Pre-Season Friendly at Evian/Thonon Les Bains - 21st July

@ Orange :

You'll be dissapointed, then.

They already had to move after being promoted as their own ground did not meet French first division regulations.

I might be there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Orange :

You'll be dissapointed, then.

They already had to move after being promoted as their own ground did not meet French first division regulations.

I might be there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Just wanted to let you know as you wrote "Really hoping it will be a bigger team/ground like Lyon/Marseille."

I've been there quite a while ago an it's even on their Wikipedia entry :

"Evian formerly played its home matches at the Stade Joseph-Moynat in the club's hometown, but moved to the Parc des Sports in nearby Annecy for the 2010–11 season as the Joseph-Moynat did not meet the Ligue de Football Professionnel's standards. The Parc des Sports will serve as a temporary stadium for the club, while the club contemplates building a new facility or renovating the Stade Joseph-Moynat."

On the Saints' homepage they say they will be playing at their old ground, which holds 6.000 approx and looks like this :

i.aspx?i=15th_mediterranean%2Fjoseph.jpg

Just wanted to let you know as you wrote "Really hoping it will be a bigger team/ground like Lyon/Marseille."

"Evian formerly played its home matches at the Stade Joseph-Moynat in the club's hometown, but moved to the Parc des Sports in nearby Annecy for the 2010–11 season as the Joseph-Moynat did not meet the Ligue de Football Professionnel's standards. The Parc des Sports will serve as a temporary stadium for the club, while the club contemplates building a new facility or renovating the Stade Joseph-Moynat."

On the Saints' homepage they say they will be playing at their old ground, which holds 6.000 approx and looks like this :

Ah right i'm with you now, i was on about the other unconfirmed fixture though.

Hoping that might be at a bigger location further south

The OS shows a picture of the Parc Des Sports, home of Annecy FC, which holds over 12,000.

The OS shows a picture of the Parc Des Sports, home of Annecy FC, which holds over 12,000.

HERE they say

Saints' second friendly will see them take on Ligue 1 outfit Évian Thonon Gaillard FC at the Stade Joseph-Moynat on Saturday 21st July, with the fixture kicking off at 7pm local time.

And the Stade Joseph Moynat 100% is their old, small ground.

I've been there before...

Stade Joseph-Moynat is a multi-use stadium in Thonon-les-Bains, France. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Croix de Savoie Gaillard. The stadium is able to hold 6,000 people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stade_Joseph-Moynat

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking around for a camping site as it's only a couple of days now. Anybody camping? If I do instead of a hotel I can then spend a bit more on a decent meal. It seems strange for an away match for nobody to have any local knowldege. "Which one's the away bar"? :-)

Just been looking around for a camping site as it's only a couple of days now. Anybody camping? If I do instead of a hotel I can then spend a bit more on a decent meal. It seems strange for an away match for nobody to have any local knowldege. "Which one's the away bar"? :-)

Were in a hotel just over the swiss border in Lausanne.

Two big uni's there, so some class nightlife to be found by all accounts. Beats a couple of Cafe's which is pretty much all Evian has to offer.

Just hope I read the ferry timetable properly and we can get back after the game. Ha.

You're coming back in the morning then? The last ferry FROM Thonon to Lausanne is 9 in the evening.. The match kicks off at 7....

You're coming back in the morning then? The last ferry FROM Thonon to Lausanne is 9 in the evening.. The match kicks off at 7....

There are ferries from Evian at 22.00 and 23.00. I've checked and there are a few taxi firms in Evian/Thonnon, so should be alright in getting to and from the game.

Going to cost a few bob extra but worth it to ensure we're in a city with clubs that go to the wee hours.

Ah right, you're going to spend a bit of money on your night out!:-) Best to pre-book that taxi: I won't be driving anywhere (hic) so don't look at me.. Seems a shame booking a hotel, it's so warm a park bench would do you rather than the chambermaid coming to chuck you at 10 in the morning after 5 hours "sleep".

Ah right, you're going to spend a bit of money on your night out!:-) Best to pre-book that taxi: I won't be driving anywhere (hic) so don't look at me.. Seems a shame booking a hotel, it's so warm a park bench would do you rather than the chambermaid coming to chuck you at 10 in the morning after 5 hours "sleep".

Yeah I've done a couple of night's out in that part of the world before and it's not cheap. Oh well...

5hrs sleep?! That's a bit ambitious.