Boro away

CFSFC

Not to bad at all that!!

best thing about the deal is you can travel up any time other than peak 3.30-7pm so go up friday lunchtime, and on anytime back on the sunday, worth giving them a bell to see what they can offer. cost of getting to London on top though.

Looking expensive. Flights from Southampton are £190, cheapest train I could find was just over £100.

Looks like the cheapest option is driving. About £160 on fuel for me, makes it fairly reasonable when split between 4. Planning to drive up to Newcastle on the Friday, train back down to Middlesbrough Saturday morning, back to Newcastle for another night out then home Sunday.

Couldn't care less whether it's a promotion decider (although it would be nice), it's going to be a top weekend.

Looking expensive. Flights from Southampton are £190, cheapest train I could find was just over £100.

Looks like the cheapest option is driving. About £160 on fuel for me, makes it fairly reasonable when split between 4. Planning to drive up to Newcastle on the Friday, train back down to Middlesbrough Saturday morning, back to Newcastle for another night out then home Sunday.

Couldn't care less whether it's a promotion decider (although it would be nice), it's going to be a top weekend.

There's a deal already posted up on here of return train from London with 2 nights hotel for £99. Won't get a much better deal than that.

these chaps are good for the Eastcoast line http://www.superbreak.com/promo/rail.htm

we got £99 each for return trains from kings cross and 2 nights hotel in York, but they do Newcastle as well as an option.

worth remembering TV games still not done for that weekend, so could get moved still.

Don't say that just booked accomodation with no option to change :-(

There's a deal already posted up on here of return train from London with 2 nights hotel for £99. Won't get a much better deal than that.

Think it's cheaper to drive. 4 of us in the car is about £40 each on fuel, which leaves £30pppn to get hotel rooms. Easily done with some change with 2 twin rooms. That £99 deal is good, but you've got the extra expense of getting to London to use it. It'll probably be quicker to drive up on the Friday anyway if we leave Southampton at 9-10. 5-6 hours depending on traffic

Think it's cheaper to drive. 4 of us in the car is about £40 each on fuel, which leaves £30pppn to get hotel rooms. Easily done with some change with 2 twin rooms. That £99 deal is good, but you've got the extra expense of getting to London to use it. It'll probably be quicker to drive up on the Friday anyway if we leave Southampton at 9-10. 5-6 hours depending on traffic
Each to their own, you're right should save you a few quid. However, Saturday night hotels aren't cheap anywhere. Have you driven from Southampton to Newcastle before? And back with a rotten hangover? Enjoy ;)

Each to their own, you're right should save you a few quid. However, Saturday night hotels aren't cheap anywhere. Have you driven from Southampton to Newcastle before? And back with a rotten hangover? Enjoy ;)

Drove Carlisle to Southampton on a rotten hangover after a friend's wedding. Lots of stops and coffee. Most hotels are pricey but I've got no problems staying somewhere sh*t like an Etap. Only ever in there for a few hours of alcohol induced sleep

Sky announce date of fixtures, games yet to be announced.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html#

Hopefully with the Reading game being shown on Fri 13/4 they wont pick our game with Peterborough for the one scheduled on Monday 16/4 for those of us with travel already arranged. It's a certainty that the game with Moddlesbrough will be picked either for the 5.20 kick off on Sat or the Monday game scheduled on 23/4

I can handle a change to 17:20 on the Saturday but if they move it to Monday night then it will f*ck everything up!

Looking at the fixtures on that day, the other games that could be moved would be Leicester vs WHU and BHA vs Birmingham.

I can handle a change to 17:20 on the Saturday but if they move it to Monday night then it will f*ck everything up!

Looking at the fixtures on that day, the other games that could be moved would be Leicester vs WHU and BHA vs Birmingham.

Looks odds on our game will not be 3Pm kick off then

If so lets hope it's 5.20 Saturday, quite fancy overnighter in either York or Leeds

considering quite a few have already booked up for the weekend it is fair to say i'll go mad if it is moved to the monday.

6 weeks to go this weekend, how close will they leave it to announce i wonder.

considering advance railfares go on sale 12 weeks in advance they should not be allowed to move games after that date.

Think Cardiff play Leeds that weekend as well currently its a 1230 ko but surely that is the one more likely to be televised at 2000 hours on the Monday night, isnt it, well I hope so I have booked 18 of us in b and b for the night and paid the deposit so will be very angry if it is changed now.

Think Cardiff play Leeds that weekend as well currently its a 1230 ko but surely that is the one more likely to be televised at 2000 hours on the Monday night, isnt it, well I hope so I have booked 18 of us in b and b for the night and paid the deposit so will be very angry if it is changed now.

Imagine the police have moved it to that time, unless that's the game the Beeb are going to show?

Absolutely no chance the Cardiff v Leeds game will be shifted, as TCM says, it'll have been put there on police advice in the first place.

Blackpool v Burnley

Brighton v Birmingham City

Bristol City v Barnsley

Cardiff City v Leeds United

Coventry City v Doncaster Rovers

Hull City v Nottingham Forest

Ipswich Town v Millwall

Leicester City v West Ham United

Middlesbrough v Southampton

Peterborough United v Watford

Portsmouth v Derby County

Reading v Crystal Palace

Pick two from the four highlighted for live coverage, I reckon.

Absolutely no chance the Cardiff v Leeds game will be shifted, as TCM says, it'll have been put there on police advice in the first place.

Blackpool v Burnley

Brighton v Birmingham City

Bristol City v Barnsley

Cardiff City v Leeds United

Coventry City v Doncaster Rovers

Hull City v Nottingham Forest

Ipswich Town v Millwall

Leicester City v West Ham United

Middlesbrough v Southampton

Peterborough United v Watford

Portsmouth v Derby County

Reading v Crystal Palace

Pick two from the four highlighted for live coverage, I reckon.

The fact that we are on the week before might come into it.

(Straws clutched)

My guess is the Beeb will want Lesta v WHU, we'll be the late Saturday KO on Sky and Brighton v Brum will be on Monday evening.

Is there another BBC game that weekend? I thought they'd done their full quota of games now.

I'd rather we weren't on TV as it would encourage a bigger away following, but the Saturday evening slot is the best of a bad bunch, I guess.

Is there another BBC game that weekend? I thought they'd done their full quota of games now.

I'd rather we weren't on TV as it would encourage a bigger away following, but the Saturday evening slot is the best of a bad bunch, I guess.

I just assumed they would've held one back for the business end of the season?

Same here. What with it being so far away, IMO it would easily knock a 1000 or so off our following if it was on TV.

We've had a right touch there, I had visions of changing flights and getting shafted by Flybe in the process. 17:20 kick offs are decent, everyone half cut from an all dayer which will no doubt improve the atmosphere, just like Reading.

Does anyone know how many tickets we will get for this one? Hoping it reaches general sale (hanging back on booking a hotel for the Saturday until I get a ticket -so thanks in advance for any info)

I think we can get up to over 3,000 tickets with game on TV you'll have no problem getting a ticket, as loads will not go due to late Kick off

I know that London Saints originally had 36 goin up, but 8 have dropped out already

I think we can get up to over 3,000 tickets with game on TV you'll have no problem getting a ticket, as loads will not go due to late Kick off

I know that London Saints originally had 36 goin up, but 8 have dropped out already

Thanks for that. Just booked the Thistle for the Saturday night (nearest Hotel to the Riverside apparently.

I really, really can't see us taking 4/5,000 odd to Boro. We barely sold our ticket allocation for the Play Off Semi at Derby.

Shorter notice though and midweek. Derby didn't even sell 3200 for the saturday game.