Anyone play keyboard? Advice needed.

Huffton

Agree with Boj, I started playing keyboard at around 8 and inherited my uncle's old keyboard. Full sized keys are much easier to play with, it's only slightly awkward to play with at first, you get used to it. Also, it saves buying a keyboard with smaller keys and then when your son outgrows the keyboard having to buy a bigger one!

Yamaha is very dependable for beginners instruments, they do quite a good line in keyboards too. The YPT200-K is good and quite cheap (£70 on Amazon.co.uk) but if you've got a bit more cash to spend, I recommend that you do, as the instrument will (obviously) be better quality and nicer. And if it's going to be a long term thing then it's a lot better to have a decent quality keyboard. The Casio CTK-4000 is a very good quality keyboard, loads of 'voices' to experiment with and a very nice instrument. Only downside is it's £169.99 (Amazon again) which is again, quite pricey. Another keyboard which is good quality but cheaper than the CTK-4000 is the Casio CTK-2000, which is a good £70 cheaper than the 4000 but still very good.

Of course, if you're willing to blow £200+ on a keyboard, you'll be spoilt for choice, but that's probably very unneccessary for an 8 year old..

Hope I helped, any questions just reply on here.