Requiem for a Dream

Sheaf Saint

Anybody seen this film?

I watched it last night and I feel like I need some trauma counselling! I loved it, but it's a seriously disturbing film. Some of the cinematography is incredible and the sequence where the mum goes into a psychosis in her living room is absolutely superb.

Highly recommended, but with a warning attached - this film is NOT easy watching.

I love this film.

I remember watching it with a group of mates a few years ago. As it finished, with everyone sat in silence, trying to take in what they had just seen, a mate said "can we please watch some comedy now. I have to go to bed before work but cant go to bed with that on my mind"

I love this film.

I remember watching it with a group of mates a few years ago. As it finished, with everyone sat in silence, trying to take in what they had just seen, a mate said "can we please watch some comedy now. I have to go to bed before work but cant go to bed with that on my mind"

That was my reaction to it. I believe I asked my GF and her housemate if we could watch something 'fluffy' to lift my spirits again before bed.

update I have now watched it all the way through and I am in two minds, yes it's deeply effecting thanks in no part to the amazing score and choppy editing, but it's also seems to only make the point that drugs are bad. I guess it's trying to say how easy it is to slip into addiction and how it effects everyone around you. I will say Ellen Burstyn was amazing. Ultimately I really liked the film but am confused to it's dubious drug message.