Away's next year!! Top 3's

CFSFC

For me Arsenal is the stand out followed by Wigan and Swansea.

After these 3 I've completed all Prem and Championship grounds.

Not done Wigan and Stoke, so looking forward to knocking those off, Wigan particularly, love the northern away days to little towns like that.

Top 3 are;

1) Everton - Love Goodison, proper away day, proper away ground, plenty of good pubs in Liverpool city centre.

2) Arsenal - Done a game there before, but would be a buzz seeing Saints there, untold numbers of decent places for a drink within 15mins of the ground.

3) West Brom - Low key and rarely gets a mention, but another place I've always enjoyed going, proper ground and support, decent booze up in Brum before and after.

For those that didn't go to Swansea when we played them in '08, it was an utterly s**t away day.

Wigan and Bolton, plus any of Man U, Man C, Everton or Liverpool and they have to be in September between 4th and 20th whilst I'm back. All very easy reach from my house in Leigh.

Actually scrap The Mancs and Liverpool prob wouldn't be able to get a ticket because of the glory hunters.

Also need a weekend for a home game as well whilst visiting the folks.

Wonder if we will change our mid weeks to Wed again and join most of the other PL teams.

Wigan and Bolton, plus any of Man U, Man C, Everton or Liverpool and they have to be in September between 4th and 20th whilst I'm back. All very easy reach from my house in Leigh.

Actually scrap The Mancs and Liverpool prob wouldn't be able to get a ticket because of the glory hunters.

Also need a weekend for a home game as well whilst visiting the folks.

Wonder if we will change our mid weeks to Wed again and join most of the other PL teams.

Yeah you'd get a ticket for them. They're north of Birmingham which is too far for our fans to travel.

Looking forward to Everton to see if we take over 500 as we never used to back in the day.

It's funny how we have a generation 16-23 year olds who didn't really get to do all the big grounds back in the day.

Looking forward to Everton to see if we take over 500 as we never used to back in the day.

It's funny how we have a generation 16-23 year olds who didn't really get to do all the big grounds back in the day.

Last time I was at Everton was for a 'Super Sunday' game. We must've had about 600 there and lost in the last minute. Those were the days...

Most looking forward to...

Wigan, Everton, Fulham and Newcastle.

Will finish all 20 in the Prem then, not really to bothered about Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc Il let them the JCLs have them.

Most looking forward to...

Wigan, Everton, Fulham and Newcastle.

Will finish all 20 in the Prem then, not really to bothered about Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc Il let them the JCLs have them.

Decent drink up at Fulham, but will be s**t in the ground, proper day trippers day out.

1. Spurs - especially if that **** is still in charge.

2. Wigan - as most haven't done it we'll take a good following and I've had a good day when there previously.

3. Sunderland - really like the ground and a top night out is guaranteed not too far away.

If you're asking, I've already done them all apart from the Emirates. Done Highbury a few times though.

Got a fair few mates in Manchester so I'm looking forward to going up there, I'm hoping for United away on a saturday, did City when they beat us in the cup and I thought it was a sh*t away day. W*nkers for stewards and the OB were well over the top.

Looking forward to another weekend in the Northeast, want Newcastle or Sunderland on a saturday and not around xmas.

And the Emirates, another new ground for us, and a day in London on the p*ss.

1. Spurs - especially if that **** is still in charge.

2. Wigan - as most haven't done it we'll take a good following and I've had a good day when there previously.

3. Sunderland - really like the ground and a top night out is guaranteed not too far away.

If you're asking, I've already done them all apart from the Emirates. Done Highbury a few times though.

Was thinking of saying Sunderland, but have heard away fans are being stuck up in the upper tier from next season on Martin O'Neill's request) which make it a bit s**t.

Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal would be my top 3 but unlikely to get a ticket for either end. So I'll go with the Ugly Manchester Sisters and Newcastle even if I have to sit in the home end AGAIN
What exactly is the appeal of going to Chelsea or Spurs?

Was thinking of saying Sunderland, but have heard away fans are being stuck up in the upper tier from next season on Martin O'Neill's request) which make it a bit s**t.

Yeah we're going to be stuck up in the upper tier. Same at Old Trafford, we're going to be right up in the corner of the 3 tiered main stand.

Neutral end, everyone sat down, no atmosphere. Urgh...

At least we can get a picture next to the Wacko Jacko statue.

Done that already ha. We'll probably stand, but it would be a day tripper day out and I include the mongy p**sheads who can't handle their beer and only seem to do London aways under that.

What about who might still go down out of the Prem. Want QPR and Bolton to drop, as with everyone want Wigan and always liked going to Blackburn for some reason (unfortunately think Bolton will pip them).

In terms of teams coming up, enjoyed our away days at all 4 of the teams that are in the play offs this season, so I'd be pretty happy with any of them.

Remember back in the late 80s and through the 90s we'd have 1.5k at Liverpool, lucky to have half that at Everton. Same went for Man Utd away compared to a lot less doing City. Stupid really.

Yeah, been weird chatting to lads in their early 20s etc who are buzzing at doing Prem grounds for the first time, pleased I got the chance to do them all back when I did.

Edited by Sour Mash

Yeah we're going to be stuck up in the upper tier. Same at Old Trafford, we're going to be right up in the corner of the 3 tiered main stand.
That mean cheaper tickets at Old Trafford or more expensive?

O'Neill is a busy c**t - I've been told he was responsible for moving away fans from behind the goal at Villa to the side corner and now changing a decent away at Sunderland.

Wigan, Arsenal, Sunderland and Stoke. I know that's four but they're the only grounds in the top 2 divisions I haven't done.

Dont get your hopes set too high for the britannia. I used to go there when I lived in stoke, its pretty horrible tbh.

Always had a great day out for Stoke away, ground is out of the way but there are buses or just jump in a taxi. Some of the pubs are lairy but if you're sensible then it's absolutely fine.

As for clubs moving away fans to sh*t parts of the ground... I'm all for that to be honest. Ok, not ideal for us away fans but if it gives the home team an advantage then credit to the people making that decision. I'd personally stick the away support at SMS in the Chapel / Kingsland corner.

Dont get your hopes set too high for the britannia. I used to go there when I lived in stoke, its pretty horrible tbh.

I imagine I've been to far worse.

Always looked one of the better days out in the Premiership. Noisy home support with a bit of an 'edge' to it. Been to Stoke before and it's a dump, but away days in Northern dumps are my perfect Saturday.

Always looked one of the better days out in the Premiership. Noisy home support with a bit of an 'edge' to it. Been to Stoke before and it's a dump, but away days in Northern dumps are my perfect Saturday.

Overrated-one of those s****y soulless grounds that's tucked behind a dual carriageway and only really accessible by bus a la Reading,MK Dons and Leeds though Elland Road will always be a class apart. Takes any edge off the game. Maybe it's different in the prem but home fans are well away from the away fans while the stands are too far from the pitch and not properly enclosed. All in all, a pretty nondescript day out that punches well below its weight.

Edited by shurlock

Same 3 as CFSFC Wigan (where i am sure we will shock them with our turnout!) Swansea and the Emirates - that will get me up to 80, including old and relocated stadiums as one.

Then its Reading! Big following plus we owe them one......

Overrated-one of those s****y soulless grounds that's tucked behind a dual carriageway and only really accessible by bus a la Reading,MK Dons and Leeds though Elland Road will always be a class apart. Takes any edge off the game. Maybe it's different in the prem but home fans are well away from the away fans while the stands are too far from the pitch and not properly enclosed. All in all, a pretty nondescript day out that punches well below its weight.

There are going to be plenty of those next season.

Remember a big Barny on the roundabout decent game that. Proper lairy. One im looking forward to.

The point of the thread is to find out which away games people are looking forward to the most next season. If the only reason we're allowed to give was "seeing Southampton play" it would make this thread a tad redundant.

I gave my 3 as Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, I was then asked what was the appeal of going to Spurs and Chelsea by Sour Mash. Seeing Southampton play was my response. Sorry not used to the multi quote button but good to see the forum Police on the ball

I gave my 3 as Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, I was then asked what was the appeal of going to Spurs and Chelsea by Sour Mash. Seeing Southampton play was my response. Sorry not used to the multi quote button but good to see the forum Police on the ball

But if that's your sole reason, surely you're looking forward to doing all 19 away's just as much? How are those 3 more special than the rest?

Ok, why does seeing Southampton play at those two places appeal more than other potential away games? It was a genuine question.

Coming from Scotland, the northern trips are a doddle. I enjoy the London trips especially midweek when we travel back home on the sleeper. I've never been to Stamford Bridge, Emirates or White Hart Lane and I wouldn't go to the expense of travelling to these stadiums if Saints were not playing there.

Hope that clears that up