Oour remaing away games

ladysaint

After Leeds this Saturday and Hull on a Tuesday night I think we will sell out the rest of our away games, our away support this season has been brilliant and seems to be growing match by match.
Deopends what you class as "selling out" at Millwall. Can't see us filling that lower tier.

Would be nice but can't see it. If we were able to secure promotion there and then we would sell out but it's looking like it will surely go down to the last day.

Leeds 800-1000

Hull 500-800

Blackpool - 1200-1500

Peterborough sell out regardless

Boro - could see 5000-6000 if were top/2nd

Blackpool will sell out regardless. Would be good if we even manage 800 at Leeds. Millwall? Should be a sell out, London away day at that time of year.

Planning on doing Leeds, Blackpool, Palace, Peterborough and Middlesbrough. Leeds tickets purchased today, how many of these remaining games do you think will go to General Sale?
Peterborough, Middlesborough, should make general sale, Blackpool is you're very lucky there might be a few, Palace no chance at all.

Peterborough, Middlesborough, should make general sale, Blackpool is you're very lucky there might be a few, Palace no chance at all.

why Blackpool if very lucky? the game is live on BBC1 with an evening kick off, i can't see that many making the journey

Granted there will be a lot of p*** heads up there but it's also on BBC so would imagine a few tickets being unsold. Hope to be proved wrong.

why Blackpool if very lucky? the game is live on BBC1 with an evening kick off, i can't see that many making the journey
Actually you're right, hadn't realised the allocation was as big as 2.5k (is this correct?). Still think it'll be a popular away day, lots will do a weekend for it and our form is currently good.

Actually you're right, hadn't realised the allocation was as big as 2.5k (is this correct?). Still think it'll be a popular away day, lots will do a weekend for it and our form is currently good.

i think with Millwall 2 weeks earlier, and Palace a week later there will be plenty who just give Blackpool a swerve, the away stand is large now with plenty of tickets, not only do i think we won't sell out, i think we'll only have 1000 there.

then there will be a scramble for tickets for Palace.

will be more than enough to go round on general sale for:

Leeds

Millwall

Hull

Blackpool

Peterborough

Middlesbrough

so only Palace away that will sell out to season ticket holders in my opinion, so much easier for those who want to go unlike last year scramble for tickets at places like Brentford / Orient / Bournemouth / Plymouth / Brighton

i think with Millwall 2 weeks earlier, and Palace a week later there will be plenty who just give Blackpool a swerve, the away stand is large now with plenty of tickets, not only do i think we won't sell out, i think we'll only have 1000 there.

then there will be a scramble for tickets for Palace.

will be more than enough to go round on general sale for:

Leeds

Millwall

Hull

Blackpool

Peterborough

Middlesbrough

so only Palace away that will sell out to season ticket holders in my opinion, so much easier for those who want to go unlike last year scramble for tickets at places like Brentford / Orient / Bournemouth / Plymouth / Brighton

Bet you a tenner we take more than 1.5k to Blackpool :D Agreed though, better run in than last year ticket wise, those that want to go should be able to sort tickets for most.

2200 away allocation at Blackpool, Peterborough were meant to start demolition work on the away end by March for their redevelopment of their stadium but I can't see anywhere if the planned works are still on schedule.

2200 away allocation at Blackpool, Peterborough were meant to start demolition work on the away end by March for their redevelopment of their stadium but I can't see anywhere if the planned works are still on schedule.

They have West Ham at home Tuesday 27th March (re-arranged) and have already sold out the away terrace for that so if they demolished before then they'd have to find new seats for them.

after that only 3 weeks of home games left, would be strange to knock down a stand with only a couple of games to go?!

If, and it is an if, we could be promoted at Boro we'd sellout as many as they'd give us.

I reckon, with another couple of decent results behind us, that we could sellout Millwall (both tiers) as well.

The closer promotion looks, if we can keep it going, the more people want a bit of it.

My thoughts exactly, lots going to Boro already and making a weekend of it.

Towards the end of the 78 promotion season we took around 10,000 to both Luton and Fulham (Friday night) and and estimated (as Saints fans were in most parts of the ground) between 12-15,000 of a 20,000 gate at Orient.

Although it wont be as many these days, I'm looking forward to some cracking away trips between now and May.

Bet you a tenner we take more than 1.5k to Blackpool :D Agreed though, better run in than last year ticket wise, those that want to go should be able to sort tickets for most.

yeah i'll take that bet, reckon it will be 1350 in the away section.

would love it if we were promoted at Middlesbrough, a rough old north east away day done a few times, remember going up there on a sunday around 99/00 season, had a few 1-0 wins there, used to remember a pub by Darlington station that was cheapest in the country , already booked for the weekend as well for this one.

yeah i'll take that bet, reckon it will be 1350 in the away section.

would love it if we were promoted at Middlesbrough, a rough old north east away day done a few times, remember going up there on a sunday around 99/00 season, had a few 1-0 wins there, used to remember a pub by Darlington station that was cheapest in the country , already booked for the weekend as well for this one.

Hogan's was the name, a right sh*thole but pints starting at 95p so you couldn't go wrong. Been there a few times over the years, not sure if it's still there mind.

We're doing a Newcastle weekender for Boro. Flying up Friday night and back on the Sunday. If they change the kick off like WBA a few years back I will not be happy.

Hogan's was the name, a right sh*thole but pints starting at 95p so you couldn't go wrong. Been there a few times over the years, not sure if it's still there mind.

We're doing a Newcastle weekender for Boro. Flying up Friday night and back on the Sunday. If they change the kick off like WBA a few years back I will not be happy.

Remember it being 65p a pint of Stones Bitter, 85p a pint of Carling, always had a good crack in there to be fair, think it made The Sun one year as the cheapest pub in Britain. Surprised so many are stopping in Newcastle, it's a fair trek to and from M'Boro.

that's the one! i'll be gutted if they change the game, we have booked friday - sunday so will be ok for friday evening, early/late saturday or sunday game, so anything but Monday! we are staying in York though

Reckon we can take a decent number to Hull, people seem to love the long midweek games.

Only 1500 on sale at the moment. I'm going to make a mini-break out of it, go to Milwall on the Saturday, stay over in London then strike northwards in me trusty galleon.

Edited by RonManager

Towards the end of the 78 promotion season we took around 10,000 to both Luton and Fulham (Friday night) and and estimated (as Saints fans were in most parts of the ground) between 12-15,000 of a 20,000 gate at Orient.

Although it wont be as many these days, I'm looking forward to some cracking away trips between now and May.

I remember that Orient game....not particularly well, but I do remember outnumbering the Orient fans by about 3 to 1. I have a gut feeling the Peterboro game is going to be the clincher this time. It's 2 days before I head back to Aus and to be honest I had assumed it would be a sell-out and I had no chance of getting tickets. It would be a fantastic end to my trip if that was the case :D

....although saying that, I won't be too disappointed if we clinch promotion at home to Reading in the previous game ;)

I remember that Orient game....not particularly well, but I do remember outnumbering the Orient fans by about 3 to 1. I have a gut feeling the Peterboro game is going to be the clincher this time. It's 2 days before I head back to Aus and to be honest I had assumed it would be a sell-out and I had no chance of getting tickets. It would be a fantastic end to my trip if that was the case :D

....although saying that, I won't be too disappointed if we clinch promotion at home to Reading in the previous game ;)

For games where fans are fearing missing out on tickets, have they looked at going on the home teams website and maybe buying a kids or OAPs ticket (whichever is cheapest) to get themselves on the database, therefore possibly buying a few when we play there? Just a suggestion like? Rather than leaving it to the week before to find its database only etc.

Remember it being 65p a pint of Stones Bitter, 85p a pint of Carling, always had a good crack in there to be fair, think it made The Sun one year as the cheapest pub in Britain. Surprised so many are stopping in Newcastle, it's a fair trek to and from M'Boro.

Yeah, Newcastle to Boro is a good distance but as we're flying into Newcastle and also the fact that Boro rivals Luton in the 'absolute toilet' stakes we thought this would be a sensible option.

On the subject of Peterborough, I got confirmation from their chairman on Twitter earlier this afternoon that the terrace will still be there when we go there :o

i think this is the first actually useful bit of info from Twitter ever! excellent news.

i do feel a bit silly now though for going to P'boro v MK Dons and standing in the away end for the play offs last season.

i think this is the first actually useful bit of info from Twitter ever! excellent news.

i do feel a bit silly now though for going to P'boro v MK Dons and standing in the away end for the play offs last season.

:lol:

To be fair, we expected a) the terrace to be gone this season and b) Peterborough to get dicked by Huddersfield in the playoff final. West Ham have sold around 5000 for their trip up there at the end of March :uhoh:

:lol:

To be fair, we expected a) the terrace to be gone this season and b) Peterborough to get dicked by Huddersfield in the playoff final. West Ham have sold around 5000 for their trip up there at the end of March :uhoh:

Thats great we could have matched that if it was on a Saturday dont you think.

West Ham's game is midweek as well, to be fair. Re-arranged from a couple of weeks ago when it was frozen off.
But they would have purchased their tickets for a Saturday game originally, still good going though wasnt impressed with their fans when we played them recently.