.

Same as that though straight back after Hull plus trips to Germany, Holland and Glasgow for football as well. I'm going to be penniless come the end of March. Ha.

Missing those games, but try Bronze hospitality for Doncaster, Portsmouth & Reading, plus airfares from Brisbane. Had to get all 3 matches to guarantee Pompey tickets before I booked the airfares.

Then times that by 4 as the wife is a convert (although she'd be lucky to name half of the team) and both the kids want to experience what a reall "soccer" match is all about!

I'm going to be gutted if Pompey go under before then! lol

Missing those games, but try Bronze hospitality for Doncaster, Portsmouth & Reading, plus airfares from Brisbane. Had to get all 3 matches to guarantee Pompey tickets before I booked the airfares.

Then times that by 4 as the wife is a convert (although she'd be lucky to name half of the team) and both the kids want to experience what a reall "soccer" match is all about!

fair play, there are a few away trips over that period as well - word of warning, Reading at home will be moved as it it same day as FA Cup semi finals so we will be at Wembley that day

Fair f****g play to you lad. You doing all three home games or do you mean you had to buy for all three to guarantee Skates tickets?

i would personally love it if there was a mass boycott of the game by saints fans in protest of this, i understand for a Leeds fan at work many home fans won't be attending this game in protest at the way Bates runs the club, disgusting prices that i would refuse to play, don't really enjoy going to Elland Road anyway.

i will be watching on tv for free.

Interesting you say this.

I run a supporters group North of London. We have taken up to 20 fans to Northern away games, this season.

However one of our group heard about the Leeds ticket price and with it being on TV, suggested our group boycott the game and meet up in Hertfordshire, watch the game in a pub, and have a curry afterwards.

...and the response so far has been unanimous!!!

So we have agreed to boycott Leeds away and spend the cash on beer and curry instead, locally.

My understanding is that Saints don't lose out on the away ticket sales, just Leeds. is that right?

I run a supporters group North of London. We have taken up to 20 fans to Northern away games, this season.

However one of our group heard about the Leeds ticket price and with it being on TV, suggested our group boycott the game and meet up in Hertfordshire, watch the game in a pub, and have a curry afterwards.

So we have agreed to boycott Leeds away and spend the cash on beer and curry instead, locally.

My understanding is that Saints don't lose out on the away ticket sales, just Leeds. is that right?

Good shout that. Partly wishing I hadn't booked up now and saved the money for something else, sod paying £36 to line Bates/Leeds pockets.

Fair f****g play to you lad. You doing all three home games or do you mean you had to buy for all three to guarantee Skates tickets?

We arrive on Frday 23rd and will make a quick visit to the Saints shop that afternoon to stock up (although I'm gutted we can't wear our replica shirts in hospitality though!). We will be going to all 3 and hopefully Palace away as well if I can get the tickets (probably just me and the missus as I don't think the kids will be that interested). I was hoping to go to Blackpool on the 31st but apparently I am taking the wife and kids to Paris the day after so it's too much of a squeeze. At least I can watch the game in a pub somewhere with a bit of atmosphere!

I knew there was a possibility that Reading game would have been moved if we had got to the semi, but obviously that is one less thing to worry about now after last nights result (would have been happy to have forfeited the tickets for semi finals ones if it had worked out though!)

I'm hoping we can get our form back bl00dy quick though as I was sort of banking on the home game against Reading as being the promotion clincher. I don't think I'll have time to fit in Peterboro' as well because that's the day before we go home, but if that's got the possibility of being THE game...then I may have to find a way.....

We arrive on Frday 23rd and will make a quick visit to the Saints shop that afternoon to stock up (although I'm gutted we can't wear our replica shirts in hospitality though!). We will be going to all 3 and hopefully Palace away as well if I can get the tickets (probably just me and the missus as I don't think the kids will be that interested). I was hoping to go to Blackpool on the 31st but apparently I am taking the wife and kids to Paris the day after so it's too much of a squeeze. At least I can watch the game in a pub somewhere with a bit of atmosphere!

I knew there was a possibility that Reading game would have been moved if we had got to the semi, but obviously that is one less thing to worry about now after last nights result (would have been happy to have forfeited the tickets for semi finals ones if it had worked out though!)

I'm hoping we can get our form back bl00dy quick though as I was sort of banking on the home game against Reading as being the promotion clincher. I don't think I'll have time to fit in Peterboro' as well because that's the day before we go home, but if that's got the possibility of being THE game...then I may have to find a way.....

Should be a quality trip that. Might be worth looking at getting tickets in the Palace end for the game there, as away tickets for that game are hard to come by at the best of times.

yeah and from what i can see there are no premier league games on at the same time so you shouldn't have problems getting a pub to show it, problem is instead of a mass boycott which would draw attentio to the fans disgust at ticket prices we will instead have about 500 fans there and it will just look like we have a shlt following.

yeah and from what i can see there are no premier league games on at the same time so you shouldn't have problems getting a pub to show it, problem is instead of a mass boycott which would draw attentio to the fans disgust at ticket prices we will instead have about 500 fans there and it will just look like we have a shlt following.

That low d'you reckon?

That low d'you reckon?

look at the factors:

- up North, cold wintery weather

- ground we have played at loads of times before

- got watford away the week before a lot will be doing

- LIVE ON SKY

- £36 a match ticket

- Late kick off.

Yep, i reckon about 500

look at the factors:

- up North, cold wintery weather

- ground we have played at loads of times before

- got watford away the week before a lot will be doing

- LIVE ON SKY

- £36 a match ticket

- Late kick off.

Yep, i reckon about 500

the Northern based Saints that regularly attend will still buy tickets, but the idiots amongst us that go to games even when they are on TV might have second thoughts at that price so you might be right there. Premiership prices are not something to look forward to especially when every game can be seen on TV live.

the Northern based Saints that regularly attend will still buy tickets, but the idiots amongst us that go to games even when they are on TV might have second thoughts at that price so you might be right there. Premiership prices are not something to look forward to especially when every game can be seen on TV live.

£36 is steep but it isn't prohibitive especially when you factor in the rest of the day's expenses.

If its price, the only reason you wouldn't go is out of principle, not because you can't afford it.

FWIW, reckon it'll be closer to, if not over 800.

Edited by shurlock

£36 is steep but it isn't prohibitive especially when you factor in the rest of the day's expenses.

If its price, the only reason you wouldn't go is out of principle, not because you can't afford it.

Win the next couple and get back on a little run and I think the cost issue will disappear out the window and a trip to Leeds may back on the agenda for some.

for me its the petrol cost. £70 round trip is a lot to spend when its on the TV. If it wasn't then I'd probaly go and pay the £36 through gritted teeth. I love going to Elland Road as well. My Dad was a big fan and I've been may times. Bates is a **** and the sooner he ****s off the better.

Did Leeds away 2 years ago. Absolutely froze my tits off. Leeds were sh*te, Saints were sh*te and only one moment of brilliance from Snograss stopped it being a 0-0 bore draw. It's hardly a happy hunting ground for us either, we beat them 3-0 under Burley but that's about it really. Went to the last one on the bingo bus, which was alright because I was with a mate, had an empty seat next to me and no p*ssed up kn*bbers singing out of tune all day.

I think the highlight of the day was on the bus on the way out seeing some lardy Leeds fan fall fat on his backside on the ice, only to look up and see 3 coaches of Saints fans giving him the sign language. Says it all really, they can shove their £36 tickets (£39 with our T/O I suppose) where the sun doesn't shine, although that could be anywhere in Yorkshire.

Did Leeds away 2 years ago. Absolutely froze my tits off. Leeds were sh*te, Saints were sh*te and only one moment of brilliance from Snograss stopped it being a 0-0 bore draw. It's hardly a happy hunting ground for us either, we beat them 3-0 under Burley but that's about it really. Went to the last one on the bingo bus, which was alright because I was with a mate, had an empty seat next to me and no p*ssed up kn*bbers singing out of tune all day.

I think the highlight of the day was on the bus on the way out seeing some lardy Leeds fan fall fat on his backside on the ice, only to look up and see 3 coaches of Saints fans giving him the sign language. Says it all really, they can shove their £36 tickets (£39 with our T/O I suppose) where the sun doesn't shine, although that could be anywhere in Yorkshire.

I went to that one as well .Queued up for an hour waiting for a bus back to Leeds city centre :-( You`re right the sun doesn`t shine in Yorkshire!